1 Axle Deadlift @ 345lbs
1 Burpee Pull-Up
2 Axle Deadlifts
2 Burpee Pull-Ups
3 Axle Deadlifts
3 Burpee Pull-Ups
4 Axle Deadlifts
4 Burpee Pull-Ups
…Continue to Add Reps until time expires.

I was able to get to round 7. Completed 7 x DL @ 345lbs then 7 x Burpee pullups. DLs were done squat stance, mixed grip. Bar wanted to travel a bit, but I moved my hands out a tad (closer to my knees) and it felt like I at least had a bit more control. Tough to start a set of DLs when you can’t catch your breath from the burpees. Good conditioning to start the workout. Lower back pump.

STRENGTH GIANT SET - 4 Rounds
8 Farmer’s Handle Deadlifts @ 225lbs Each Hand
8 Barbell Bent Over Rows @ 225lbs x 5 (right shoulder felt funny so I dropped the weight), 185 x 8 x 3
:30 Second Static “L” Sits @ LOL not a chance. I did 3-4 5second holds with short rests for 1 set.

Farmer’s Handle Dead: So the weight at my sides wanting to drift inwards forced a constant knee caving which I was a little nervous of. The weight wasn’t too bad to lift (my homemade handles are likely higher than a competition set of implements). Upper back, grip and core were getting worked hard here.
BB Bent Over Row: Started with 225lbs. My right rear delt has been a little angry with me in the latter half of this week and it showed during my first set of these. I capped the set short, and lowered the weight. Remaining sets at 185 felt good, and I focused on MMC.
Static “L” Sits: HUMBLED. I wasn’t sure I was even going to get in this position let alone hold it. I was able to hold it for very short bursts (5s) so I did a few short holds to count as one set. Random movements like this make me realize how much of a one-dimensional lifter I was. Strongman is continuing to exploit my weaknesses. This may be a type of training I use long term just for overall strength/coordination.

Does anyone else do these? I clearly suck at them.

Skipped the strongman work. Back was fatigued, shoulder wasn’t happy, and grip was shot. About to jump in the car for 4hrs to head to the in-laws for the weekend, so I decided to play it safe and skip this work today. Not happy about it, but likely for the best.
STRONGMAN - Get as Heavy As Possible in 12 Minutes
Axle Continental Clean to a Front Squat to a Split Jerk
Add Weight Every Attempt until you are no longer able to

6 Likes

04/15/2017

Last night I avoided alcohol and chips all night which are endless when staying with my in-laws.

I was able to sneak away and slip in a quick workout at a little private gym up the road. They had a set of DB’s up to 100lbs.

Giant Set
100lb DB - 10 DB Bench, 10 DB Rows, 10 Side Bends
90lb DB - 10 DB Bench, 10 DB Rows, 10 Side Bends

Ate like a King this morning. Avoided the cinnamon buns, toast, and biscuits but had 6 eggs and well over a pound of peameal bacon. Also had an avocado and some fruit. 2 scoops of protein post workout.

3 Likes

Congrats to you for staying strong. I had 4 sugar cookies and 20 mini Whopper eggs (2/3 of a serving). That’s knocking on the door of 800 calories… After my Chipotle burrito.

4 Likes

4 whole eggs, mozza cheese, spinach, turmeric sriracha and one avocado.

6 Likes

BOOM! Pretty pumped about this. Got hit with an additional $62 charge upon delivery, but I’m looking forward to giving this stuff a whirl!
Well I was supposed to be holding out with no direct carbs until May, but I think I NEED to try the Plazma. May start with 1 scoop of Plazma (1/2 pre, 1/2 intra) for the next two weeks then start adding the Finibars in May and back to having some oats in the morning etc. This will hopefully be better than just reintroducing all my carbs back into my diet come May. Will start reducing my fat intake slowly and shifting my carb macros a bit higher.

