Hemp Protein Sucks

Amazon for some odd reason is super slow on shipping my protein, usually arrives on time.

Went to Whole Foods and bought a small tub of hemp protein for the wife to try.

In a pinch I used it this morning, awful stuff. anyone else tried it?

I haven’t used hemp protein powder, but hemp milk was awful enough that I really wouldn’t want to.

its the most disgusting supplement ive ever tried, both in taste and texture. id rather chug a glass of straight greens supplement with no flavouring… id rather chug a glass of 25g psyllium fibre…id rather…you get the point.

and I should note, only reason I bought it is because we’re trying a Paleo type diet for the wife for acne issues, but wanted the option of a non-dairy protein powder.

Hemp protein is absolutely disgusting,i dont know how people can stand the taste but i love hemp seeds,i eat a tablespoon before bed,but you cant really use them as a protein source because they arnt very high in protein,full of good fats though.

Why not just get egg protein?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
and I should note, only reason I bought it is because we’re trying a Paleo type diet for the wife for acne issues, but wanted the option of a non-dairy protein powder.[/quote]

For hemp was it the taste? texture?

Would rice protein be okay? I understand Paleo but I also know rice is less allergenic than whey.

Pea protein?

Hey I saw this thread because I have a google shoutout to hemp protein and just wanted to say one thing: BAKE WITH IT!!! As a shake, it’s pretty foul, but hemp protein cakes and hemp protein muffins are DELICIOUS! The stuff is just totally misunderstood, IMO, it needs baking with :slight_smile:

At first I mixed it in with my usual whey powder.

Later, I actually got used to it to the point where I enjoyed it’s odd flavor and “dirt-like” texture all on it’s own mixed with milk.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
The Hives[/quote]

Whatever happened to them? I actually liked them a lot and had their first US album release.

Reminded me of early Kinks and Iggy Pop.

Sorry the hijack.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
The Hives[/quote]

Whatever happened to them? I actually liked them a lot and had their first US album release.

Reminded me of early Kinks and Iggy Pop.

Sorry the hijack.
[/quote]

LOL - we can talk about bands we miss any time. POT USA is kinda related to this topic too? Peaches anyone?