T Nation

HGH & Fasted Cardio

I’ve read before that taking your HGH shot SQ in morning then doing cardio can really jump start fat burning for the day. My question is why would it be any different from fasted cardio in the morning, and doing the HGH shot later in the day or before bed? Doesnt HGH bump metabolism or spur protien syntasis no matter when you take it?

hGH helps you lose bodyfat by increasing the conversion of the thyroid hormone T4 to the more active T3. i believe the other fat loss mechanism is by lowering insulin levels due to the increased IGF1 levels…

based off this, one would assume that training on a fasted stomach would tap more into fat stores, and with the added hGH, burn even more fat due to reduced insulin levels.

one reason people prefer not to take it at night, is due to the fact that people produce most hGH at night (after workouts, as well)… so, avoid shooting post-workout, and pre-bed.

however, using a GHRP is different, as it would maximize production…

From my understanding - and this is a very simplified explanation - GH helps in mobilization of fatty acids from your fat cells into your bloodstream. This effect takes place within 20 minutes of the injection. Fasted cardio will burn the FFA’s in your bloodstream for energy.

In the muscle, GH stimulates protein synthesis as well as fat metabolism. GH recruits fatty acids from storage and tells the body to use fatty acids for energy.

Interestingly, as GH limits the storage of fats and mobilizes them for energy, blood sugar levels concurrently increase. In this way, GH ?spares? carbohydrates from breakdown, and the level of sugar in the blood increases. This is why long-term GH replacement may predispose one to insulin resistance.

The effects of GH on fat mobilization can begin at 20 minutes after release and last up to 3 hours.

You may wonder why intense exercise is so effective at helping you lose fat, even though it doesn?t seem like a few sets of heavy squats would burn that many calories. Many researchers credit the concomitant appearance of high concentrations of plasma fatty acids and GH that follow intense training.

GH also:
Decreases blood sugar utilization
Decreases glycogen synthesis
Increases amino acid transport into cells and protein synthesis
Increases fat breakdown and utilization
Increases collagen synthesis and cartilage growth
Increases retention of nitrogen, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus
Increases kidney flow and filtration
Enhances immune function

[quote]iammikewatts wrote:

In the muscle, GH stimulates protein synthesis as well as fat metabolism. GH recruits fatty acids from storage and tells the body to use fatty acids for energy.

Interestingly, as GH limits the storage of fats and mobilizes them for energy, blood sugar levels concurrently increase. In this way, GH ?spares? carbohydrates from breakdown, and the level of sugar in the blood increases. This is why long-term GH replacement may predispose one to insulin resistance.

The effects of GH on fat mobilization can begin at 20 minutes after release and last up to 3 hours.

You may wonder why intense exercise is so effective at helping you lose fat, even though it doesn?t seem like a few sets of heavy squats would burn that many calories. Many researchers credit the concomitant appearance of high concentrations of plasma fatty acids and GH that follow intense training.

GH also:
Decreases blood sugar utilization
Decreases glycogen synthesis
Increases amino acid transport into cells and protein synthesis
Increases fat breakdown and utilization
Increases collagen synthesis and cartilage growth
Increases retention of nitrogen, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus
Increases kidney flow and filtration
Enhances immune function[/quote]

yeah, i believe that’s the IGF1/insulin thing i explained above…

or am i way off?

Thanks bros seems like its not just rumors then… HGH & fasted cardio in the AM does jump start fat burning … I’ll keep @ it then