HFT - Experiment May

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:
Day 4: 10 reps

are you going to failure everyday ?[/quote]

Hell yeahp ! I try to get as many reps as possible but its not that easy anymore, speciially 6 hours after hitting the hams… 325lb x 7 reps (I know its not a lot but its a new record for me) I just wanted to get my shake and sleep till the other day !

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
It shouldn’t have to even be said, but…

…make sure you are eating enough to grow.[/quote]

Thanks bro !

Im keeping my cals up… 3,300 - 3, 500 (At least 250gr of protein)

[quote]TEKEN wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:

are you going to failure everyday ?

Hell yeahp ! I try to get as many reps as possible but its not that easy anymore, speciially 6 hours after hitting the hams… 325lb x 7 reps (I know its not a lot but its a new record for me) I just wanted to get my shake and sleep till the other day ! [/quote]

you read much of Chad’s stuff ?

You do not want to be going to failure with this style of training.

You will either stall or start to regress if you train the the same exercise to failure everyday.

I suggest stopping short of failure.

[quote]TEKEN wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

…make sure you are eating enough to grow.

Thanks bro !

Im keeping my cals up… 3,300 - 3, 500 (At least 250gr of protein) [/quote]

That sounds pretty good based on your stats. Just remember to keep tabs on your progress, and if your weight isn’t consistently and steadily increasing, bump it up a bit.

Good luck dude I’ll be following along.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:

Hell yeahp ! I try to get as many reps as possible but its not that easy anymore, speciially 6 hours after hitting the hams… 325lb x 7 reps (I know its not a lot but its a new record for me) I just wanted to get my shake and sleep till the other day !

You will either stall or start to regress if you train the the same exercise to failure everyday.

I suggest stopping short of failure.[/quote]

Well actually I´m a Poliquin / Thibaudeau kind of reader… this is the first time I´m trying Chad´s stuff. He mentioned that you should stop when you are losing perfect form so when my back is trying to ´´curl´´ the weight up I just call it a day !

Do you have any tips ? Cause every day it gets harder, it´s not like I arrive trying to do x number of reps I just go with all have and the number that results well … thats it hehe.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
TEKEN wrote:
NewDamage wrote:

…make sure you are eating enough to grow.

Thanks bro !

Im keeping my cals up… 3,300 - 3, 500 (At least 250gr of protein)

That sounds pretty good based on your stats. Just remember to keep tabs on your progress, and if your weight isn’t consistently and steadily increasing, bump it up a bit.

Good luck dude I’ll be following along.[/quote]

Any tip or critique will be well appreciated.

I´ll keep you posted !

Day 5: 10 reps

Day 6: 11 reps

I need to get to 12 reps !

[quote]TEKEN wrote:

I need to get to 12 reps ![/quote]

I got a nice psychological tip from Poliquin. Start at 12 reps and count backwards. It makes you think about how many reps you have left, not how many you’ve done. It kinda gives you a mental boost and you’re more likely to get 12 reps.

[quote]forbes wrote:
TEKEN wrote:

I need to get to 12 reps !

I got a nice psychological tip from Poliquin. Start at 12 reps and count backwards. It makes you think about how many reps you have left, not how many you’ve done. It kinda gives you a mental boost and you’re more likely to get 12 reps.[/quote]

Sounds great ! Let´s see if it works today… it will be the end of week 1.

[quote]TEKEN wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
TEKEN wrote:

I suggest stopping short of failure.

Well actually I´m a Poliquin / Thibaudeau kind of reader… this is the first time I´m trying Chad´s stuff. He mentioned that you should stop when you are losing perfect form so when my back is trying to ´´curl´´ the weight up I just call it a day !

Do you have any tips ? Cause every day it gets harder, it´s not like I arrive trying to do x number of reps I just go with all have and the number that results well … thats it hehe.
[/quote]

T-Nation Member
Great article! One question for you, Chad: In Huge In A Hurry (and in your recent articles) you make it clear to stop a set at the point at which rep speed slows significantly or ROM gets shorter. Does that also apply in this case, when you say to do as many reps as possible?

Thanks!

CW
That does not apply here since you’re only doing one set.

Go until you can’t do another perfect rep.

From the article discussion on HFT - thought it might be helpful.

I was able to do 12 reps today. Thanks forbes it worked ! Instead of thinking I can´t go for one more rep I was thinking I´m just missing one more !

I don´t have to go to failure to know when I can´t complete another rep… most of the time when the last rep takes like 5 seconds on the concentric part of the movement I know the next one is not going anywhere :P.

Tomorrow I´ll post the results for week one.

Results are:

176 lb (+1)
Arms 15.37 (+ 1/8 inch)
Body Fat: 12% (No change)
Reps: 12 (+3)

Day 7: 12 reps
Day 8: 12 reps

Day 9: 12 reps
Day 10: 12 reps
Day 11: 13 reps

did you forget about this??

he got layed off.

son of a bitch

Sorry kids I actually did it for 2 weeks 14 days 15 reps. 15.5 inch Same bodyweight.
It works no doubt about it ! But it was hurting my wrists as it is not a real bar its not optimal for this type of exercise.

Sorry I didnt keep posting.

my bad man