Here We Speak Awesome

So do both of them share your personality traits? If not I got the feeling the one on the left does…

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Scarecrows - 3x12 x40 lb
A1 Chins - 6x6 x 25lb
A2 Seated db press - 6x6 x 50 lb
B1 Renegade rows - 3x8 x 35 lb
B2 Fly press - 3x8 x 40 lb
Rollouts (from feet) - 2x4

Still easing into it.

Another really interesting observation. I’ve been doing Brad Shoenfeld’s program from “Max Muscle Plan”. It wasn’t what I was used to, which by definition probably means it was something worth trying, but I never really felt like I was working at my max capacity. Nevertheless I gave it a go.

Since re-starting one of my favorite “basic and heavy” programs, my muscles feel like they’ve worked hard. I’m sore. I’m tired after leg day. All good things!

Kent… whats your long term goal at the moment?

DUDES!

“The goal” is to get lean enough to see abs, and then hold there. For life. This last winter was my VERY LAST attempt at rocking a surplus and trying to gain some more muscle. I won’t know if that was successful until I get all this freaking FAT off of me, but based on my weight at the end of it all I’m not particularly hopeful.

I think I just have to come to terms with the fact I’m not a big guy, and will have to work the illusion of the V-taper to look yoked. That’s OK. I’ve done it before, I shall do it again.

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM
T pushups - 3x8
A1 Bent over bb rows - 6x6 x 175lb
A2 Incline db bench - 6x6 x 65 lb
B1 chins - 3x8 x 10lb
B2 Scott press - 3x8 x 40 lb
Side planks - 3x30s

Hamster wheel - 15 minutes

So I’m not exactly THRILLED with these weights. Things have dropped some. Part is just that I’ve not been working the big lifts for awhile, and part is that I’m training in a deficit.

And here’s the Ertman men acting like jackasses… because that is what we do.

I’m digging this tune right now.

:fearful::confounded::cry:

Welcome back brother, Im still here, barely but here

Okay, it’s been a few days since I updated. My wife went on a holiday and I was playing Mr. Mom since last Friday. I enjoy being a full-time parent, but with this the cast of characters I’ve got it doesn’t leave a lot of time for logging. I didn’t miss a workout, or blow a meal, so we can claim victory.

FRIDAY
Front squats - 6x6 x ??
Hack Squats - 4x8 x ??
Lunges - 4x8 x ??
Contralateral Supermans - ??
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

SATURDAY
arms, shoulders, calves
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

MONDAY
Sumo - 7x5 275
1 leg Romanian deadlifts - 4x7 115
A1 Swissball curls - 4x13
A2 reverse hypers - 4x10
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

TUESDAY
Scarecrows - 3x12 x40 lb
A1 Chins - 7x5 x 30lb
A2 Seated db press - 7x5 x 55 lb
B1 Renegade rows - 3x7 x 40 lb
B2 Fly press - 3x7 x 45 lb
Rollouts (from knees) - 2x6
Hamster wheel - 15 mins

I’ve forgotten everything from Friday and I don’t have my log. Saturday is just a bonus day where I do muscles that don’t have dedicated work (arms & calves), plus a few sets for my weak points (shoulders).

And an additional fun fact… The rollouts I did last Tuesday were the first in about a year. My abs were so sore, for the entire WEEK that I was in spasms of agony every time I had to cough or sneeze. Even today when it came time to do them again it was too painful to do rollouts form the feet, I had to go from my knees.

In fact I had a lot of DOMS last week. To me this just underscores I had unused work capacity with my last program. It feels good to be pushing harder. Although the shitty weights I’m handling don’t do a lot for my ego.

DUUUUDE… the Hamster called he wants his wheel back…

solid work and good luck on your quest.

1 Like

Today… a day off. I’ve had two consecutive nights of MORE THAN 8 HOURS OF SLEEP!!! My body doesn’t even know what’s going on anymore. And the DOMS in my abs has subsided to the point it’s no longer excruciatingly painful to cough.

On the plus side, early effects of the diet are apparent. Torso shape is improving. There’s still a long ways to go, but I’ll take it. And another positive… I get a treat tonight. I’m thinking ice cream.

Goat: The hamster can have his #@%$ing wheel, I think it sucks.

Matty: What’s what, my man?

Dog: Glad you’re here.

bro: And I’m glad to BE back. Although, it’s gotten a lot more polite here than I’m used to.

I can fix that!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF!! :smiling_imp::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually its gotten a little slow in here since you have been away.

I prefer this song with the same name myself :grin:

JUST THE FACTS MA’AM

Front squats - 5x7 x175 lb
Hack squats - 4x7 x175 lb
Forward lunges - 4x8 x115 lb
Contralateral supermans - 14,12,12
Hamster Wheel - 15 mins

Weak, weak, weak. I am weak. But if all goes well I’ll LOOK like I’m strong… :wink:

I will have to Google this one, but I am already pretty sure, I don’t need to do them…lol

“Contralateral supermans”?? Ok, I looked them up. My version is the wounded pigeon.

Hel & Chicken - Supermans are usually a rehab exercise. They appear in my program after squats as sort of a mobility drill. They are totally un-sexy and irritating.

JUST THE FACT MA’AM
T pushups - 3x10
A1 Bent over bb rows - 7x5 x 195lb
A2 Incline db bench - 7x6 x 70 lb
B1 chins - 3x7 x 15lb
B2 Scott press - 3x7 x 45 lb
Side planks - 3x30s

I am so irritated, my bent over rows were really shitty quality because my grip was failing. How did I get back in this place again?!?!? I was partially calmed by how easy the presses felt. I was targeting five reps and managed 6 or 7.

I’m also beginning to understand how big a deal sleep is becoming as I age. Mon and TuesI got ridiculous amounts of sleep (8+ hours). Weds I got 7. Last night I got 6. Today I feel so sluggish and slow. So the conclusion is easy: get more sleep. Except there’s so much #$%@ that needs to get done.

Sigh. Adult problems.

You have a lot of good stuff going on here, and yes sleep is good.

I dont normally suggest it… but why not go ahead and use lifting straps if your grip has become a weak link on the rows…

More sleep + lifting straps should reduce hamster wheel effects.

Kudos on raising 5 kids. You got a farm?