5 Likes

04/17/2017

1/2 scoop Plazma during my Conditioning
1/2 Plazma sipped throughout remainder of workout

Wave 2/Week 1/Day 1 - Monday
Wave 2/Week 1/Day 1 - Monday

CONDTIONING - 6 Rounds
10 each arm - Sledgehammer Swings (12lb Sledge)
10 x Thrusters with 35lb Water Jug
10 x Burpees
:30 Seconds Rest

Sipped 500ml of Plazma during this conditioning.

STRENGTH GIANT SET - 5 Rounds
2 Squats @ 445lbs
10 x Back Extensions with 25lb Plate
100 Foot 50lb DB Waiter’s Walk (Each Arm)

Squats felt heavy, back extensions provided a big ol lower back pump and waiter’s walks were easy at this weight. I was going to use 70lb DB but I thought that would be too heavy…next time.

STRONGMAN EVENTS - 5 Rounds With a Partner
5 x atlas stone lifts @ 145lbs
5 x atlas stone lifts @ 175lbs
5 x atlas stone lifts @ 175lbs

Lower back was pumped pretty good and was still a little fatigued going into this workout so I stopped it here.

BONUS PLAZMA INDUCED SET
50reps @ 45lb empty barbell curls
50reps @ 45lb empty barbell curls (~30 of this set were cheat curls)

#Plazma: First Impressions
Taste/Flavour: I tested out the lime today, and was quite please with it. I followed the recommended mixture of 1000ml of water with 1 scoop of Plazma with 1/2 TSP of flavour.

Performance: I think I should have consumed 1/2 of shake prior to the conditioning. I really didn’t notice a difference until about 1/2 way into my workout when I seemed to get a second wind. This is typically the point where I start dragging my ass a bit, and just going through the motions to get the work in. My sets seemed to get better as the workout went on, and my energy levels seemed to increase. I’ve also been really low carb for nearly a month, so this could be just the reintroduction of fast digesting carbs, but I’m happy with the quality of that workout. I’m looking forward to testing it out with some of the more grueling workouts, as this one wasn’t overly high volume compared to a few that I’ve endured over the last few weeks.

2 Likes

Little weight update:

Scale weight hasn’t really moved in ~3weeks now. Been stuck between 203.5 - 205.5lbs.
Yesterday I woke up at 204.4lbs and this morning I was 205.2lbs. Carbs were around 100g yesterday with the introduction of Plazma, compared to my <60g the last few weeks. I’m pleased with the transformation I’ve made in my physique over the course of this challenge despite not a ton of movement on the scale. While I know I still have some fat to lose, I would be satisfied if I could get under 200lbs and hold it there for a few weeks. I have not reached a non-maintainable level of leanness yet which is keeping me motivated to dig a little deeper for the remaining ~6 weeks.

Nutrition Plan Going Forward:
Week of April 17 & April 24:
Workout Days (5 days/week)
Cals ~2300
Carbs ~100g
Protein ~200g
Fat ~120g
Rest Days (2days/week)
Cals ~2100
Carbs ~50g
Protein ~200g
Fat ~120g

Week of May 1 & May 8:
Workout Days (5 days/week)
Cals ~2200
Carbs ~125g
Protein ~200g
Fat ~100g
Rest Days (2days/week)
Cals ~2000
Carbs ~50g
Protein ~220g
Fat ~100g

May 22 - 25:
Workout Days
Cals ~2200
Carbs ~150g
Protein ~200g
Fat ~90g
Rest Days
Cals ~1900
Carbs ~50g
Protein ~200g
Fat ~100g

START PEAK WEEK PROTOCOL - Friday, May 26th
I’ll be stealing the protocol used by the ‘wolf pack’.

EVERY DAY MINIMUM 1GAL OF WATER!

Friday - Tuesday (5 days) - Keto with 3 x pump/depletion workouts, reducing/cutting leg training and no additional cardio.

Wednesday - 350g Carbs, upper body pump workout.

Thursday Morning - small amount of protein + moderate amount of fast digesting carbs. Little pump up, and take after pics.

