T Nation

Hentoff Hates Obama...

[quote]JEATON wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/liberal-icon-urges-obama-impeachment/[/quote]

Never before in our history has a president not cared about separation of powers? What a stupid quote. The last president used executive orders as well.

I’m not a fan of Obama’s quote there at all, but right now talking about impeachment is dumb because it won’t happen. He has done a lot of things I disagree with and I would love for someone else to be in the chair right now other than him.

Impeachment though? Impeachment currently has 0 chance of even being a thought. It is absolutely DUMB for democrats or republicans to talk about it. My Chiefs have about the same chance of winning the Super Bowl as Obama does of being impeached (at this current time). Of course things can change.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/liberal-icon-urges-obama-impeachment/[/quote]

Never before in our history has a president not cared about separation of powers? What a stupid quote. The last president used executive orders as well.

I’m not a fan of Obama’s quote there at all, but right now talking about impeachment is dumb because it won’t happen. He has done a lot of things I disagree with and I would love for someone else to be in the chair right now other than him.

Impeachment though? Impeachment currently has 0 chance of even being a thought. It is absolutely DUMB for democrats or republicans to talk about it. My Chiefs have about the same chance of winning the Super Bowl as Obama does of being impeached (at this current time). Of course things can change. [/quote]

You really have to have a sense of Hentoff’s life work. Hard to categorize. Largely left leaning but had a change of heart against abortion after much study and research. Had a huge hard-on against Bush and his administration for there reckless expansion of the use of executive order. And he thinks Obama makes Bush look like a candy ass in comparison.

Anywhoo… just found it interesting.

[quote]JEATON wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]JEATON wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/liberal-icon-urges-obama-impeachment/[/quote]

Never before in our history has a president not cared about separation of powers? What a stupid quote. The last president used executive orders as well.

I’m not a fan of Obama’s quote there at all, but right now talking about impeachment is dumb because it won’t happen. He has done a lot of things I disagree with and I would love for someone else to be in the chair right now other than him.

Impeachment though? Impeachment currently has 0 chance of even being a thought. It is absolutely DUMB for democrats or republicans to talk about it. My Chiefs have about the same chance of winning the Super Bowl as Obama does of being impeached (at this current time). Of course things can change. [/quote]

You really have to have a sense of Hentoff’s life work. Hard to categorize. Largely left leaning but had a change of heart against abortion after much study and research. Had a huge hard-on against Bush and his administration for there reckless expansion of the use of executive order. And he thinks Obama makes Bush look like a candy ass in comparison.

Anywhoo… just found it interesting. [/quote]

Yeah I don’t have much problem with the article or his thoughts I just think talking about Obama’s impeachment right now is not pragmatic at all. He currently has a 1% chance of being impeached based on what he has already done. Democrats aren’t demanding it in droves, Republicans may want it but have no basis for getting it done, etc.

And I’m as against executive order as anyone. I was with Bush and I am with Obama. In fact I had thought about starting a thread for it…why does it even exist? Someone smarter than me inform me. Why do these two have so many powers to do things unilaterally? What am I missing about what they can and can’t do with executive orders. Where does it say it?