Here's the Latest!

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
Lol, why would he start a thread to figure out what “HE” thinks?

lostinthought wrote:
The question is AQ, what do YOU think?

[/quote]

Exactly…So MY point is, what does it matter what anyone else thinks?

Your front looks good. BAck development is almost non existent for someone who deads 500 pounds. I see a lot (LOOOT) of kids racking pullups upon pullups and having no back development whatsoever. YOu should do your pullups properly to work your back, from a BBing standpoint - unless the goal is simply to do more pullups.

Pulldowns are far better for back development UNLESS your pullups form stresses the back muscles properly.

Here3’s a dirty l;ittle trick for your lats

One arm kneeling pulldowns with the pulley in the plane of your body to your side.If you have the mind muscle connection flare your lats and pull the weight downtill your upper arm rests on the “shelf” created by your lats under them…ideally you position yourself from the stack such that your forearm is somehwat INLINE with the cable for msot of the movement.

If you can’t flare your lats out into a shelf then try to STAB your side with the elbow (while holding on to the cable attachment) and progress in weight. Not a main movement but an accessory.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
tribunaldude wrote:
Not too bad for a beginner (which I assume you are), but anyhoo - good overall structure but you lack back width, back thickness and basically need to lay a foundation of size all over your upper body.

Yeah I’ve been feeling like my back has completely plateaued. For what it’s worth I don’t know how to pose for a lat shot properly, but it’s not like they’re much bigger than what you can see in the pictures. I’m really out of ideas for how to add thickness/width to my back.

I can deadlift 430 lbs, I row 130 lbs. dumbbells for a few reps before my form breaks down, I can do 17 pullups unweighted and going all the way down to a full stretch. I mean really what else is there? BB rows? I’ve never really felt like I’m hitting my lats as hard with those as I am with DB rows. I’m actually going to make a thread in the bodybuilding forum on this actually. I’m vexed. [/quote]

Finally, you have a good frame and some decent potential for a V-taper. For God’s sake add some size.

I feel like you think your back numbers are somehow super enormous and that you have maxed out progression. 17 pullups is good… but how about doing 15+ with 30-50lbs hanging from you? Try DC-style rack chins… emphasize the stretch on all your back movements.

My training partner was getting NO back growth even though his numbers were going up and so we did some trouble shooting and he realized he wasn’t even really using his back at all. So if your back is going to be stubborn, maybe you need to rethink the way you train it and figure out what really works best, growth-wise, for YOU, not necessarily for other people.

Excellent post. Can’t add much more to it.

[quote]bugeishaAD wrote:
I feel like you think your back numbers are somehow super enormous and that you have maxed out progression. 17 pullups is good… but how about doing 15+ with 30-50lbs hanging from you? Try DC-style rack chins… emphasize the stretch on all your back movements. My training partner was getting NO back growth even though his numbers were going up and so we did some trouble shooting and he realized he wasn’t even really using his back at all.

So if your back is going to be stubborn, maybe you need to rethink the way you train it and figure out what really works best, growth-wise, for YOU, not necessarily for other people.[/quote]

It seems that you’ve gone a long way since your last thread. Nice hamstring and semi-ass too :slight_smile:

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
If you compare your profile pics from May of last year with these, it’s really hard to actually see a difference.

The quad photos look like they could have been taken the same day![/quote]

I think I kinda have to agree with this, though a comparison is tricky due to the inconsistent posing. It’d help if you duplicated the poses from your May '08 pics, for a more accurate comparison.

So, for visible progress over eight months, I’m a little let down. But your front double bi looks solid and shows you’ve got good potential. Focus on the back, like you’re doing, and legs.

And you do get bonus points for being into paintball. :wink:

Didn’t you get the memo? No one wants to learn any poses anymore on T-Nation these days. That way they can pass off as merely bad posers when called out on their progress. I remember some idiot on RMP even thought that a front relaxed meant NO flexing whatsoever lol.

I remember my first coach threw out half his students when they couldn’t flare their lats at will after a year of training since he felt that meant they had effectively done nothing for their back in that time.

I still think AQ has solid potential (looking at his frame)if he would wake up and smell the creatine lol.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Tumbles wrote:
If you compare your profile pics from May of last year with these, it’s really hard to actually see a difference.

The quad photos look like they could have been taken the same day!

I think I kinda have to agree with this, though a comparison is tricky due to the inconsistent posing. It’d help if you duplicated the poses from your May '08 pics, for a more accurate comparison.

So, for visible progress over eight months, I’m a little let down. But your front double bi looks solid and shows you’ve got good potential. Focus on the back, like you’re doing, and legs.

And you do get bonus points for being into paintball. ;)[/quote]

OP, good base, but like these guys said, some size wouldn’t hurt. Sounds like you’re about as strong as me, at least in the back department.

where is the glute shot

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
where is the glute shot[/quote]

dont joke with him we might really get it.

yea though, nice base to work with but some of the oddest poses ive seen. also where did you get 9.3% from?

if i had to pick weak points id say the first thing i noticed was traps. then back, then lats(but without good posing sometimes good lats can look poor)

Decent chest and biceps. Back and traps are a weakness which is surprising considering your lifts, but at least you recognise that. I think more mass is needed, but you have a decent physique, you just need to keep developing and add on more quality size and bring your back up to match the rest.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Tumbles wrote:

The quad photos look like they could have been taken the same day!

[/quote]

Thats a blatant come on if I’ve ever seen one. “Show us your ass!!”

You look like you’ve progressed from your last pics, look like you work out now.

I’m same height and weight as you with a 435 dl and my back is my most developed area, so your probably recruiting legs more than someone like me. If you can recruit your back more with good form your numbers should shoot right up. Throw in some heavy rack pulls.

Also I’m tempted to call BS on your BF percentage.

Overall good work I’d say. Keep it up.

everyones thrashing you, but i remember ur previous performance photos pics and well, good difference, nice work man, are you finished cutting now?