5 Likes

Good! It works! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m being lazy and not reading all of the details of your plan but how does it compare to this article?

I’m not doing the challenge but I might try this sometime just for the hell if it.

1 Like

I’m too lazy to compare my plan to the article!

But here are some comments from Stu on the article vs this type of Peak Week.

1 Like

Wave 2/ Week 1/ Day 2 - Tuesday

1/2 scoop Plazma 15mins pre-workout
1/2 scoop Plazma sipped throughout workout

CONDITIONING - Get as Far As You can in 12 Minutes
2 Neutral Grip Chinup
2 Handstand Push-Ups
20 Jump Rope

3 Neutral Grip Chinup
3 Handstand Push-Ups
30 Jump Rope

4 Neutral Grip Chinup
4 Handstand Push-Ups
40 Jump Rope

5 Neutral Grip Chinup
5 Handstand Push-Ups
50 Jump Rope

6 Neutral Grip Chinup
6 Handstand Push-Ups
60 Jump Rope

7 Neutral Grip Chinup
7 Handstand Push-Ups
70 Jump Rope

8 Neutral Grip Chinup

Nice little start to the workout.

STRONGMAN EVENTS - 8 Rounds, All Exercises should be performed as heavy as possible
5 Log Incline Bench Presses @ 245lbs 1st round and 225lbs for rounds 2-8
50 Foot Zercher Yoke Carry @ 225lbs
50 Foot Keg Carry @ 135lbs

The first round of the log press felt funny on my wrist, so I dropped the weight to 225lbs. I likely wouldn’t have gotten all 8 rounds at 245lbs anyways.
Zercher carry wasn’t too bad at this weight. I used my homemade chain yoke, so the swinging of the weight still made me make swift, fluid steps or I would get tossed side to side pretty good.
This keg weight is becoming very light for me. I’m pretty much running with it. Going to add some more water to this and bring it up in weight. I’m becoming more comfortable holding weight out in front of me while moving, which I wasn’t very proficient at just a couple months ago.

Tried the lemon flavoured Plazma today. Not bad, but I like the lime better. Next time I’ll try the two mixed together. I had no issues with sustained energy throughout the workout today, again, wasn’t a crazy long one by any means…just an observation.

5 Likes

I made some cauliflower pizza tonight. Turned out great!

Dessert was protein mug cake!

7 Likes

How was the pizza? I made parmesean crust pizza a couple nights ago… it almost made me feel like I was eating normal again. Haha

1 Like

It turned out awesome actually. I’ve made it once before and it didn’t hold together nearly as well. I added a couple TSP of flax seed and that seemed to help keep the mixture a little more dry. I also cooked it on a perforated pizza pan which likely helped.

When I go on these little diets, so does my wife since I’m the cook so she was very happy with last night’s dinner! Anything other than chicken and broccoli and she is happy lol

5 Likes

My peak week was different. No cutting water ever. I drank tons of water all week. It was keto diet Sunday to Thursday with three depletion workouts. Friday was pump workout for weak bodypart with carb up. Show day more carbing up all day. Keep in mind I went onstage seven times!!! Lol.

2 Likes

There’s theories and there’s experience. There’s also personal tweaks that work for each individual. I would still prefer to follow someone with experience over a theory. If I decide to go off the deep end and truly cut just for the hell of it then I will read up the details on your post. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yum! Both look great! :heart_eyes:
What’s your crust recipe?

Thanks! I actually just Googled “cauliflower crust pizza” (because I was too lazy to search through T-Nation on my phone for the recipe that is on here) and used the recipe from the top link which was from Food Network.

The one thing I learned when making this the last time was to really make sure you squeeze the water out of the cauliflower mash. I put it in a hand towel and squeeze as much water out of it as I can.
I also added a ~4TSP of flax seeds to help the mixture dry up a bit. But the crust held up very well and we didn’t have to eat it with a fork and knife (which I anticipated we would).

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks. Keep in mind I’ve only done this once though.