Here's Your Diet to Loose Fat!

[quote]eightohfive wrote:
18 months?

/thread[/quote]

Not to be a dick, but who cares. I know we are all looking for the most optimal way to do things but considering this is a learning process and most of us are somewhat new to the weightlifting/bodybuilding game so what if it took him 18 months if he was happy with the end result. There are tons of people that look better than you or me and none of them are saying wow you look like crap for how long you’ve been lifting or putting down the timeline of our results.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

18 months?

/thread[/quote]

Nothing against you, but who cares. I know we are all looking for the most optimal way to do things but considering most of us are somewhat new to the weightlifting/bodybuilding game so what if it took him 18 months if he was happy with the end result. There are tons of people that look better than you or me and none of them are saying wow you look like crap for how long you’ve been lifting or putting down the timeline of our results. [/quote]

Getting critiques of what you’re doing IS part of the learning process. Part of making ourselves better is learning a) when we are making mistakes and b) what they are to avoid them in the future.

18 months is quite a bit of time to be cutting (ESPECIALLY for 35lbs), so I do think OP could benefit substantially from realizing that and learning how to cut and maintain a lower BF while putting on muscle.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

18 months?

/thread[/quote]

Nothing against you, but who cares. I know we are all looking for the most optimal way to do things but considering most of us are somewhat new to the weightlifting/bodybuilding game so what if it took him 18 months if he was happy with the end result. There are tons of people that look better than you or me and none of them are saying wow you look like crap for how long you’ve been lifting or putting down the timeline of our results. [/quote]

Getting critiques of what you’re doing IS part of the learning process. Part of making ourselves better is learning a) when we are making mistakes and b) what they are to avoid them in the future.

18 months is quite a bit of time to be cutting (ESPECIALLY for 35lbs), so I do think OP could benefit substantially from realizing that and learning how to cut and maintain a lower BF while putting on muscle.[/quote]

I agree with everything you just said.
I just was under the impression that some were dismissing his results just for the simple fact it took him longer than most think it should have. That is all and if I misinterpretted eighttofive then my bad.

I agree with everything you just said.
I just was under the impression that some were dismissing his results just for the simple fact it took him longer than most think it should have. That is all and if I misinterpretted eighttofive then my bad.[/quote]

Fair enough. Results are results, and “/thread” wouldn’t have been very productive lol so I agree.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]altec wrote:
I know it sounds bizarre but it worked for me for someone who had allot of fat mass.

And I think by the way I did it, it will work for me in the long run… bulking and cutting bulking and cutting all the time isn’t good in my opinion. In my plan I wanted the best for the long run.[/quote]

I’ve got to wonder how much LBM you started with, and how much you lost. Maybe, you even put some on while following such a diet for over a year. Lotta variables, and with no real info, we can’t really just except to comment on the duration and final weight.

By comparison though, THOUGHTS1053 dieted for a contest last Spring and lost 50 lbs in 4 months. He ended up at 180 lbs with a ridiculous amount of muscle just hanging off of him. No one stickied his thread because it’s a pretty common thing when you diet correctly :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Stu I’m going to look for this thread you are speaking of, you don’t happen to know the link or anything do you?
[/quote]

x2 Saw the condition THOUGHTS was in through the Indigo project, but I’d love to check out the specifics of his diet
[/quote]

And consider that he had already softened up considerably by the time the Indigo Boot camp was underway! (He’ll tell you himself that he went on vacation, didn’t train, and ate everything in sight -lol).

I’m sure the thread is easy to find, but also realize that it wasn’t a ‘magic’ diet to follow, it was careful adjustments and juggling of his macros, training, and cardio on a week by week basis (I should know, I was his prep coach!) This is the point most people miss. I usually drop about 30-35 lbs myself during a 16-20 week prep, but I couldn’t tell you at the start what my #s are going to look like by the end.

S

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]altec wrote:
I know it sounds bizarre but it worked for me for someone who had allot of fat mass.

And I think by the way I did it, it will work for me in the long run… bulking and cutting bulking and cutting all the time isn’t good in my opinion. In my plan I wanted the best for the long run.[/quote]

I’ve got to wonder how much LBM you started with, and how much you lost. Maybe, you even put some on while following such a diet for over a year. Lotta variables, and with no real info, we can’t really just except to comment on the duration and final weight.

By comparison though, THOUGHTS1053 dieted for a contest last Spring and lost 50 lbs in 4 months. He ended up at 180 lbs with a ridiculous amount of muscle just hanging off of him. No one stickied his thread because it’s a pretty common thing when you diet correctly :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Stu I’m going to look for this thread you are speaking of, you don’t happen to know the link or anything do you?
[/quote]

x2 Saw the condition THOUGHTS was in through the Indigo project, but I’d love to check out the specifics of his diet
[/quote]

And consider that he had already softened up considerably by the time the Indigo Boot camp was underway! (He’ll tell you himself that he went on vacation, didn’t train, and ate everything in site -lol).

I’m sure the thread is easy to find, but also realize that it wasn’t a ‘magic’ diet to follow, it was careful adjustments and juggling of his macros, training, and cardio on a week by week basis (I should know, I was his prep coach!) This is the point most people miss. I usually drop about 30-35 lbs myself during a 16-20 week prep, but I couldn’t tell you at the start what my #s are going to look like by the end.

S[/quote]

Haha I do remember THOUGHTS’ discussion of eating everything in sight and throwing quite a bit of weight back on! I saw some of his competition photos as well though, so I got a good idea of his leanness too.

I absolutely understand that diet is a flexible thing that must be adjusted through prep and so on, I’d just like to get a feel for what THOUGHTS is doing to get ideas for how to make new diet adjustments. I’ll do some poking around later and see about finding that thread.

[quote]altec wrote:
…at 160 pds of muscle with a 4 pack…

I lol’d.

lol anyways guys I rebuilt my body and I’m happy with it, I wanna gain another 15-20 pounds and I’m working to it, I think at 5’6 180 pounds lean I would be pretty tank.

what kind of food works for you in order to cut?