T Nation

Henry Rollins?

Hey TC, did anything ever come of the idea of interviewing Henry Rollins, which was bandied about a while back? I’ve been listening to some of his spoken word stuff recently and it’s pretty cool shit.

Thanks.

http://www.naturalstrength.com/weightroom/detail.asp?ArticleID=168

This is why I lift.

[quote]Damici wrote:
Hey TC, did anything ever come of the idea of interviewing Henry Rollins, which was bandied about a while back? I’ve been listening to some of his spoken word stuff recently and it’s pretty cool shit.

Thanks.

www.henryrollins.com[/quote]

rollins regularly puts out records, books, discs and dvd’s. he tours the world doing his spoken word gigs and has a show on ifc where he interviews people he admires, showcases music he likes, and gets to voice his views and opinions. he also writes DAILY dispatches on his website.

i’m just guessing of course but he may be thinking something like “with every minute of every day of every year already being focused on telling people who i am and what i’m about, do i really need to be interviewed ?”

I’ve actually read interviews with him in everything from more mainstream newspapers to some hard-core literature-related websites (he’s a big reader, as you probably know), so I don’t think he’s averse to doing interviews . . . .

[quote]swivel wrote:
Damici wrote:

Thanks.

rollins regularly puts out records, books, discs and dvd’s. he tours the world doing his spoken word gigs and has a show on ifc where he interviews people he admires, showcases music he likes, and gets to voice his views and opinions. he also writes DAILY dispatches on his website.

i’m just guessing of course but he may be thinking something like “with every minute of every day of every year already being focused on telling people who i am and what i’m about, do i really need to be interviewed ?”

[/quote]

Ehmm yea, I like this guy. Just finished watching this little interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc9hWzf8a84

Does he have any books I should check out?

I don’t know if he’s put any books out but his spoken word albums are available on I-Tunes. I recently bought a few of them and have been listening to them. Good stuff.

[quote]meangenes wrote:
Ehmm yea, I like this guy. Just finished watching this little interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc9hWzf8a84

Does he have any books I should check out?[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
I’ve actually read interviews with him in everything from more mainstream newspapers to some hard-core literature-related websites (he’s a big reader, as you probably know), so I don’t think he’s averse to doing interviews . . . .
[/quote]

you’re right of course…i actually heard him a year ago being interviewed on the david lee roth radio show.

I think TC should interview Jessica Biel, Henry Rollins and a FoxNews reporter all at the same time.

Ideally, he should interview Henry Rollins WHILE banging the Fox News reporter AND simultaneously directing Jessica Biel to the next room, as I will be waiting there for her. :slight_smile:

But it’s just a request. I don’t want TC to pull a muscle over it or anything . . . .

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I think TC should interview Jessica Biel, Henry Rollins and a FoxNews reporter all at the same time.[/quote]

His show is pretty rad, but does he still lift? I can;t tell from watching his show, but that’s probably because I’m blind, or maybe because I’m an asshole and don’t know it yet.

I’d be much more interested in seeing the (completed) interview with push harder.

Although I don’t have issues with interviewing Henry Rollins, I do think that we shouldn’t be distracting TC from the more important issue, the interview with Ms. Bootie, I mean Ms. Biel.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I think TC should interview Jessica Biel, Henry Rollins and a FoxNews reporter all at the same time.[/quote]

Nate/TC - Is it done yet!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I’d be much more interested in seeing the (completed) interview with push harder. [/quote]

Their concerned it may require the website to use an age verification.

Excellent point, R! Sorry for distracting and taking y’all off on tangents here!

TC!!! Where’s Biel!!!

:slight_smile:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Although I don’t have issues with interviewing Henry Rollins, I do think that we shouldn’t be distracting TC from the more important issue, the interview with Ms. Bootie, I mean Ms. Biel.

Zap Branigan wrote:
I think TC should interview Jessica Biel, Henry Rollins and a FoxNews reporter all at the same time.

Nate/TC - Is it done yet![/quote]

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
I do think that we shouldn’t be distracting TC from the more important issue, the interview with Ms. Bootie, I mean Ms. Biel.[/quote]

Why? I am interested in a lot of things. The “thoughts” of a celebrity are not included in that category of interesting topics.

To each their own, but I can’t stand Rollins. I saw his show this morning, and listened to his ‘Letter From Henry’ and it was the most self-righteous bullshit I’ve heard in quite awhile.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
To each their own, but I can’t stand Rollins. I saw his show this morning, and listened to his ‘Letter From Henry’ and it was the most self-righteous bullshit I’ve heard in quite awhile.[/quote]

…and that’s why I love his writings.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
I do think that we shouldn’t be distracting TC from the more important issue, the interview with Ms. Bootie, I mean Ms. Biel.

Why? I am interested in a lot of things. The “thoughts” of a celebrity are not included in that category of interesting topics.[/quote]

He’s celebrity because of his thoughts. No?