T Nation

HGH Dosage, Opinions Wanted

Plan to start a long course of HGH therapy. Looking to do something along the lines of 6+ months. For a dosing protocol I was looking at doing a 5 day on and 2 day off upon waking each day.

The only thing im debating is how many iu per day to run. Looking for the effects of this product to help out with joint/tendon issues as well as body composition changes. Not planning a typical 5iu a day or 10iu EOD type of regime as most would do to try to pack on added size.

This will be done with and without AAS assistance as im currently off cycle and will surely be back on again before this course completes itself.

Currently 33 yrs old, 6"1 and sitting in the mid 230s and definatly leaner than I have been at this weight in my life.

Dosing I was considering was something along the lines of 2.5iu per day.

Your opinions are appreciated.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]LillGuy001 wrote:
Plan to start a long course of HGH therapy. Looking to do something along the lines of 6+ months. For a dosing protocol I was looking at doing a 5 day on and 2 day off upon waking each day.

The only thing im debating is how many iu per day to run. Looking for the effects of this product to help out with joint/tendon issues as well as body composition changes. Not planning a typical 5iu a day or 10iu EOD type of regime as most would do to try to pack on added size.

This will be done with and without AAS assistance as im currently off cycle and will surely be back on again before this course completes itself.

Currently 33 yrs old, 6"1 and sitting in the mid 230s and definatly leaner than I have been at this weight in my life.

Dosing I was considering was something along the lines of 2.5iu per day.

Your opinions are appreciated.

[/quote]

Hey buddy,

Nice, should kick some ass for you I bet. I’m about a week out now from my surgery for the disease I got from lifting, DCO, or distal clavicle osteolysis, and I’m gonna use the gh for recovery from that in a similar way to what you’re talking about. Originally I was going to go with about 4 iu/day, 5 on/2 off, but now I’m thinking more along your lines of 2-2.5 iu/day. I think that’s better really, not to mention it will last longer, lol.

Anyway, I’m psyched for me and you both, only bummer for me right now is the fact that it looks like the disease is in both of my shoulders and the other one will have to go under the knife also after the first one is resolved. Since it’s from the weightlifting vs. hammering with one hand above the shoulder ala a construction job or something, it hit both shoulders. I think it would have happened anyway in another year or so, but when I was doing the DC it aggravated and sped the process up unfortunately.

At least I got in some pr’s busted for bench and push press before they took a shit, lol.

Sorry about the hijack there, but just wanted to let you know what’s up.

Count me in for 2.5/day also same protocol per week, long story short. :slight_smile: I gotta spread 200 iu’s into a 2 shoulder protocol it looks like.

Later bro,

ToneBone

I don’t have any personal experience until later this year. But my buddy recommends:
2.5iu for general health and well-being
4iu for fat loss
8+iu for muscle growth
Not saying this is an absolute, but seems to be the mindset that I plan on following according to what I’ve heard and seen.
How long do you plan on running?

What im really looking for is some relief to the bicep tendonitis in my shoulder that gave me issues a while back. Right now I can work around it but would rather not have to train around that issue.

A couple years back I had some pain in my left knee and after a few months of hgh (although a higher doses) the pain subsided and more or less went away. That same pain is slightly felt every now and again now. But nothing drastic as before it felt as though my knee was going to give out now and again.

The fat loss will be a plus and and added muscle gain/body comp changes will just be an added bonus.

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
I don’t have any personal experience until later this year. But my buddy recommends:
2.5iu for general health and well-being
4iu for fat loss
8+iu for muscle growth
[/quote]

Tolerance varies.

For example, I got severe pain from pinched nerves in the joints from just a quite short time at 4 IU/day, while I have been able to tolerate 2 IU/day without problem.

It’s not unusual actually to run into problems going much above 2 IU/day. (Two point five is not much above.)

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Tolerance varies.

For example, I got severe pain from pinched nerves in the joints from just a quite short time at 4 IU/day, while I have been able to tolerate 2 IU/day without problem.

It’s not unusual actually to run into problems going much above 2 IU/day. (Two point five is not much above.)[/quote]

Thanks for the insite, I’ll take that into consideration. Do the negative sides present themselves rather quickly and also subside rather quickly with dose changes, or is it something that takes awhile to dial in?

