Here's to DeFranco

[quote]Joe DeFranco wrote:
Quick update on Miles Austin…

He weighed in at a SHREDDED 215 lbs. (this was the EXACT weight that his agent asked me to get him to for the Combine during our initial meeting. Miles weighed 233 lbs. on that specific day. What a difference cutting bleu cheese out of your diet makes! LOL!)

He currently has the MOST reps in the 225 bench test of ALL the recievers. He put up 21 reps officially. (Unfortunately, the people who organize the Combine don’t organize it in a way that’s condusive to optimal performance. Miles had breakfast at 6am and then wasn’t able to eat until AFTER he benched at 2PM. Oh well, everyone is in the same boat I guess. It would just be nice to see how these kids could perform with optimal rest & nutrition.)

Anyway, so far, so good. He weighed in at the EXACT weight that his agent and all the NFL scouts wanted to see…and he is the STRONGEST wide reciever so far.
Tomorrow is the 40 and the rest of the running & jumping drills.
Stay tuned…
Joe D. [/quote]

Joe, I may have another client for you. Should I email you about this?

Joe, I may have another client for you. Should I email you about this?[/quote]

Ya, you can email me at
joe-d@defrancostraining.com

Bump.

Hey Joe, how did Austin do at the combine?

I’m not Joe… but here’s what he posted about Miles on EliteFTS…

"When Miles first called me from the Combine and told me his numbers, I thought he did “great”. Now after a day and seeing more times and numbers coming out, I think he did “INCREDIBLE”!

It was a whole new ballgame this year…they changed the rules on the 20-yard shuttle & 3-cone drill. And they did the vertical jump dead last (they usually did it before the running events) after all the other running events and position drills. The people who coordinate the combine definately don’t do it with the athletes best interest in mind. Anyway, it is a “level” playing field, though.

From what we know so far, Miles was the strongest reciever with 21 reps on the bench & he has the 2nd highest vertical jump of the entire Combine…40 1/2"…and remember that this was AFTER all the speed tests & position drills…and he told me they almost dislocated his shoulder when they pulled up his arm for his reach.

But, as I stated for the past few weeks, this kid can JUMP THROUGH THE ROOF! (Unfortunately, vertical jump #'s have definately been tainted in the past with all the cheating.) But, anyone who has ever trained an athlete knows that a LEGIT 40+ vertical after running for over 2 hrs is phenominal.

Miles ran a 4.47 40-yard dash, which is incredible for him…his fastest ever was a 4.59 and the scouts told him in pre-interviews that they had him as a 4.6 guy…needless to say, they were very impressed with his 40.
His official 20-yard shuttle was 4.1, which is a GREAT time with the new rules this year.
And his broad jump was an impressive 10’03".

Most importantly, he weighed in at an official 215 lbs…down from 233 lbs. the first day I met with him and his agent.

So all in all, we are extremely excited that this small-school kid not only hung with the “big boys”, he out-performed most of them!
This was definately the most gratifying performance of any athlete I’ve ever worked with. This kid had to work for every tenth of a second and every inch. Remember his name come draft day. I think we’re going to see the first ever athlete from little Monmouth College get drafted into the NFL."

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Bump.

Hey Joe, how did Austin do at the combine?[/quote]

I posted all of Miles’ results today in the sport specific section of the elite fitness site. Check it out…Miles stepped up BIGTIME!
Joe D.

Wow…Amazing. Great work Joe, Im floored at this guys stats. Amazing

Anyone with a vertical over 40 and can bench that good is the ultimate athlete. A true example of athleticism.

Im impressed to say the least :slight_smile:

All this guy has to do is MAKE an NFL roster, and you’ve pretty much changed the path his life, forever.

The Steelers will be looking for someone to replace Randle El…so how’s his downfield blocking?

[quote]spartanpower wrote:
The Steelers will be looking for someone to replace Randle El…so how’s his downfield blocking?[/quote]

Considering he benches 225 for what, 23 reps, I would say he can pretty much level people downfield.

Joe is right about Braylon Edwards. He played college ball right here by my hometown. I remember watching him playing and thinking that he is one strong SOB for a wideout, one of the strongest since Boston. And Joe’s guy outlifted Braylon!

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11009

yan (Minneapolis,MN): Do you have any “sleepers” at the WR position? Seems like this year the WR position is really soft…

Mel Kiper: (1:28 PM ET ) Miles Austin is a kid out of Monmouth. He has great physical skills. He had an excellent career. He checks in at 6-2, 215 pounds, very strong. He ran a 4.47.