HFCS: You Can Eat It!

[quote]orion wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
while HFCS seems to be the whipping boy de jour of the nutrition world, i think it’s appropriate to point out that HFCS is no more fattening than any other carbohydrate source. and yes, it IS fine in moderation.

here’s a great article about HFCS and obesity:

bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/straight-
talk-about-high-fructose-corn-syrup-
what-it-is-and-what-it-aint-research-review.html

What exactly is “moderation” when it comes to HFCS?
What about the fact that it is in pretty much everything? Does this make the statement “HFCS is fine in moderation” disingenuous?

I don’t know myself, i’m asking.

It is fine in moderation.

Eat as many apples as you like.[/quote]

“An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if the dotors cute fuck the fruit”

[quote]sgraas89 wrote:
IronAbrams wrote:
Sugar is sugar is sugar.

Not exactly, while it might still have the same molecular formula: C6H12O6 (sry, cant do subscripts on the message), there are different isomers of this compound and your body responds to them in different ways. Your body is much more efficient at breaking down glucose than it is fructose and will generally respond much better if you give it the former rather than the latter. So please, stick to regular sugar, not that HFCS shit.[/quote]

Table sugar and most formulations of HFCS are almost exactly 50/50 glucose and fructose. Neither are good, nor do either of them deserve to get singled out- they’re both unwanted.

Oatmeal is the way to go

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
“moderation” means don’t be an idiot. eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods, but if you eat some bread or snack food with some HFCS in it, understand that it won’t ruin your physique any more than an equal amount of sugar in any other form.

to those who are worried about the leptin resistance thing, from what i recall those studies were performed on mice (read: not directly applicable to humans) and HFCS comprised ~60% of their daily caloric intake. so those studies mean jack shit to us.[/quote]

I do eat those foods. I was referring to the ad’s message as seen by the general population, which usually eat mostly crap foods, which all seem to have HFCS.