Here We Speak Awesome

I honestly dont care … :sunglasses:

It’s Wendler’s 531!!! :wink:

Well, it was a nice long weekend. Yesterday turned into an unscheduled day off and sort cheat day. I’m just going to embrace that and move on.

So I’ve lost a little ground. Time to get back into the groove. My public confession is over, and I’ll provide a proper food and lifting update later.

1 Like

On another note, I’m considering some kind of knee wrap/sleeve to seal with my cranky knees. Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 Like

I’ve got no complaints about my blue Rehbands. They weren’t cheap, but they’ve held up well and I’ve been using them for at least a year now. They keep my knees warm and don’t really add anything to my squat like wraps do.

Pro-tip. I wash mine every few weeks. I just use cold water and let them air dry. Stay on top of this.

I used them for several months straight when I first got them, and man did they get funky. The washing machine did not get the job done. I had to resort to boiling them in a lobster pot to kill the bacteria. It worked, but not before funky knee sleeve water boiled over and made a big funky mess, really stinking up the kitchen.

It doesn’t have to be that way.

Have you tried horse lineament? This was recommended to me by the powerlifters at my gym.

1 Like

Ive used that!! Good stuff…

Go with Knee sleeves … Elitefts has their own brand called the Heavy Knee sleeve. Which really isn’t that Heavy it gives good support to the knee Id say its like wearing very loose wraps if that…and doesn’t really add much to ones actually squat if any.

I have Rehbands and SBDs. Definitely prefer my SBDs. And that story about the pot with rotten knee sleeves boiling over was disgusting.

Okay, I’m around just really occupied with life n’ stuff. Lotsa things on the go, lotsa updates, so here’s a bullet list:

• Diet is working. I’m down 9 pounds.
  • The fat pants are almost too loose too wear. There’s so much waist material bunched up around the belt it’s ridiculous. But I’ve become completely intolerant of pants that are snug in the leg.
  • I just saw “10 Cloverfield Lane”. I’m reasonably impressed.
  • My knees are doing OK. I’m backing away from 1-3 rep ranges for squats for awhile, spending more time on knee mobility and leg extensions… I may have to start going back to yoga. I hate it but it’s good for me.
  • This “slow and steady” diet involves a lot less suffering, but it’s pretty “blah”. I think the keys to any diet are: consistency, and the ability tolerate dietary boredom.
  • I didn’t like Jessica Jones at all. I will not be partaking of Season 2.
  • Y’all probably know by know I’m big into making costumes. Over the years I’ve taught myself to sew… badly. To make some of the stuff I’ve got planned I need to improve my skills on this damned machine. And the only place in my small city that offers beginner sewing classes is the quilting store. So starting this Thursday, for the next five weeks, I’m going to be making a quilt. In a desperate attempt to butch this process up it’s going to be a Spiderman quilt. This quilting class ain’t gonna have any idea what to do about me.
  • Here’s a picture of my daughters’s 4th birthday. I made the cake.
  • And here’s a picture of me and my oldest sons. For no particular reason other than it think they’re awesome and thye gives me a ton of pride/annoyance. Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference.
2 Likes

There you are, such a good dad. You’re going down in fat which is always a good thing, just keep plugging away. What type of yoga would you be doing? Yeah, I wound up watching Jessica Jones because of my cousin, I thought it was just ok. The last episode was anti-climatic.

Always looks like a fun time is had at your place. I wanna be invited over!

UPDATE

ONE. OK, so progress pictures are like a month overdue. And I still don’t have them. So I snapped this saucy little pic this morning after the shower. This is after a cookie dough binge yesterday.

Three things are obvious. I’ve dumped a bunch of belly fat since I bought those pants, I still don’t have abs, and I’m a skinny bitch. I really don’t care for the feeble amount of muscle I have. But it’s also clear this is all I get. So I’d better make the most of it.

TWO. I did max effort deadlifts on the weekend. I haven’t pulled seriously for about a year, and after two months I pulled 355 for a solid single. I may have had another 5 pounds in me. This is just 20 pounds off my lifetime PR. I’m pleased.

THREE. My knee trouble is less. I’m also squatting less. I’m going to de-emphasize them for awhile, do some more knee mobility work, leg extensions for reps, and force yoga back into the mix. Then we’ll see what happens. But I think pushing for maxes on squats may be a thing of the past.

FOUR. This picture is the reason modern bodybuilding is taking a shit-kicking and “classic bodybuilding” has become a thing. Mark my words, much like women’s bodybuilding has effectively disappeared, men’s is on a similar path.

2 Likes

FU, you look lean!!! Wow that’s a great transformation with the ‘fat’ pants.

Very ripped!

And very very sad what has happened to the sport of bodybuilding, in my opinion. Where women look like men and men look like I’m not sure what.

Great work. I also agree. As bodybuilding continues to go down the “freak” path, it will die off.

You’ll probably live longer with that much of a waist reduction. Good job.

Which era do you prefer ? Pre pot belly I assume

Looking ripped CK. Way to go getting the deadlift back up there.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

We’re on to a new training block…

Monday
Warmups, and mobility stuffs
Cuban rotation and press - 8x50, 8x50, 8x50
A1 chin-ups - 10x25, 5x45, 10x25, 5x45, 10x25, 5x45
A2 military press - 10x95, 5x115, 10x95, 5x115, 10x95, 5x115
B1 1-arm corner row - 8x25, 8x25, 8x25
B2 1 arm corner press - 8x45, 8x45, 8x45
B3 corner twist - 8x25, 8x25, 8x25
How does one account for the weight of the bar on these corner movements? I just left it out.
Hamsterr wheel - 15 mins

Wednesday
Warmups, and mobility stuffs
1 arm db snatch - 3x55, 3x60, 3x65, 3x65 (these are fun)
Overhead rear lunges - 6x65, 6x65
Romanian DL - 10x185, 5x225, 10x185, 5x225, 10x185, 5x225
Ham curls - 8x120, 8x120, 8x120, 8x120
1 arm side DL - 15x65
side plank - 45s
hamster wheel - 15 mins