Henry Rollins Sighting...

I actually see Rollins in my neighborhood fairly often. I’ve seen him like 4 times in the last year. Tonight he was standing next to me in the checkout of the supermarket.

Anyway, I was starstruck and I pussed out but next time I see him I plan to ask him if I can interview him for T-Nation. If he happens to accept I want to field the forum for questions because I see a lot of people requesting T-Nation for an interview.

So, if I do get an interview what do you guys want to know about him? I know it’s a bit premature at this point, but should I actually get him to accept I want to be prepared.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I actually see Rollins in my neighborhood fairly often. I’ve seen him like 4 times in the last year. Tonight he was standing next to me in the checkout of the supermarket.

Anyway, I was starstruck and I pussed out but next time I see him I plan to ask him if I can interview him for T-Nation. If he happens to accept I want to field the forum for questions because I see a lot of people requesting T-Nation for an interview.

So, if I do get an interview what do you guys want to know about him? I know it’s a bit premature at this point, but should I actually get him to accept I want to be prepared.[/quote]

Get some pics ya freak!

:slight_smile:

Rollins is a pretty cool guy. Dude traveled all over the world. I heard him do an interview of his tales to Iran, Afghanistan and chilling out with local in their communities learning about them and their culture. I can’t imagine country western singers interested in other people and being progressive and worldly like that.

Chatty fellow and a good man.

f

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
I can’t imagine country western singers interested in other people and being progressive and worldly like that.
[/quote]

Why has it become so damn cool to bash country/western music and musicians? Seriously, I see this shit CONSTANTLY. If you don’t like the music, then don’t listen to it. My guess is you don’t know many ‘country western’ singers, so go ahead and avoid passing judgment on strangers – It greatly hurts your chances of being perceived as a ‘chatty fellow and a nice man’.

Now go tell Kris Kristofferson he’s a close-minded ‘country western singer’. Haha, you people crack me up sometimes…

Find out why he made those ass-ignorant remarks about steroids…He sounded as stupid as Stallone and Geraldo on the subject for a guy who lifts.(Scared it will hurt his rep? Guess he never viewed the HBO Real Sports expose, no mental ammo to rebut critics or just no guts?)…snicker

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
florianopolis wrote:
I can’t imagine country western singers interested in other people and being progressive and worldly like that.

Why has it become so damn cool to bash country/western music and musicians? Seriously, I see this shit CONSTANTLY. If you don’t like the music, then don’t listen to it. My guess is you don’t know many ‘country western’ singers, so go ahead and avoid passing judgment on strangers – It greatly hurts your chances of being perceived as a ‘chatty fellow and a nice man’.

Now go tell Kris Kristofferson he’s a close-minded ‘country western singer’. Haha, you people crack me up sometimes…

[/quote]

Cause country music blows! Haha, seriously though Hank Jr. is a straight up pimp, no matter what anyone says that man rocks.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Find out why he made those ass-ignorant remarks about steroids…He sounded as stupid as Stallone and Geraldo on the subject for a guy who lifts.(Scared it will hurt his rep? Guess he never viewed the HBO Real Sports expose, no mental ammo to rebut critics or just no guts?)…snicker[/quote]

Where did he say these things? I’m not surprised though, I’ve read some of his anti-drug rants.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Where did he say these things? I’m not surprised though, I’ve read some of his anti-drug rants.[/quote]
I’ll dig around and try to find it…

I doubt you could convince him to do an interview for a web forum you don’t work for.

And I feel like Rollins has already revealed all the personal information he cares to about himself.

But you SHOULD ask him what his workout is.

I don’t see him doing an interview for a commercial web-site; besides this everything you could possibly want to know about him he talks about in his spoken-word tours.

I can’t imagine what is left to be said about his life that he hasn’t covered already in his tours.

Rollins spoke to a crowd of people about his best friend and room mate being shot in the head IN their house while he ran trying to find a phone to call police. He pretty much keeps nothing secret in these tours, I commend him for actually being able to talk about that specific event and the many others he does as well.

If you do interview him, the only question I really think that needs to be asked is “Why is Stephen King so bad?”
That will provide for 5 pages or so of reading material as he goes through the innumerable reasons I’m sure he has in his head.