Here We Speak Awesome

Nope. Not Facebook friends.

One spray tan later. Time for pancakes.

1 Like

Looking good! Nothing better than well deserved pancakes.

Wow! Amazing! You look awesome!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!?!?!??!

So here’s the deal. I do like blogging. And I also enjoy the banter and BS. Life, as it tends to be, has been kinda relentless lately. So the blogging has slid.

Badly.

So by way of update:

1. The diet has been a success so far. The good thing is all the winter fat is off, and the sexiness is improving. I’m planning to keep it going another month until the next comic convention in August where I’ll either be shirtless or in spandex. Either way another few pounds of fat lost won’t hurt.
  2. The sad part… is this it??? I’m actually a few pound lighter than I was the last time I was this lean. So over-feeding and training heavy all winter didn’t do me a damned bit of good, plus age has robbed me of some valuable LBM.
  3. Me and my boys won Fan Favorite at the costume contest at our local comic convention last weekend. There’s no group photos (DAMMIT!) but here’s a pic to amuse you.
  4. To get better at costume making I took a sewing class. Mostly I like building armor and weapons, but to make some of the stuff I want to make, I need to get better at sewing. Sadly the only place in my smaller city that offers such a class is the quilting store. So this happened.

I’m pretty sure I don’t get my man card back.
1 Like

It’s a beautiful quilt, and the spider gave it a nice manly touch.

looking good.

that quilt is pretty bad ass too.

Is there a spider on there? The spider is masculine!

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Sumo DL - 4x305, 4x305, 4x305, 4x305, 4x305
A1 Leg Curls - 8x125, 8x125, 8x125
A2 Romanian DL - 9x205, 9x205, 9x205
B1 Glute bridges - 10x135, 10x135, 10x135
B2 Leg curls - 10x100, 10x100, 10x100
Kickbacks - 15x??, 15, 15

Fun times. Back felt solid.

And that’s a Spiderman quilt. The quilting stiches are webbing…

Ha. As quilts go that one is pretty cool.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Stretching, mobility stuffs, foam rolling

A1 Pullups - 4x55 + 5x0, 4x55 + 6x0, 5x55 + 5x0, 4x55 + 5x0, 3x55 + 5x0,
A2 Military Press - 5x115, 5x115, 5x115, 5x115, 5x115
B1 Scott press - 10x40, 5x55, 15x30
B2 neutral grip chins - 10x10, 5x45, 15x0
B3 unwinding press - 15x15, 5x25, 15x15
C1 straight arm pushdowns - 10x50, 5x60, 15x30
C2 Cuban rotation and press - 10x40, 5x65, 15x30
C3 X rows - 10x25, 5x35, 15x15

15 mins hamster wheel

Felt good today!

@Crippler56 there is no way to make a quilt cool. All a guy can do is try and minimize the uncool. But thanks.

@kpsnap yes that is a spider. Specifically… SPIDERMAN!!! It was actually a suggestion by the secretary in my group. I was bemoaning the fact I was in a quilting class and seeing as how much I loved superheroes she thought it was a natural fit. What a smart lady!

@bagofbro and @ChickenLittle …manly… badass… quilt… that makes me laugh. But thanks.

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

I saw another video on social media that really hit me hard. Whenever I see what war does to children it hurts me at a very base level… like down into my soul. With a lot of help from some really excellent people I’ve come partly to terms with this.

Tolerance, and compassion, people. We need to show more of it. In excess. More than we think the world deserves. Because the scales have tipped so far to the other side that it is starting to hurt the innocent, and the defenseless.

Today’s workout:

Forget to set the alarm: 1 rep

1 Like

Was this done on purpose?

I try not to look at social media, so I’ll just take your word for it. I’m exuding some compassion.

Why do the Canadians keep disappearing off this O35?

Hockey season started :wink:

I hear things are getting really bad up in Canada.

HAH! It’s just busy times. I’m doing my thang. Life is good. Just much to do!