Hercules The Liger

[quote]invictaWW wrote:
that is like a real life monster as far as i’m concerned. i don’t care if it was the most even tempered, docile animal ever, you could not get me to put my face right next to it like the lady in that picture.[/quote]

I really feel like I’ve somehow become less intelligent after reading this thread,that probably explains why I’m posting in it…

Anyways…it all depends on how powerful a liger’s magic is!

BTW Elephants rule all!

A Liger thread?
A hippo vs a tiger/liger/tigron etc. has no definite winner.
For example, an elephant is -as an adult- fairly safe because he’s huge. And it’s not the question if a tiger could hunt him down, he simply won’t because the risk of injury would be super high.
But on the other hand, the bald lion species , who is kind of a testosterone-laden mutant and is known to be extremely aggressive, sometimes attacks larger creatures.
I saw a video where one of these bare mofos actually slew a rhinocerus. You could clearly saw how irritated the (adult) rhino was, because he tried to scare the lion away with a few charges, -which usually works- but the predator kept on returning.
In the end the rhino was too exhausted to shake the lion off who was flaying his back and collapsed.
So while this is very unlikely to happen, a giant feline can probably kill any living mammal except for a whale or ProfX, who are just too tough.
The liger probably couldn’t make it in the wild, because his appetite would be too voracious- a lion can consume 100 pound of meat in one meal, and a liger is a lot bigger.
Ligers are reported to be relatively gentle, which also isn’t a plus as a predator.

Dolphins are much smaller than sharks but its a fact they will take out a shark because of their speed. Take a lumbering hippo out of water and a lion or tiger will whip it. It wouldnt stand a chance. They take too long to turn around. Are we seriously debating a fight between hippos and lion/tigers? Is T-Nation that slow today?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Dolphins are much smaller than sharks but its a fact they will take out a shark because of their speed. Take a lumbering hippo out of water and a lion or tiger will whip it. It wouldnt stand a chance. They take too long to turn around. Are we seriously debating a fight between hippos and lion/tigers? Is T-Nation that slow today?[/quote]

Ugh, apparently… speaking of which, I remember this one time when a hippo and a liger were fighting, and I ran over and kicked the shit out of both of them. Then I grabbed one in each hand and did a set of 10 lateral raises. Maybe we can debate the validity of that…

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
Okay, I was searching for a video of a hippo fighting so we can compare and contrast different fighting styles/abilities.

All I found was this though…

(I’m sorry)[/quote]

The jiggling is strangely hypnotic.

Still, you are going straight to hell if there is any cosmic justice in this place.

-FC

Is that Seinfeld and Royy in that picture? Or sisco? wtf was his name?

Anyways, that liger must have some powerful magic if he resurrected royy from his tiger-mouthed grave.

Why Is it that every now and then there is a debate about wich animal is stronger?

You all know that the beaver kicks all of them right in the nuts.

Packs of 3 male lions will kill anything except an elephant and a hippo. Though hippo’s are lighter than rhino’s they are NEVER attacked, even by large prides of lion.

Hippos are also the number one killer of humans in South Africa, to the extent that they outnumber any other two animals added together.

The Liger is big, but I’ll give it three seconds against a fully grown hippo.

A Hippoceros would beat a Liger anyday.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
A Liger thread?
A hippo vs a tiger/liger/tigron etc. has no definite winner.
For example, an elephant is -as an adult- fairly safe because he’s huge. And it’s not the question if a tiger could hunt him down, he simply won’t because the risk of injury would be super high.
But on the other hand, the bald lion species , who is kind of a testosterone-laden mutant and is known to be extremely aggressive, sometimes attacks larger creatures.
I saw a video where one of these bare mofos actually slew a rhinocerus. You could clearly saw how irritated the (adult) rhino was, because he tried to scare the lion away with a few charges, -which usually works- but the predator kept on returning.
In the end the rhino was too exhausted to shake the lion off who was flaying his back and collapsed.
So while this is very unlikely to happen, a giant feline can probably kill any living mammal except for a whale or ProfX, who are just too tough.
The liger probably couldn’t make it in the wild, because his appetite would be too voracious- a lion can consume 100 pound of meat in one meal, and a liger is a lot bigger.
Ligers are reported to be relatively gentle, which also isn’t a plus as a predator.[/quote]

Haha. You forgot Chuck Norris. There is once reported case where a liger jumped on Chuck Norris. He was killed with a roundhouse kick before they even made contact.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Dolphins are much smaller than sharks but its a fact they will take out a shark because of their speed. Take a lumbering hippo out of water and a lion or tiger will whip it. It wouldnt stand a chance. They take too long to turn around. Are we seriously debating a fight between hippos and lion/tigers? Is T-Nation that slow today?

Ugh, apparently… speaking of which, I remember this one time when a hippo and a liger were fighting, and I ran over and kicked the shit out of both of them. Then I grabbed one in each hand and did a set of 10 lateral raises. Maybe we can debate the validity of that…[/quote]

I seriously doubt you could have done the 10 lateral raises…

Awful lot of assumptions and conjecture on this thread.

I have no trouble believing that it may be possible for a liger to run at 50mph top speed or eat 200lbs a day. I’m not saying that I believe it, but I believe that it may be possible and I have no evidence to refute it and it appears that neither does anyone on here who is claiming that it isn’t possible.

It’s weird that an animal crossed between a lion and tiger would grow bigger than either of them.

Now - is a liger born of a lion father and a tiger mother or a tiger father and a lion mother? The other way round is a Tigon and has quite different characteristics if I remember rightly.

Either way → Liger = way cool animal.

[quote]tom63 wrote:
ArcaneCocaine wrote:
A hippo would seriously murder a Liger, tiger or lion.

Hippos are mean sobs and would crush a liger, lager, or tiger.

[/quote]

Whatever, I punched a hippo in the face today and he cried like a little baby. Then a liger laughed at him. Hippos are pussies.

[quote]FlawlessCowboy wrote:
SWR-1222D wrote:
Okay, I was searching for a video of a hippo fighting so we can compare and contrast different fighting styles/abilities.

All I found was this though…

(I’m sorry)

The jiggling is strangely hypnotic.

Still, you are going straight to hell if there is any cosmic justice in this place.

-FC
[/quote]

LOL, yes, it is hypnotic. I watched it about 5 times already.

hippos can run at 18mph-30mph, so yeah, I reckon a liger could hit 50mph, how long it could sustain that speed is a whole other story.

And the hippo would crush the liger.