Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Can only vouch for the Plazma, have been using it pretty much stand alone (at times I’ll have a generic pre workout with it when I find a screamin deal) for the last good bit (can’t remember exactly) but I definitely feel that it has contributed to my recovery and ability to handle the volume that I do. It is pricey for sure, but no other intra that I’ve found has the same stuff, and believe me…I’ve looked.

Edit: I genuinely dislike plugging anything and rarely even recommend stuff to friends that ask me directly as I have wasted so much money on stupid supps in the past, but I do feel that if you’re lookin for that little extra push in your workout that it is gonna give it to you (game changer as far as early morning work outs for me!) Also flavoring, the sweet spot I have found is one capful (slightly less) per 1000mL of liquid, lemon being the best so far.

2 Likes

I use a 20lb all metal roller. Hurts like hell, but feels so good after lol. Calves are the worst!

@Frank_C - Ah, that looks like it sucks. Mine is just a dense foam roller with no little knobby things, so likely a little more gentle.

@robstein - exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks! Also, just curious, do you follow the recommended dosages for each supplement? Ex. 2 servings of Plazma for workout (not during your cut), 6 capsules of the Micro-PA (this supp might be a tough sell for me with only 20 servings for $65 - but if I see success using Plazma, this could very well be my next step.)

@Despade - Thanks for the affirmation, I stress about spending money, but knowing it is going towards quality products lets me sleep at night…and hopefully the Z-12 and ZMA will too! Also, when you said one capful per 1000ml, that is one serving I’m assuming?

@isdatnutty - 20lb all metal roller??? That sounds like a torture device…

Thanks guys!

Not sure honestly, I just use the black cap that comes on the bottle haha

Edit: I’m also pretty cheap about supps now and I was a hard sell on 20 servings for 70 bucks on Plazma, but I do a half scoop pre, and a half scoop during (rather than a half and a full, respectively) to help cut down use, and I still would recommend it.

1 Like

@littlesleeper It’s called the boomstick from kabuki strength. 22lbs of pure metal. If you really wanna get savage there’s the following:

There is the 44lb version (which works awesome when rolling it on top of your quads)

And then there’s my favorite which is over 100lbs (friend had it at his gym in Seattle) the X-WIFE!

I don’t know if foam rollers work, but these ones work REALLY well.

2 Likes

@JFG - If I’m not mistaken you are from Canada and order from Biotest?

I got this disclaimer at checkout and then saw on the Biotest forums that someone got their shipment seized the the US/CAN border:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SHIPMENTS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES

The various import laws affecting shipments to destinations outside the United States are subject to continual change. As a result, your order could be detained or seized by your local Customs office. Therefore, please be advised that this order will be shipped to you at your own risk.

If your order is seized by Customs for any reason, you will not be refunded for your purchase. In the event that Customs returns the shipment to us intact, we will credit the cost of the product, but shipping charges will not be refunded. Furthermore, it will be necessary to bill your credit card for the additional cost of the return shipment.

FedEx shipments to some remote addresses may incur an additional shipping charge of $22.00 at a later date due to extended delivery location. We recommend contacting FedEx directly, at www.FedEx com, if you are in doubt as to whether this will apply to your delivery address.

This made me a little bit nervous as I don’t exactly have the $600 to burn right now…

To your knowledge are any of the supplements banned, or might have trouble crossing the border? Maybe my first order I will dial back a bit to an amount that I wouldn’t cry over if it was seized.

So close!

-Micro-PA - Yeah, 6 pills an hour before training on training days.
-Plazma - When I take Plazma during the off season, it depends on the day. Plazma carbs/cals still need to be factored in to daily totals, and I always prefer to eat some pre workout carbs in addition to Plazma. So, I’ll usually have a Finibar pre workout, plus 1 serving of Plazma during training (starting to sip on the way to the gym), totaling 80g carbs which is more than enough for fuel and recovery. Big muscle group days I’ll do a Finibar and 2 scoops Plazma, or 2 Finibars and 1 scoop Plazma. I’m also 5’4" and 140lbs, so if you wanted to load up on more Plazma you totally could, but I found the Finibar and Plazma combo to be perfect for me and allow me to stretch the Plazma bag a little longer. Once I started using it I really became dependent on it and never want to train without it, I’m looking forward to getting it back in my regimen when I’m done prepping!

1 Like

Biotset sells their products on Amazon. Not sure if that helps you up there.

