Here's Where I Always Get Stuck

A weak lower back is usually the sticking point for most new squatters. Judging by his decent lats, we should assume it’s not his case and take him at his word.

[quote]bakajin77 wrote:
squatting your bodyweight for 10 reps is a pretty normal starting point for beginners. Therefore there is nothing unusual about a 192lbs guy squatting 225 x 12 especially if he already has a lifting/athletic background. I’ve seen a lot of rugby and basketball players start much heavier than that. Going by his current size, once he develops his legs to match his upper body strength he will be squatting a lot more than that.

for the original poster; I wouldn’t worry about bulking up your legs affecting your running. Both my father and brother have big legs and have been successful endurance athletes and the same can be seen with many rugby&soccer players. A big upper-body/high bodyweight is more of a hindrance than legs. You just need to find a good way to balance your leg workouts with your running. [/quote]

I’m not a professional runner, but I do run 2-3 times a week for 30-45 minutes while doing intervals of moderate to very fast paced running. I actually find my leg muscles make it a lot easier for me to run and I am able to run for a longer period of time b/c my legs do not tire as quickly.

I’m calling BS on the lifts, his build is nearly identical to mine (I of course have body hair) and I max bench 225 and max squat 305.

maybe hes doing partials or a smith machine?

Ill need a video before I believe it.

lucky for him he doesn’t need you believing it.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
I’m calling BS on the lifts, his build is nearly identical to mine (I of course have body hair) and I max bench 225 and max squat 305.

Ill need a video before I believe it. [/quote]

Then don’t believe it, and don’t waste my time with pointless posts. I haven’t ever really done squats, so I made sure I got some one that could be there to make sure I do them right, and not injure myself. Maybe your naturally weak and feeble.

[quote]
TenaciousBD wrote: Maybe your naturally weak and feeble.[/quote]

lol

[quote]TenaciousBD wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Ill need a video before I believe it.

Then don’t believe it, and don’t waste my time with pointless posts. I haven’t ever really done squats, so I made sure I got some one that could be there to make sure I do them right, and not injure myself. Maybe your naturally weak and feeble.[/quote]

That must be it… man do I feel dumb now.

Today and last week my max bench was at 315 lbs.I do slack on the legs quite a bit. I’m always hesitant about packing to much on the legs because I would like to do a marathon before this fall. I do a local 5k run here every Tues, then try to get in at least 2 miles a few more times a week. Sometimes more some times less. And no, your incorrect about the bodyfat.

At the time of the most recent picture (which doesn’t look much different from the one here), I was mesured 6.7% by one trainer, and 6.9% by another at a different location two days apart.[/quote]

Packing too much muscle on legs wont hinder you. Packing too much on upper body might.
If you’re training for a marathon for fall than i would start seriously upping your mileage.
Try some “fartlek” too. That should build your legs some.

Call bullshit all you want, my form is fine. I’m not here to lie and make friends. If that was the case I wouldn’t asked for help in the first place. If you want to post something trying to call me out, your wasting your time. Like I’ve always heard, trying to argue with someone online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, your still retarded. So if you don’t have anything constructive to say, your words are falling on deaf ears.

[/quote]
Way to be an ass when I’m trying to help. Like I said, post a video. You don’t just start out squatting 2 plates for reps. It’s just not plausible. Even if your legs are quite strong, you’re not trained in the squat, so you’re not going to be able to use all that strength. Personally, I’m not “calling bullshit”; I’m telling you it sounds like something’s wrong and you should address it. Let’s see some deadlift numbers while we’re at it.

It’s possible that you bench 315 lbs. Some people look smaller but aren’t necessarly weak. Kudos on accepting the critiques and working out your legs though. Do deadlifts as well.

why do ppl lie all the time, 315 my ass, proper form lol

[quote]ginger_spartan wrote:
why do ppl lie all the time, 315 my ass, proper form lol[/quote]

Do you really think anyone was still paying attention to this thread before you dug it up?

LOL!!!

Yeah, we’re talking about these: Full Squat - YouTube

Right?

It does seem nutz to just pick up a bar one day and have the flexability and form to be able to do that without ever having done it before and with the amount of weight your using, all while not hurting yourself.

How tall are you?

Edit: NVM read your profile, yeah @ 6’ that’s a good squat weight.