Hepburn Workout

Hi all

I’m new here. I’ve been working out for about 20 years. Originally a body builder and about 7 years ago I switched to powerlifting and a bit later strongman.

Anyway, I’ve been reading a lot about the Hepburn workouts and googled my way to this forum where I see a few are familiar with it. I’m getting stale with my current workouts and I want to give this a trial to see if I can get out of a rut.

Here’s what I was thinking of doing based on the A routine, working out 4x a week and lifts chosen for strongman/powerlifting:

Starting with 4x1, adding a rep each workout until I reach 10, then add 5-10lbs and start again

Saturday & Tuesday
Bench
Military Press
Bent Row/Pullup

Sunday & Wednesday
Squat
Deadlift
Cheat Curl

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Eat a lot.

Choose weights lower than your original estimate.

Hepburn was a genius and everyone thinks they know what they’re doing when they pick their starting poundages, ignoring his advice to use for the singles what you do for triples to 5’s. You sound experienced, but there is a tendency to rush the weights because the program can be tedious. Like Wendler’s 5/3/1, if you start low, you will reap greater benefits for a longer period of time. If you start high you will burn out and get hurt. I know - I’ve done Hepburn’s program incorrectly three times.

If you do it right, you’ll merely be bored, but you’ll get very strong.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I’ll be using my 3 rep max or a little below on lifts.

Things that I’d like to hear from others is how they split it up. I’m hitting everything 2x per week and therefore reps increase twice per week. I see others have used a 2 or a 3 day program where every exercise is worked once. My recovery is pretty good which is why I selected the 4 day split.

Why would anyone want to train like Kathrine Hepburn? Is a new thing with the kids?

LOL

I was thinking more Doug Hepburn, but the way my workouts have gone the last week, maybe I should try Kathrines!