Herbal Diuretic?

Just wondering if anyone out there has some experience with using herbal diuretics (as I do not) and what you might recommend for what type to use and what dosage. I have read dandelion root works well.

Im looking to help my body flush out some water and wastes…if you know what I mean haha…to cut down for wrestling weigh-ins.

Thanks,
BDA

Dandelion works good, horsetail also.

If by wastes you mean signs of drug use, well that wont work. But you will shed a bit of water for the fight.

I was using 500mg of each for a little while to see if I was holding water or gaining fat. Turns out I was holding water so I stopped using them once I figured out why I looked so smooth.

I did mean water and exctratory waste yes. No I dont use any drugs.

Yeah thats exactly what my problem is. You took 500mg a day? or 1000mg total? how long did you use them for? how long before the weigh-ins should I start them?

Thanks

I dont have any worthwhile advice about using it for weigh ins. Try the combat forum, they’ll probably have better information.

I used it for about 10 days total. Once I established that I wasn’t gaining a bunch of fat and it was just water I stopped using it because I don’t mind looking a little smooth.

Taraxatone is a popular diruetic for BB purposes. i’m not sure how much it helps though, as far as 1 lb, 2 lbs or what.

another thing to look at is anti-estrogens. since estrogen holds water, lowering estrogen could concievably lower the amount of water you’re holding. but in reality, i don’t think that’s gonna help as much as the other route…

How does Taraxatone compare with Lasix?

[quote]rephore wrote:
How does Taraxatone compare with Lasix?[/quote]

well, i have no idea. i’ve never used Lasix, and i only used Taraxatone on one occasion, and wasn’t truly lean enough to really see the result. unfortunately, i didn’t track lbs of water loss, either.

one thing with Taraxatone, is that it’s marketed as mineral sparing, so it should prevent some of the cramping issues that other diretics cause.

I just got a small bottle of ‘Shrink Wrap’ by Eclipse Nutrition. I’m planning on taking it twice the friday before my show. A guy my brother trains with, who competes in the NPC suggested that I use it all through the last week, which confused me as I’ll be drinking 3 gallons of water every day, but I’ve never really researched, or tried any diuretics before, so unless I hear some real info backing up his approach, I’d rather underuse (just friday) than do something potential ‘bad’.

S

I like dandelion alot, sauteed in some olive oil and garlic. You can’t go wrong. I tried Lasix but honestly it was too strong for me. Not sure if the dose was too high, but I got cramps in my fingers and toes, it was pretty fucked up.

Wow, I never realized diuretics could cramp you up like that. Ive never had any experience with diuretics, so this is realyl helping me out.

I bought some dandelion root @ 500mg caps. It says to take 2 - 500mg camps 2-3 times a day. This seemed like a lot to me. Should I underdose? How do I know if its doing what it should be? haha will I just shit my brains out?

[quote]bdadam01 wrote:
Wow, I never realized diuretics could cramp you up like that. Ive never had any experience with diuretics, so this is realyl helping me out.

I bought some dandelion root @ 500mg caps. It says to take 2 - 500mg camps 2-3 times a day. This seemed like a lot to me. Should I underdose? How do I know if its doing what it should be? haha will I just shit my brains out?[/quote]

Google it. There are different recommendations out there. The company probably just wants you to use as much of their product as possible. I the research I did I saw people recommending 1g-1.5g. I saw a difference from 500mg dandellion and 500mg horsetail. I am pretty lean to begin with though, which will ultimately decide how much of a visible effect the diuretic will have.

Yeah I see recommendations of 1 - 1.5g too. It said possible gastrointenstinal discomfort. Does this just mean your going to have diarrhea?

Isnt that what the diuretic is also suppose to do is make you shit?