Hey TC, the further gelding of the american male

Kathleen Parker, of the Orlando Sentinel, writes in her editorial today of a recent rape conviction, upheld by the California Supreme Court. She writes of a 17 year old boy in California, who was entered into consensual sex with a girl. During the act of intercourse she stated “I really need to go home”, and testified this was intended as a withdrawal of consent. Defendants own withdrawal followed about 90 seconds later. She confirmed she entered into the act consensually. Kay concludes “I hate to be the one to break it to you, fellas, but the gelding of the american male is nearly complete and the message is clear: You can do nothing right. As a friend’s world weary 15 year old son correctly summarized the Zeitgeist: “Women good, men bad”. John Z. wasn’t guilty of rape, he was guilty of being a male. If I were a guy, I’d find another country.”

Take that and run with it guys, if you want.

I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of a woman/girl/jury more deserving of a good bitch slapping. Times like these I feel disgrace and embarassment being a woman.

I’ve always been a huge supporter of this country, but I’m just getting sick of the bullshit. Men are wrong and “big brother” tells us exactly what we can and can’t do.

I wonder how much of this can be blamed solely on the fact that it occurred in California.

Why doogie? California’s one of the most conserative, God-fearing, righteous people living states in the country :slight_smile:

Saying ‘no’ at the last minute is one thing, but stating something that vague in the middle of the act is beyond stupid. Blame this one on the lawyers who tried it and the judge who didn’t throw it out.

I like America a lot too…but as I’ve said before, there ARE other countries out there. And I can tell you - speaking as a guy, and moreover a guy who runs a business - that things are exponentially more pleasant when you don’t have to deal with this kind of bullshit.

The problem with this is that it occurred in Kalifornia. I wonder if the kid will win on appeal though…

Completely agree. It's as if everybody was steadfast into turning males into f***ing eunuchs. This is the way we're wired - live with it.

Thanks for the heads up on this, tinman. You might have given me this week’s A-dog topic.