T Nation

He's Baaaack

http://media.putfile.com/max_squat_225x21

bahahahahahahahahahaa

It looked like he ALMOST reached parallel on that first rep, too.

[quote]JuliusA wrote:
http://media.putfile.com/max_squat_225x21[/quote]

Man, the rounding of his back on that last rep was brutal. It made my lower back hurt…

I’ve missed him so much. But I’ve never seen someone get so tanked so quickly. Sure 21 reps of 225 could be very challenging, but he wasn’t going to parallel much less ATG. I love how he takes a slow motion dive right when he racks the bar.

I have not watched this vid (I can’t see 'em from work), but I would guess this is DieselWeasel.

Am I right? :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re dead on. Its not really classic diesel, his form has drastically improved over his ME deadlift days but its still pretty bad. Thank god that doesn’t stop him from sharing.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
I have not watched this vid (I can’t see 'em from work), but I would guess this is DieselWeasel.

Am I right? :-)[/quote]

Yep, its him at his best.

Good Call

Why all the ridicule? Those Squat-Good Morning combos can be brutal!

This clip has all the makings of a great 1980’s sport montage.

Especially the part where he let the camera roll after his last rep instead of editing out his “pain and suffering”.

I LOVE IT!

lol, if you close your eyes and just listen to the song, you are thinking he is squatting 5 pies or more.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
Why all the ridicule? Those Squat-Good Morning combos can be brutal![/quote]

[quote]Mwschwab wrote:
Thank god that doesn’t stop him from sharing.[/quote]

I wish he’d share on GoogleVideo or YouTube, that way I could see the videos on my Linux machine.

Glad he’s back, although I think the days of the real zaney stuff have passed. But who knows. Mabye he’ll surprise us with a vid of Max Effort Overhead Barbell Reverse Curls.

Haha! How I have missed the Dez-Wez! Still…the guy IS improving. He has come along ways form-wise. As sad as that is to say.

Let’s see…

Knee wraps-Check

Olympic Lifting Belt-Check

Wrist Wraps-Check

Powerlifting Suit-Check

225lbs–WTF?

I thought the collapse at the end was strikingly similar to Jesse Marunde’s after his 20 reps…with 407.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Let’s see…

Knee wraps-Check

Olympic Lifting Belt-Check

Wrist Wraps-Check

Powerlifting Suit-Check

225lbs–WTF?[/quote]

LOL. No shit! That’s what I said! I guess nobody told him not to squat in front of a mirror, either.

[quote]magnetnerd wrote:
I thought the collapse at the end was strikingly similar to Jesse Marunde’s after his 20 reps…with 407.[/quote]

Well, he weighs a lot less, I bet, so his “functional strength” is “relatively” greater than Jesse’s.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
magnetnerd wrote:
I thought the collapse at the end was strikingly similar to Jesse Marunde’s after his 20 reps…with 407.

Well, he weighs a lot less, I bet, so his “functional strength” is “relatively” greater than Jesse’s.

[/quote]

Damn, I don’t know how I could have forgotten that. Does that also give the DW a reason to cut his reps significantly higher?

Squats? Weren’t those calf raises? Are you supposed to lift your heels like that everytime you do a squat rep?

So that’s what i’ve been doing wrong? Dangit!

On another note, did he fall at the end because he did 21 “reps” and his legs were swore or because he did 21 “reps” and his all but broke his spine?