HGH For A 42 Year Old Vet

hey fellas!, i’ve been training for 25 years and at 5’10" 222lbs and 12% BF i look ok but although ive experimented with all sorts of androgen cycles, ive never used GH. so my question is twofold.

first what is the optimum dosage for a man my age and size? and secondly could i expect to become leaner at say 4units per day? i work for a hormone replacement doctor who also bodybuilds and he feels like 2 units is ample. whats the reality?

[quote]rainbow22 wrote:
hey fellas!, i’ve been training for 25 years and at 5’10" 222lbs and 12% BF i look ok but although ive experimented with all sorts of androgen cycles, ive never used GH. so my question is twofold.

first what is the optimum dosage for a man my age and size? and secondly could i expect to become leaner at say 4units per day? i work for a hormone replacement doctor who also bodybuilds and he feels like 2 units is ample. whats the reality?[/quote]

Are you looking for results from a single cycle, repeating cycles or looking for HGH HRT recommendations?

HGH and T are synergistic. Might be best and more cost effective to do both together and add what you normally need to deal with side effects.

well my plan was to run test cyp at 400-500mg per week and then add the hgh at whatever daily dose i deem to be best without being wasteful. i seem to be stuck on thinking 3-4units per day would do the job

Whoa there buddy. Hold on. Thats way to much GH to run long term. The side effects(numbing hands/headaches, etc) you’ll get them in no time at that rate.

You actually want to shoot for NO MORE than 10IU per WEEK. You also don’t want to run it 7 days a week either.

You could go for something like 2IU 5 on 2off, or 2IU EOD. People have gotten great results from doses far less than that BTW, doses like 5IU per week…

This is what my HRT doc recommended BTW

I am also 42 and have been using hgh for 3 months now. I would do 2iu’s for 5 on and 2 off. I started at a higher dose of 2.5 to 3 iu’s and had to back it down because of the sides. What does your doc say about the sides? I still get a little numbing in the hands and some minor joint pain but the results I am getting are worth it. I still wonder if these minor sides go away after a couple of months. If so I plan to bring my dose back up to 2.5 iu’s.

i appreciate the input fellas. is there a specific benefit to using the 5 on, 2off protocol with HGH?

[quote]rainbow22 wrote:
i appreciate the input fellas. is there a specific benefit to using the 5 on, 2off protocol with HGH?[/quote]

The age management folks explain that this gives the feedback system some recovery time. The HGH causes the liver to produce IGF-1 and the IGF-1 levels are the feedback to control HGH production. There may not be any research to back that 5/2 protocol up; but somethings become ‘true’ if repeated enough. I can’t see the point of the 5/2 protocol if one’s HGH production was down to zero.

I would say 4iu’s daily 7 days a week to start and this is my reasoning behind it…

…4iu’s is optimal as a daily dose and can be dropped if needed because of any sides…

…Daily is optimal because it keeps levels consistent and the only real reason people would not run GH daily is a cost issue…

…I would cycle it 3 months at a time along with some Test for the synergism

The benfit for us older guys is in the soft tissue regeneration of tendons, ligaments and cartlidge. 2 ius a day over the long haul say 6 months or so will do a body good. There are a million opinions on how much. I have been doing 2 ius ED since early August on ocassion I’ll do 4. I have ran 2 cycles while on and it definitely adds a kicker.

KsMan: I believe Somatostatin is the hormone that regulates GH.

Good luck…

Very true shoulders…Just like Test, if your going to CYCLE something, cycle big, and 4IU would be solid…

However, if one plans on doing this for life, one would want a dose far less than that. 2IU EOD would put someone who weighs under 200lbs in the high range as it is…

[quote]Devil’s lap dog wrote:
I am also 42 and have been using hgh for 3 months now. I would do 2iu’s for 5 on and 2 off. I started at a higher dose of 2.5 to 3 iu’s and had to back it down because of the sides. What does your doc say about the sides? I still get a little numbing in the hands and some minor joint pain but the results I am getting are worth it. I still wonder if these minor sides go away after a couple of months. If so I plan to bring my dose back up to 2.5 iu’s.[/quote]

I can get further info on the sides from my doc…

In general, my doc, like a lot of HRT people, only uses enough said drug to get one in the high normal ranges. 10IU of HGH per week, test anywhere from 100 to 200mg per week, etc. etc…for 2 good reasons.

1. Legality of treatment

2. Saftey of treatment

[quote]Over40 wrote:

KsMan: I believe Somatostatin is the hormone that regulates GH.

Good luck…[/quote]

Somatostatin reduces GH release (brakes), GHRH increases GH release (gas). These things interplay to control the amount of IGF-1 in circulation. Higher IGF-1 leads to reduced GH secretion. IGF-1 is the major negative feedback signal. Cortisol also reduces GH secretion by acting on the Pituitary Somatotrophe (cells that secrete GH). Sex steriods increase GH. Carrying more fat reduces GH, so lower %BF will increase GH. Higher GH reduced fat. So we have an unstable situation. When you get fat, GH goes lower and that makes you fatter.

To quote AR: “Remember the negative feedback loop I always tell you about? Well, of course, your body has one which can stop the secretion of HGH, and it involves IGF. When your liver receives secretes IGF-1, it sends a message to both your Hypothalamus as well as your Pituitary to stop producing HGH.”

I would like to figure out the dose equivalents or cost effectiveness of Hexarelin, GHRP-6, IGF-1, HGH; mostly from the point if view of HRT. If GH is converted 1:1 in the liver, IGF-1/Lr3IGF-1 seems to be way too expensive.