I have a friend who is currently running a 6 month cycle, he started at 2iu a day and your planned protocol, ramped up to 4iu, then 6iu. I know he said at 6iu his hands and joints started hurting a little and his hands were numb and felt swollen. He said at 4iu it was just about right and he is currently on that dose, about 3 months in.

He is taking it to help rehab from back surgery.

5 days on/ 2 off shot 2x daily (4iu daily would be 2iu 2x per day, once in the a.m. and the other 6 hrs later)

hope this might be of some help.

Also I’ll add that the guy is a respected weight lifter around here and is known for being one of the “knowledgeable fellows to go to” regaurding drug use. lol

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I have a friend who is currently running a 6 month cycle, he started at 2iu a day and your planned protocol, ramped up to 4iu, then 6iu. I know he said at 6iu his hands and joints started hurting a little and his hands were numb and felt swollen. He said at 4iu it was just about right and he is currently on that dose, about 3 months in.

He is taking it to help rehab from back surgery.

5 days on/ 2 off shot 2x daily (4iu daily would be 2iu 2x per day, once in the a.m. and the other 6 hrs later)

hope this might be of some help.

Also I’ll add that the guy is a respected weight lifter around here and is known for being one of the “knowledgeable fellows to go to” regaurding drug use. lol

DG[/quote]

Ha, haaa! Yeah that’s good info DG. Why the secrecy on this fellow? I’ve read a lot of cases where guys feel that soreness in the joints and all from 4iu on up. That and the fact that I might not be able to get more later, is the reason I’m probably going to go with 2-2.5 iu/day. That’s still a load more than what I’m producing naturally and I’m mainly after recovery assistance and collagen synth so why not.

Good stuff, nice hearing Bill’s take on this which pretty much reasserted what I had been reading.

ToneBone

[quote]TheBeat2 wrote:
Bill Roberts wrote:
Tolerance varies.

For example, I got severe pain from pinched nerves in the joints from just a quite short time at 4 IU/day, while I have been able to tolerate 2 IU/day without problem.

It’s not unusual actually to run into problems going much above 2 IU/day. (Two point five is not much above.)

Thanks for the insite, I’ll take that into consideration. Do the negative sides present themselves rather quickly and also subside rather quickly with dose changes, or is it something that takes awhile to dial in?
[/quote]

I really don’t remember how fast the problem struck. It was within weeks, that much is certain, but whether it was just a couple of weeks or more like five or six, I can’t recall.

It took many months for the pain to go away, not using GH at all during that time. Again I don’t remember the exact duration but give or take it was about 3 months where for example sleeping was interfered with because of considerable joint pain.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I have a friend who is currently running a 6 month cycle, he started at 2iu a day and your planned protocol, ramped up to 4iu, then 6iu. I know he said at 6iu his hands and joints started hurting a little and his hands were numb and felt swollen. He said at 4iu it was just about right and he is currently on that dose, about 3 months in.

He is taking it to help rehab from back surgery.

5 days on/ 2 off shot 2x daily (4iu daily would be 2iu 2x per day, once in the a.m. and the other 6 hrs later)

hope this might be of some help.

Also I’ll add that the guy is a respected weight lifter around here and is known for being one of the “knowledgeable fellows to go to” regaurding drug use. lol

DG

Ha, haaa! Yeah that’s good info DG. Why the secrecy on this fellow? I’ve read a lot of cases where guys feel that soreness in the joints and all from 4iu on up. That and the fact that I might not be able to get more later, is the reason I’m probably going to go with 2-2.5 iu/day. That’s still a load more than what I’m producing naturally and I’m mainly after recovery assistance and collagen synth so why not.

Good stuff, nice hearing Bill’s take on this which pretty much reasserted what I had been reading.

ToneBone
[/quote]

lol no secrecy dood. He is just a friend. He isn’t on tnation. lol If it was me I’d straight up tell ya. My HGH is long gone tho. Had to sell it to pay some stuff off. lol GHRP-6 on the other hand is in the works for myself. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

DG

When I ran HGH previously I ran it at 5iu ED for close to 3 months. No joint pain at all to speak of. Also ran some humalog through that period of time as well. It was when I reached my all time high weight of 269lbs while still being able to fit into a size 36" waist jeans.

I was very happy with the size at that point in time however felt like a bag of crap going up 1 or more flights of stairs.

I would likely bring the dosage up, however cost is still an issue at this point unless this next planned source comes through in the not too distant future. It has for a fellow t nation member, however he is south of the border.