T Nation

HFSW and Foundation Work in 2 Sessions?

Laptop is busted so can’t post in the livespill have to post off my phone. I just finished a the hypertrophy phase and did the HFSW before the foundation work and didn’t really have any issues. But I’m starting the strength phase and wanted.to know if it would be recommended to split the workouts with the HFSW done at one time and the foundation work done at another?

I believe CT is a big fan of training segmentation. Give it a try and see if you like it.

[quote]Rush88 wrote:
Laptop is busted so can’t post in the livespill have to post off my phone. I just finished a the hypertrophy phase and did the HFSW before the foundation work and didn’t really have any issues. But I’m starting the strength phase and wanted.to know if it would be recommended to split the workouts with the HFSW done at one time and the foundation work done at another?[/quote]

This would be the ideal if you split the workout:

HFSW + Foundation Work = Session 1
Structural Work = Session 2

EDIT: But really doing the work is better than not doing it, so if you need to split the foundation work and HFSW due to time constraints, that would be acceptable.

I figured the ideal would be to split it. I’ve been doing the HFSW in the mornings by itself with some conditioning work after if I have time. Then the foundation and structural work in the afternoons. I’m liking that a lot so far, with my initial post I was looking to see if people had done the strength phase and found doing everything at once “too much”.

I did that with the hypertrophy phase and didn’t really feel like it hurt. I’m also trying to do the strength phase with as much frequency as possible, basically taking rest days if needed. I have like 50 something days till I change duty stations and go on deployment and I’m trying to get in as much quality work as possible.