Here We Speak Awesome

Nice work on the diet. I could maintain that level of hairlessness for exactly 2 hours after shaving. The shaving to get to that spot would take 2 days.

Wow, I’ll say he diet works… you look great man…

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

@OldGoat, yes the diet works. It’s very complicated. I eat less for several weeks and control dessert :wink:.

@DBasler the joke about shaving is an ongoing one with my buddy Cliff. But truly, I’m a pretty hairy beast myself. If I let it go I can literally braid the hair that grows on my knuckles. It’s disgusting.

@NHLFTR it’s a feeble deadlift, but it’s mine. I have come to terms with the fact I’m never going to pull like the rest of y’all. Actually I haven’t… I’m still endlessly jealous! :rage:

@bulldog9899 Which era? I actually think the current era of guys calling themselves classic bodybuilders, or the top end pro physique competitors are the “best” physiques that have ever been. If a guy is going to be in the purely aesthetic side of this game, I think the X-frame is really the epitome of the sport.

@biker yeah I don’t normally walk around with the 35" waist, but I did eat my way there this winter as part of my ill-conceived plan to try and mass up. Back down to 30. And time to buy new pants.

@Crippler56, I am really interested, from a sadistic historical point of view, to see how/if men’s bodybuilding does decline over time. It could go a number of ways, actually, and I’m not sure which is most likely.

@minimaltechno thanks for the compliment. Honestly, I’m not where I want to be yet. I need to lose a few more %.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Mobility, stretching, and foam rolling stuffs
A1 reverse pushups - 14, 14
A2 pushups - 20, 20
B1 bent over rows - 10x155, 5x175, 10x155, 5x175, 10x155, 5x175
B2 bench press - 10x155, 5x175, 10x155, 5x175, 10x155, 5x175
C1 renegade rows - 8x35, 8x35, 8x35
C2 T pushups - 6x5, 5x5, 5x5 (I fucking HATE these!)
C3 reverse hypers - 8, 10, 10
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

ok…which do you like better 70’s or 80’s era

Good to see your login and your family looks great anyways you know who this is soon I will start along just because I actually miss it as well. Hi cliff! Read about your T levels it sucks getting old I am 40 and feeling with lethargic and sex drive has taken it’s toll. What fat burners are you taking into you have a link to it good job on the weight-loss I know you have it

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Saturday
Mobility stuffs, warm-ups, foam rolling
Overhead squat - 8x45, 8, 8
Squat - 10x185, 5x225, 10x185, 5x225, 10x185, 5x225
Forward lunges - 10x65, 10x65, 10x65, 10x65
leg extension - 10x130, 10x130, 10x130
Reverse hyperextensions - 10, 10, 10

Sunday
Cuban rotation and press - 8x60, 8x60, 8x60
Military press - 8x115 , 4x135, 8x115 , 3x135, 8x115 , 2x135
wide grip chins - 8x35, 4x50, 8x35, 4x50, 8x35, 4x50
B1 1-arm corner row - 3x7x?
B2 1 arm corner press - 3x7x?
B3 corner twist - 3x7x?

Tuesday
1-arm db snatch - 3x65, 3x65, 3x65, 3x65
Overhead rear lunge - 6x65, 6x65
Romanian deadlift - 8x205, 4x245, 8x205, 4x245, 8x205, 4x245
Ham curls - 8x130, 7x130, 7x130
side deadlift - 1x15
side plank - 45s
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

My best buddy Cliff was visiting and Sat/Sun I had the rare pleasure of working out with a partner. Cliff is a crazy-strong former state hammer throw and discus champ. He’s got a 600 lb squat to his credit and would not be out of place lifting with the likes of the more elite guys on this forum.

Still he tolerates me, and my Barbie-girl workouts.

Good points on bodybuilding. I was just talking to one of my friends at the gym. He has been sponsoring me for my upcoming meet, and supplies me with supplements. He promotes bodybuilding shows here in the Northwest. He was telling me stories of some of his friends from back in the day. Some are pretty famous bodybuilders from the 70s and 80s. His opinion is elite, professional bodybuilding may be in trouble. He says there is still a large number of amateur bodybuilders, which will make the support thrive. Of course bodybuilding is being replaced by figure-type competitions.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Mobility, stretching, and foam rolling stuffs
A1 reverse pushups - 14, 14
A2 pushups - 20, 20
B1 bent over rows - 8x165, 5x185, 8x165, 5x185, 8x165, 4x185
B2 bench press - 8x165, 4x185, 8x165, 4x185, 8x165, 4x185
C1 renegade rows - 7x40, 7x40, 7x40
C2 T pushups - 6x5, 6x5, 6x5
C3 Rollouts - 5, 5, 5
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

Well I still hate T-pushups… and renegade rows. This was a totally average workout. Not awesome… not sucky. Just, decent. Which I guess by the law of averages is what happens most of the time.

Diet is still going OK, although I was rather fast and loose with food and beverages while my pal Cliff was visiting.

It will probably take me a week to gain back lost ground, but overall it was totally worth it. After all, what the hell is the point of all this if we can’t enjoy a little dietary debauchery once in awhile?

1 Like

You know beer is a food group.

Just punching the clock… better than shit show sessions any day of the week.

Progress photos. About two months in.

So There’s improvement, but I’m still not totally happy with how I look. Progress is slow, my chest and lower back are softer than I like, and the farmer’s tan is ridiculous. But I’m not embarrassed to post these, like I was my starting photos.

Random points:

• This is after a couple of weeks of lower-than-needed adherence to the diet. Holidays, friends visiting from overseas, meeting up with buddies, and my birthday where I ate fully a quarter of the cake were all involved.
  • The shirtless dude in the background is a 23-year-old fitness competitor buddy of mine. I can still out lift the little whipper-snapper. Haw haw haw…
  • I lose my keys… a lot.
  • I have a lot of fitness athletes and bodybuilders in my social media feed. When I’m on point, I find this to be really motivating and exciting, and keeps me on point. When life conspires against me (really hard like it did yesterday) it drags me down and makes me feel like I’m out of control. What is up with that?
1 Like

I think you look fabulous!

I can’t help you with the keys . . .

Too much sexy in here…lol

Stop beating yourself up, you look great!

awesome stuff K, If I looked that good I would be king! keep up the good work

Nobody your age should be allowed to have a gut that size. Probably something with that chemistry degree.

I’m glad today was a planned dessert day because I’m stress eating junk food like a motherfucker.

1 Like

I saw this in the fridge at work. For some reason I imagined a carton of liquid waffles.

Because that’s what it looks like! My son asked if that was a box of waffles also. We can’t all be wrong. What is it?