@isdatnutty - I’v been debating getting one. I spend so much time on the foam roller that I end up permanently warping them with my weight. I also live 45 minutes from ‘The Lab’, so it’s not that big of a deal to drop by there.

1 Like

Unfortunately none of their items on Amazon ship to Canada. :disapproval:

Clearly it’s because protein has steroids in it.

As we all well know.

We wouldn’t want any roided out canooks. Remember Louis Cyr? He was bad enough without roids.

2 Likes

I just checked and Biotest pretty rarely has issues with shipping stuff up North. Like you can imagine, there’s a bunch of people here from Canada and plenty do place orders. You guys would probably hold a very polite, Tim Hortons-fueled riot if shipments were regularly getting turned away.

Still, it’s probably best to check with your local customs office ahead of time to see if they can fill you in with specifics about import restrictions. Customs regulations can change in different countries worldwide, so it’s not something Biotest can always stay on top of.

Also, as a heads up, you can use promo code CanadaVIP for a 20% discount on shipments up to Canada, no minimum and unlimited repeated use. So keep that in your back pocket any time you order stuff. That code should also work for any of our Canadian brothers and sisters. Not bad, eh?

2 Likes

Haha! Probably not a bad idea to call ahead and ask some questions ahead of time.

I’m not taking anything out of my shopping cart yet. Just have a little work to do before hitting that ‘confirm purchase’ button!

Thanks Chris.

Holy hell! That’s about what I’ll be spending on my 1/4 beef this month.

Mostly due to financial reasons I don’t buy many supplements. Our regulars are protein, creatine, beta alanine, BCAAs, and pre-workout. I’ve actually found that BCAAs+creatine+beta alanine is as good as any pre-workout. A protein shake and banana on an empty stomach works well too.

1 Like

Haha, ya tough pill to swallow all at once. That was 16lbs of protein powder + sleep aids + greens supps + fish oil + protein bars ++
Even for the cheap shit I’m getting I’d be around $350 if not more.

I’ve definitely reaped more than $200 worth of information/value out of this site so I’m happy to try their products and I really hope I notice a difference!

I run a similar setup for supps as you and I also like my pre-workout banana! We were planning a big trip this summer, but due to work and other commitments we have to put it off unfortunately. This leaves me with some extra funds I’ve been saving that is now burning a hole in my pocket lol

1 Like

I’ve never thought of it that way but it’s a great point…and probably why they have guys like Jim and CT available on the forum. I’m sure they compensate them to reply to our questions. All of their articles have Biotest supplement protocols so I’m sure they view all of this as one big marketing expense.

That sucks! Best vacation I’ve had recently (maybe ever) was our baby moon–a week in Cancun at an all-inclusive resort. We stayed at an active resort that had daily sports and even a fitness center. I actually trained a little on vacation but it wasn’t enough to hold off the endless booze and food.

Here we are five years later with a 4 year old girl and 10 month old boy. We definitely want to go back someday…preferably without the kids but my wife is pretty attached to them lol

2 Likes

Holy shit!!! :open_mouth: Do you really feel that you get that much out of supps?! I don’t have that much of a clue about supplements, I take some creatine, zinc and protein. If I had that kind of money to spend I would just expand my home gym.

Unrelated to the above but: I have recently found that going into the sauna (infra red cabin in my case) right before bed helps a ton. If you have access to one or something similar you should try that out. Sometimes a few whiskeys do a great job. At least of letting you fall asleep faster. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Plazma is absolutely worth it. I use one scoop per lower body day, and it’s plenty (that’s just a cost thing, I’d use it every training day otherwise. Nothing to do with Biotest pricing at all especially now I got a shipping address in the US, just the exchange rate). I haven’t tried the other products, but I suspect they’re every bit as good.

1 Like

I@littlesleeper. I’ve never had a problem.

I’ve ordered Anaconda, Mag-10, SWF, Plazma, Hot-Rox, ZMA, Z-12, MD, Creatine, and probably a few items more.

I’ve lived in BC and AB.

Just make sure you order a few months or more at a time. With our code, damn Canadian dollar (I also do Forex, that’s my balance) and duty, it is still worth it, IMO.

In all honesty, it’s all about prioritizing. Plazma, as many tubs as you can afford. I love Finibars and Mag-10. The rest, well, if extra money is there. I would live on Brain Candy, but unfortunately…

2 Likes

That’s a lot of groans in one post.

At least, our PM is good looking :slight_smile:

Just in case you need more input, I’ve tried the grape & berry infusers and I love the berry. My favorite flavor MD is hands down Chocolate. :grimacing:

1 Like