Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

I feel like this is a canadian stereotype :smiley:

2 Likes

Does this help with the stereotype? All syrup is bottled in our empty bottles of Canadian Whiskey.

5 Likes

Also, this just happened:

Iā€™m looking forward to this one, and Iā€™m happy to support the coaches/trainers that I use the most info from. Iā€™ve purchased books from CT/Paul Carter as well. If only Brian shipped his merchandise to Canada Iā€™d help him out as well!

3 Likes

OMG YES!!! That is awesome and why I claim to be Canadian.

1 Like

Psstā€¦ Canadian Whiskey :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Haha awww your pretty little stomach canā€™t handle it? :wink:

3 Likes

03/24/2017

Phase 1: Week 3

Workout 4: Legs, Abs

Squats
45 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3 ā† Ties rep PR, watching the video I might be a tad high. Donā€™t care.
405 x 3
405 x 3

Happy to see the squat strength is still kicking around.

Superset
Walking DB Lunges
50lbs DBs x 12 (6/leg) x 4sets

Not heavy or difficult for the legs, but kept the sweat coming and I like getting in some unilateral work.

Leg Extensions
100lbs x 12
125 x 12 x 4

Superset
Lying Leg Curls
50 x 10
75 x 10
100lbs x 10 x 3

Romanian Deadlift
225 x 5
275 x 5 x 3 R/P 10

Giant Set
Hanging Leg Raise
12 x 3

Kneeling Banded Crunch
Red + Blue Mini Bands x 12 x 3

2 Likes

At least show us the video haha, donā€™t tease us like that!

1 Like

Nice man, looks good! On a high day I use cinnamon toast crunch, tastes like french toast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to blue-ball you there Ben. Here you go!

EDIT:

Additional note, my right elbow is in some very nasty pain today. Woke up a few times in the night because of it. I think I just slept on it wrong, but the squatting may have bothered it a bit without noticing.

Hopefully the pain wonā€™t be sticking around long, I really want to jump into this new training program next week at 100%.

5 Likes

I tend to be rather particular about depth(my own at least, I mind my own business) and yours seems pretty good to me so donā€™t worry about it haha!

1 Like

Looks good to me. Howā€™s the elbow?

1 Like

2nd one was buried (by PL standards). 1st was the highest and still whites.

3 Likes

@Benanything @MarkKO @BOTSLAYER thanks gents. It felt like I was hitting depth during the squat. Maybe angle of the camera and always being my toughest critic led me to think I may have been high.

My elbow definitely isnā€™t 100% but has marginally improved over how it felt yesterday. Thanks for asking, howā€™s your ankle holding up Mark?

Also, my awesome wife surprised me by getting the gang together for a round of paintball yesterday which was a blast. This is only the second time Iā€™ve done it, but everyone had fun even though it was quite wet and slippery running around!

7 Likes

@littlesleeper my ankle is going well, thank you. Still bits of ache and stiffness at certain angles but the swelling is all but gone and mobility is around back to normal. Been aggressively stretching especially for extension which I think helped.

1 Like

Well an ugly nutritional week/weekend has passed. Lots of family dinners, parties with friends and all justified because it was my birthday week.

Iā€™ve started a nutrition challenge with the guys at work to take me back to the next level. I woke up this morning at 211.4lbs (wow, 6.4lb gain since last weigh in). Holding lots of excess water from the massive carb consumption. So I expect to level out mid week to around 206-207lbs.

Itā€™s going to be the healthy eating challenge from NEVERsate. Kind of Keto diet, higher fat, no direct carbs. I dropped nearly 10lbs in just over a month from doing this last year, so Iā€™m hoping to see similar results.

Iā€™m also starting the Strongman oriented program from Brianā€™s site as well which should be a fun change of pace! Looking forward to the changes for the coming months.

Hopefully the ā€˜brain fogā€™ isnā€™t too severe from the lack of carbs as I have some relatively important meetings for work that Iā€™m chairing this Friday and 2 weeks after.

6 Likes

Iā€™m interested in seeing your progress with the NEVERsate template, those daily workouts of his look brutally fun.

1 Like

This is what Iā€™m most looking forward to! Day 1 has EMOM squats/burpees, strength giant sets, and a carry medley! I think itā€™s going to be a blast.

2 Likes

03/27/2017

##DAY 1 of Following Brian Alsruheā€™s Daily Training Logs (Taken from NEVERsate, thanks @Alpha!)
If you care to find it on his website, you can find it in his ā€œDaily Workoutā€ section beginning November 2, 2015.

Wave 1/Week 1/Day 1 - Monday

CONDITIONING
At the Top of Every Minute for 10 Minutes perform 4 Burpee Lateral Jumps over my Strongman Log.
For the Remainder of the Minute, Complete As Many Front Squats As Possible @ 205lbs.
(10, 5, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, TIMES UP!)

So this was a shit kicker. Decided to go pretty light on the front squats since they are pretty foreign to me. Repped out 10 reps on the first set and then could barely lateral jump the log during the burpees. Next set I did 5, but I started losing ground on the timer as I wasnā€™t exactly able to move quickly from squatting to burpees. Quads were blown up. Only managed to get 9 sets in for the 10mins. Sweating like crazy, and recently I havenā€™t broke a sweat very often during my workouts. Part of this is due to the house being at 16 degrees Celsius. (~61f)

STRENGTH GIANT SET - 6 Rounds
2 SSB Squats @ 385lbs (3reps for 6th round)
6 Pendlay Rows @ 205lbs
20 Hollow Rocks
***On your last set of squats, perform as many reps as possible. If you donā€™t feel great tomorrow, just complete your prescribed 2 Reps, if you feel good, leg it out and go for a Rep PR at that weight.

This giant set had me gasping for air as well. Between the 3 exercises my lower back was tiring quickly. The SSB squats at this weight were quite tough. I honestly planned on going up to 405 for these, but when I hit 385 for a double, I know that would even be pushing itā€¦and it was.

STRONGMAN EVENTS - 5 Races of the following Carry Medley
100 Foot Keg Carry @ 130lbs
100 Foot Farmerā€™s Walk @ 185lbs per hand

Nothing left in my lower back now. She is toast. Time to eat. Fun workout, but holy. Left it all out there. During the Strength Giant Set and Strongman Carry Medley I almost convinced myself to cut the number of rounds down, but persevered through and did them all. Hopefully Iā€™m a better person for it tomorrow.

6 Likes

Are you going to be maintaining a caloric deficit with this switch over to the nastiness that is NEVERsate?