Hey Shugart

A while back there was a thread about country music, I posted saying what passes for country was just bubblegum garbage and country music appeared to be dead or dying. You posted also bragging on Hank Williams III. Thanx for the tip buddy–I’m a big fan now, he is one of my favorites. I was already a fan of his daddy and granddaddy but I didn’t even know this guy was out there.

You can thank Chad Waterbury for the Hank III info. He bought me my first Hank III CD and we rolled around Dallas in my truck scaring tourists with it. Very old school, very anti-establishment country. Gotta love it. Hank III also has a punk band as a side project. I think it’s called “AssJack” or something like that.

For more real country, check out Kasey Chambers.

She’s an Australian with facial piercings and is the best country artist out there right now. America hasn’t really caught on to her yet, though they did play one of her best songs during the closing credits of the Sopranos once.

You might also like Fred Eaglesmith www.fredeaglesmith.com Farmer turned touring musician who still fixes his own bus.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
You can thank Chad Waterbury for the Hank III info. He bought me my first Hank III CD and we rolled around Dallas in my truck scaring tourists with it. Very old school, very anti-establishment country. Gotta love it. Hank III also has a punk band as a side project. I think it’s called “AssJack” or something like that.

For more real country, check out Kasey Chambers.

She’s an Australian with facial piercings and is the best country artist out there right now. America hasn’t really caught on to her yet, though they did play one of her best songs during the closing credits of the Sopranos once. [/quote]

Chris,

Finally ran across some of her music–you were right really great stuff.

Cool. I never get tired of her voice. Not exactly lifting music, but great stuff anyway.

Another outlaw country discovery courtesy of Chad Waterbury and now another favorite of mine: Shooter Jennings, some of Waylon.

It’s rough but catchy, deeply emotional at times (the hidden track is the best on the current CD), and also falls into the anti-Nashville genre. I have no problem listening to Shooter, then Blink, then Metallica, all in the same lifting session.