Hesitant To Begin Westside

[quote]wreckingcrew wrote:
I am on a modified westside lifting program and strategy. I am natural look at me and there is not question, lol. Anyway i m still getting the hang of it. But I dont think the scheudle is that bad at all. After the first few times the speed sqauts barley even wear you out.

My max regular sqaut went from 275, to a max box sqaut of 335 in less than a month. That is still not alot but I ve been squatting for about a year.

I m now doing 300 pound good mornings. Something i never even thouht of.

It works. [/quote]

Mr. Wrecking Crew I am always absoulutly smoked after my speed days. I used to think the speed days were easy too untill I went to Westside and lifted … You should see how hard and fast these guys push there weight. I am always smoked after speed day (CNS) you need to start pushing as hard as you can this includes your bench as well (with good form of course)

Good luck

[quote]Jasongott666 wrote:
You do 300lb GM’s? Damn…I only work with 185 at the heaviest…but I can squat off a 13 inch box around 370-380 easily enough…oh well![/quote]

Hello sir:

You need to get some Westside tapes and watch some 600-700+ (I can not remeber who it was but I have seen a 900lb chain suspending goodmorning. That is the thing that has helped me the most going to Westside lifting with guys as strong and stronger than I. You have to get it out of your head that a 300lb goodmorning is heavy. I know that sounds funny you need to see a guy squat 900 to 1000 off a box … LOL

Buy the Chuck video it has some insain lifting.

Take your time do things right …
Set your bar higher …
Surrond yourself with people that will help you get better …
You need to see it to believe it

Good luck

Kenn’s book is a must read. I have used the tier system with success.

The WSB template is also very good. If you use it follow the template. DO NOT add extra movements or extra days until you bring up your work capacity…

check the articles at elitefts there is one by bob youngs which details his program for the beginning at WSB. It was 3 exercises per workout. Very enlightening.

I train at home and for post chain I like stiff leg deadlifts and love good mornings. I also use “natural” glute Ham raises.

For options other than GHR see the 8 Keys articles there is a list of movements to use.