Hey Chicago!

What kind of a T-Nation contingent do we have in the greater Chicago area? I’ll be lifting there in AWPC Worlds next Saturday, and Mike Robertson will be there to hand-off for me on the bench and cram me into my squat suit.

We’re all going to get some grub and talk shop after the meet, so it would be great to meet up with some of the T-Nation crew. Anybody interested? I’ll bring some Grow! bars and Mike will let you get a photo with his mysterious third nipple.

Eric, I’ll be there all three days. I have a guy benching on friday who is a world record holder in AAPF/AWPC, Fred Woodson. I have a masters world champ at 148 on saturday, Mike Robinson. And a 132 open lifter looking to go elite at this meet, Rob Leoni.

Pete Arroyo
Silverback Barbell
Naperville, IL

If I had a car and could get to Lincolnwood, I would love to check it out. I’ll see if I can make some travel arrangements.

Good stuff, Pete; looking forward to meeting with you!

Depending on how things go, I’ll be making a run at AAPF Elite myself (at 165). I weigh-in on Friday morning, but I’ll be around watching the bench-only competitors, so I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for you.

Best of luck to everyone in your crew!

[quote]testdog wrote:
Eric, I’ll be there all three days. I have a guy benching on friday who is a world record holder in AAPF/AWPC, Fred Woodson. I have a masters world champ at 148 on saturday, Mike Robinson. And a 132 open lifter looking to go elite at this meet, Rob Leoni.

Pete Arroyo
Silverback Barbell
Naperville, IL[/quote]

Sounds great. Don’t be a stranger!

[quote]Order66 wrote:
If I had a car and could get to Lincolnwood, I would love to check it out. I’ll see if I can make some travel arrangements.[/quote]

I’ve got two words for you EC: Weiner Circle. I suggest you make all efforts to go there and get yourself a char-dog with cheese fries. You’ve never experienced cheese fries until you’ve had them at WC. Oh yeah, there’s also something rather esoteric about the ambiance of the place, but I’ll let you find out for yourself. If you can, I suggest you go to WC after 10PM, then you’ll really know what I mean.

In addition, you should hit Gino’s and/or Pizzeria Uno. Delectable!

[quote]Chad Waterbury wrote:

In addition, you should hit Gino’s and/or Pizzeria Uno. Delectable! [/quote]

I think every Chicagoan agrees that Lou Malnatti’s is the best pizza on earth. Go there and you won’t be disappointed.

Eric,

I’m in the area and it would be sweet to hang out with you and MR. Any idea what time is best to come around?

I lift at 9AM on Saturday, although I’ll likely be around for most of the lifting on Friday as a spectator. I don’t fly out until 9PM, so Mike and I will both be around for the afternoon/early evening.

Here’s the meet info:

[quote]Navy00007 wrote:
Eric,

I’m in the area and it would be sweet to hang out with you and MR. Any idea what time is best to come around?[/quote]

Eric,

How did you get on?

Chad: Good call on the WC. Ah, the memories …

WC’s ambiance is tough to beat, especially late at night after a few beverages, but the hot dogs don’t compare to Portillo’s, not by a long shot! And pizza? Giordano’s without question.

If I don’t make it, good luck to all!

Would you believe that I haven’t had a slice of pizza since my junior year of high school? The willpower is just that good.

Friday is a crazy carb-up after my weigh-in, so if the mood strikes me right, I might have to break from tradition…

[quote]Chad Waterbury wrote:
I’ve got two words for you EC: Weiner Circle. I suggest you make all efforts to go there and get yourself a char-dog with cheese fries. You’ve never experienced cheese fries until you’ve had them at WC. Oh yeah, there’s also something rather esoteric about the ambiance of the place, but I’ll let you find out for yourself. If you can, I suggest you go to WC after 10PM, then you’ll really know what I mean.

In addition, you should hit Gino’s and/or Pizzeria Uno. Delectable! [/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean. If you’re asking how I qualified, it was because of my total at Nationals in April.

[quote]flynniec6 wrote:
Eric,

How did you get on?

[quote]

[quote]testdog wrote:
Naperville, IL[/quote]

My wifes best friends parents live in Naperville :D…nice place!!!

You da man, Pete.

PEZ

Eric,
Good luck to you and if you need any help let me know.

I agree Lou’s is great but us south siders like Aurelio’s the best.

PA

Pez,
DMCD, dbols and macdonald’s!

Eric,

Good luck at the meet!

You may want to lay off the Mike Robertson jokes until AFTER he has handed you the weight. Just a thought.

Sounds like you guys should have a great time. Wish I could be there.

Take care,

Ryan