T Nation

Here's a Hard Workout

Hopefully i dont get ridiculed but if I do, dont matter but this does not look like a hard w/o but it is. each set is taken to COMPLETE FAILURE, meaning even when you feel like you're going to pass out or your legs are ready to collapse but you can still push one or a few, you're not at failure. Surprised how many people don't really know what failure is. Try it. I'd like to hear comments about what people think about it. give credit to mike buckinson if it works.

All reps are done with a 3 second negative, 2 second postive, 1 second positive. The hardest thing about the w/o is only 1 min rest between any sets. Still having a hard time reaching that haha.

2 sets of 12 reps bench press
20 reps heavy weight squats
1 set of 20 reps pullovers
2 sets of bent-over rows.

The hardest things for me are maintaining intensity during squats and giving my best effort to do the bent-over rows when my legs can't handle it from squatting hard.

Lemme know what you think.

If your saying your legs give out when doing rows how the hell are you going to do any justice to your back? Your poundages would be down at least 25%.

And telling us to ‘try failure’. Do you even know what true failure is? Yates didn’t even go to true failure on rows or the bench, as when you’re using 400+ pounds on those lifts complete failure will end in you fucking something up. That rep timing seems pretty dumb aswell tbh.

What are you trying to accomplish with this program, save for doing a ‘hard workout’?

I don’t mean to ridicule you, but I find it difficult to see how anyone, save for a newbie making any progress on this program.

Try this:
Superset
10 sets
A) 20 reps Squats tempo 10-2-4
no rest
B) 20 reps each leg Bulgarian split squat 4-0-4
Done.

Anyone can make up a “hard” workout. Few can put together a good one.

[quote]SilentBob490 wrote:
If your saying your legs give out when doing rows how the hell are you going to do any justice to your back? Your poundages would be down at least 25%.

And telling us to ‘try failure’. Do you even know what true failure is? Yates didn’t even go to true failure on rows or the bench, as when you’re using 400+ pounds on those lifts complete failure will end in you fucking something up. That rep timing seems pretty dumb aswell tbh.

What are you trying to accomplish with this program, save for doing a ‘hard workout’?

I don’t mean to ridicule you, but I find it difficult to see how anyone, save for a newbie making any progress on this program.[/quote]

My legs just buckle together hard. U might be right about that but I can’t train any other way. IMO, it makes a difference results wise when reps are done slow and in control, not just pumping it, although explosive reps are different. Do check the site hugegainsfast. Google it since I can’t type in any web addresses. Plus the guy’s fucking huge nd claims natural.

[quote]Nyral wrote:
Try this:
Superset
10 sets
A) 20 reps Squats tempo 10-2-4
no rest
B) 20 reps each leg Bulgarian split squat 4-0-4
Done.

Anyone can make up a “hard” workout. Few can put together a good one.[/quote]

Probably complete suicide for legs, but the w/o I just named was a full-body w/o.