Here We Speak Awesome

What kind of booze are you supposed to mix that stuff with anyway? I see a lot of bold claims on the package but no description of what it actually is. Just the waffles. Man those look good.

1 Like

It is lactose free milk.

Well that’s a real letdown. I feel better about it after eating lunch. The liquid waffle cravings have passed.

:frowning: Oh, okay, you can keep it.

I KNOW!!! I consider that false advertising!

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Warmup, mobility stuffs, and foam rolling

Overhead squats - 8x45, 8x65
Skwatz - 5x225, 3x245, 5x225, 3x245, 4x225, 2x245
Lunges - 6x115, 6x115, 6x115, 6x115
A1 Leg extensions - 9x130, 9x130, 9x130
A2 Reverse hypers - 12, 12, 12

Hamster wheel - 15 mins

Okay, so the squat numbers disappoint me. It’s been a long time since I’ve gone heavier (heavier for me, that I, certainly not heavy by all y’all’s standards) on straight-up back squats. And quite honestly I’m pissed they’re as low as they are. But this is what it is. I have to make peace with it. Age, levers, training fasted, and my insistence on being lean have their price and it appears here is where it’s paid.

On the positive side, my 45th birthday was Friday and the cake was awesome.

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Youngster!

Happy Belated Birfday!

P.S. I have been thinking about waffles all day, Thanks!

Happy belated! What presents did you get? I like to get money, I don’t need anything “thoughtful”.

Also congrats on making 45.

I was supposed to go lift today. I’ve been so stressed out, and getting such crappy sleeps, I decided to just get the extra rest. And then when I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and I sneezed, and abs appeared briefly…

… well I don’t feel guilty anymore.

And here’s another thing that continues to mystify me. I have my scheduled dessert day Saturday where I kinda go apeshit and eat way too much crap. Then Sunday I just don’t do so well with adherence, and this morning I look great.

What.

The.

FUCK!?!?!?!

I think your muscles must be filling themselves full of glycogen, I mean you are lean enough for this to have an effect (or affect, bah too early for me). Me not so much.

Also I used to do track too and have hate running now and then ever since. I mean sometimes I’ll get into it, but mostly it’s blah now.

And for no particular reason here is my little pupper…

And one of my daughters in a rare moment of calm…

… and the reason for my recent dietary debauchery. This is what I did with the leftover peaches…

2 Likes

That’s why I play hockey.

It’s like cardio, but more fun. :smiley:

I’ve been sort of half-assing it lately… Some of this is because I’ve dieted away half of my ass. And some is because I just needed a bit of a break. I’m taking a course, and helping my son with his school work, which leaves me up late, which means I could lift heavy on four hours sleep or I could drop a few workouts and rest.

I took option two. But today things are back on.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Front squats - 6x185, 6x185, 6x185, 6x185
Split squats - 4x135, 4x135, 4x135, 4x135, 4x135, 4x135
A1 leg extensions - 8x130, 9x130, 8x130
A2 lateral squats - 5x45, 5x0, 5x0
Back squat widowmaker - 95x20

Many comments:

• I subbed leg extensions for pistols because pistols still ####ing HURT my left knee.
  • Same with the lateral squats. If I took the load away and was veeeeeeeery particular with my form then there was no knee pain at all. Otherwise it was uncomfy. I may need to visit a PT.
  • I totally pussed out on the 20-rep set. It’s been a long time since I’ve done 20s, and I completely misjudged my capability. We’ll move that up next time.

I saw something in the news yesterday the gutted me. I was literally wrecked. I’m lucky to have some wonderful friends, and an incredible wife, who help me talk myself back out. But I was left with a great realization.

We need to love more. Love more than others deserve. That’s what the world needs.

3 Likes

You’ve been digging in your Loverboy albums again

1 Like

I’m curious what you saw in the news that moved you so deeply? But I understand. I really do. I have that rush of feelings at times too.

We’re FB friends, no? I went on at some length there. I don’t want to drag politics in here because I know my feelings are at odds with some others whom I respect deeply. Let’s just say it has to do with children and the horrors of war. It gets me right in the feels.