Here It Comes!!

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
I could see why some would think so, but others aren’t necessarily looking for very safe but low yield investments.

CDs are very safe too, but people don’t want 1.5% apr. They want 7%+growth.

You weren’t bitten by the gold bug because it is a staunchly safe and conservative investment were you? Or was it more of a “Holy Moley Look at it go!”?
[/quote]

I bought in at $270/oz because the price had fallen for 20 years and fiat money is a trick to screw us out of the value of our money. The gov’t doesn’t have the courage to tax at rates where they can spend with abandon, so they print. Gold is a way of saving.

I own a lot of gold and silver also for philosophical reasons. I don’t want to contribute anything of value to this system. I am on strike against those who think they can have a sane rational society at gunpoint. I despise those who rule by force instead of by appealing to intellect and the self-interest of the population. So most of my money is non-productive sitting in a vault; it grows no food or new businesses. The government made me do that, to protect the money. Theirs is the crime beyond forgiveness.

Of course, government can confiscate all the gold and silver, leaving myself and others like me in their wake as victims. I would not react with violence (I’d simply move away) but the government really shouldn’t do that, if they know what’s good for them. No, they should not.

That is good that you have reached a point of being able to exercise a philosophical grudge against a system that you feel is corrupt, but I guess some of us simply don’t have that luxury.

I’m just trying to make the best of a bad situation. There are some very good looking and productive companies out there that had previously seemed unobtainable, which now look not just obtainable, but like a pretty good investment.

Fiat money, monopoly money, or electronic transactions that amount to nothing more than a string of ones and zeros, I don’t really care. Large corporations with retirement benefits don’t like me. Unions don’t much care for people that can ace their entrance exams but don’t have any uncles. If I don’t look out for me and do what I can with what I have, who will?

I empathize. It is very tough to remove oneself from the system. You’re not ready yet, which is fine. When the thought finally hits you that you are supporting your own destroyers, maybe you’ll be ready for gold or silver then.

Just remember: governments are like alley cats. They don’t go away if you feed them.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I empathize. It is very tough to remove oneself from the system. You’re not ready yet, which is fine. When the thought finally hits you that you are supporting your own destroyers, maybe you’ll be ready for gold or silver then.

Just remember: governments are like alley cats. They don’t go away if you feed them.

[/quote]

What a crock of crap. He’s talking about how to make money in an economic down turn which is exactly what good investors do. And you’re off on some sort of exotic adventure of the mind. Sheesh.

Print it up, Benny!! LOL!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]apbt55 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Zeb, have you seen a co. called Alumina Limited (AWC). Man has it been on a run. I wish I had a something to put into that.
[/quote]

I just took a look at it, they’re really on a tear. I like the chart too looks strong. [/quote]

thanks, just checked this and I can invest my 401K in stocks. let you know how it goes. [/quote]

Stocks like this crash terribly when the market tanks. Rising interest rates will cause a market drop. This stock probably won’t even exist in 5 years.

Good luck! You’ll need it.
[/quote]

It is a company matched 3% so I am not too worried, I know it isn’t real oney, but I have had about 80% of it in gold and silver for the past 2 years. I am now just shifting the other 20% to high yield stocks and moving the money around, I have a friend who is a trader and have been following some of his advice, just like new options.

I’m not too worried, but thank you.

oh and if i see something coming that really scares me I will probably pull all of it, eat the taxes and early withdrawl penalty and buy hard commodities, but i am not that worried yet,

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
oh and if i see something coming that really scares me I will probably pull all of it, eat the taxes and early withdrawl penalty and buy hard commodities, but i am not that worried yet, [/quote]

"Over the past two weeks, stocks have gone nowhere. The S&P 500 is now trading at levels first reached way back on Oct. 13. Despite the lack of progress, there’s been plenty of action beneath the surface.

Indeed, various measures of the stock market’s internal strength have been suggesting that buyers are beginning to lose interest as fewer and fewer issues participate in rallies while more and more participate in sell-offs. It’s the same story with volume, with downside volume becoming dominant.

These are all classic signs of distribution, a sign that Wall Street pros are quietly sneaking out the back door while the price averages hang near recent highs."

The great crash of the Greater Depression will soon commence.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

You do know that the same doom sayers have been saying the same things since Nov. 09/Jan 10, right? First it was the double bump on the charts, then it was something else. Different vehicles to the same end, but no end.

I don’t think for a second that we’ve turned the corner to a healthy and thriving economy. It is still quite anemic, but it’s just going sideways.

Everybody got so used to up, up, and even further up before the collapse, and so used to being right when it was really fucking easy to be right (although I doubt any of the “smart” people will admit that buying into a bubble is fucking stupid) that now they just don’t know what the hell to do.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

You do know that the same doom sayers have been saying the same things since Nov. 09/Jan 10, right? First it was the double bump on the charts, then it was something else. Different vehicles to the same end, but no end.

I don’t think for a second that we’ve turned the corner to a healthy and thriving economy. It is still quite anemic, but it’s just going sideways.

Everybody got so used to up, up, and even further up before the collapse, and so used to being right when it was really fucking easy to be right (although I doubt any of the “smart” people will admit that buying into a bubble is fucking stupid) that now they just don’t know what the hell to do.

[/quote]

The economy is being held up by the stimulus, if it is moving sideways because of that what happens when the stimulus goes away? We should all come to the same conclusion, the market will fall right?

Now we have Bernanke giving very strong hints he is going to pump over a TRILLON dollars into the economy by buying treasury bills, this is creating a treasury bubble as we speak. The collapse has begun they have just chosen to allow the dollar to fall not the stock market.

Since 1880 roughly every 30-40 years we have had to drastically change the currency. We are on year 39 of dollar.

I disagree slightly with HH, I don’t think the stock market will collapse, I just don’t think it will keep up with inflation.

I enjoy reading all the doomsday predictions. If you notice they say “it’s coming, going to happen any time now, here go, it’s just about here.” Yeah, Ooookay. If I listened to you guys I wouldn’t have made all the money I did when I bought into the market when it was at 6000. I have made more money in the market in the past 3 years than in the previous 15.

Recommendation: BUYand buy even more on dips.

But Zeb, can’t you see? The DJIA is double peaking and about to create a cash vortex that will signify the emergence of Cthulhu from his icy crypt in R’lyeh.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
But Zeb, can’t you see? The DJIA is double peaking and about to create a cash vortex that will signify the emergence of Cthulhu from his icy crypt in R’lyeh.
[/quote]

As long as the transfuter stays subliminal I think the malicdendrim will be strong enough to fight off the bears who only come out at night anyway. I’m still a buyer.