Hey There Delilah

They play this song at my gym. Worst song for lifting ever! I stumbled across this version and it made me laugh. Enjoy!

I think it’s a cool song, but yeah, not something for the weight room. I have to disagree with this song being the worst for lifting, because there’s at least one that’s much worse.

Imagine setting up for a PR lift when all of a sudden, “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” starts blaring on the gym stereo. That happened to me at my gym a couple months ago, and I could feel the testosterone get sucked out of me.

theres a good one at collegehumor “Hey there Vagina” its pretty funny, i like this one though haha.

Obviously you’re gym hasn’t “Like a virgin” from Madonna on its list, or great Céline Dion’s song…

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I think it’s a cool song, but yeah, not something for the weight room. I have to disagree with this song being the worst for lifting, because there’s at least one that’s much worse.

Imagine setting up for a PR lift when all of a sudden, “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” starts blaring on the gym stereo. That happened to me at my gym a couple months ago, and I could feel the testosterone get sucked out of me.[/quote]

So breakfast at Tiffany’s suck the T right out of you, but a song whose lyrics say: I’d fuck your little brother shitless doesn’t? Please explain

This song, coupled with all the other top 20 BillBoard shit out there given mainstream play is why I stopped listening to “corporate radio” years ago.

Also, I’m pretty sick of hearing AC/DC (the most overplayed “Classic Rock” band ever!) at the gym, anybody else?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

Also, I’m pretty sick of hearing AC/DC (the most overplayed “Classic Rock” band ever!) at the gym, anybody else?[/quote]

Never.

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Obviously you’re gym hasn’t “Like a virgin” from Madonna on its list, or great Céline Dion’s song…

[/quote]

Just ignore the lyrics and go with the beat. Thats what I do.

Some of the best workouts I get are with ear plugs, no noise at all. Talk about being able to focus great.

Get some plugs and you will truly feel the zen. Numero uno reason to train in your garage. But with plug you don’t even hear the sound of your own breathing its mad trippy.

-chris

I was training at a gym several years ago when R. Kelly, “I don’t see nothin’ wrong with a little bump n grind” started playing. I turned to a rather muscular dude next to me and said, “Hey Man, you wanna dance?” He was rather stumped and simply said, “What?” I said, “Well, judging from the song they’re playing, I think that’s what they want us to do!”

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Imagine setting up for a PR lift when all of a sudden, “Breakfast At Tiffany’s” starts blaring on the gym stereo. That happened to me at my gym a couple months ago, and I could feel the testosterone get sucked out of me.

So breakfast at Tiffany’s suck the T right out of you, but a song whose lyrics say: I’d fuck your little brother shitless doesn’t? Please explain
[/quote]

While I agreed that this Delilah song was not fit for the weight room, I made an argument for a song that could challenge it for the title of “Worst Gym Song”. The argument of what songs just plain suck for all situations was not brought up.

The play Pink Floyd at my gym.
Now, psychedelic rock is cool and all, but not while lifting, dammit.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

While I agreed that this Delilah song was not fit for the weight room, I made an argument for a song that could challenge it for the title of “Worst Gym Song”. The argument of what songs just plain suck for all situations was not brought up.

[/quote]

How about “My Humps” or “Fergalicious” as worst gym song ever?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

How about “My Humps” or “Fergalicious” as worst gym song ever?

[/quote]

While lifting I’ve heard a Britney Spears club mix that’s way worse than either of those. Besides, Fergie songs are ok because you can visualize Fergie while they’re playing.