Hemp and Marijuana Are the Answer

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I dont have anything else to add other than, i dont get it…[/quote]

It’s totally stupid, I agree.

Weed should be legal.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I don’t get it either, and I don’t think that should be the case.

But when I sit down tonight with a couple fingers of Macallan 12, I’m not going to pretend like it’s going to save the world.

You want to get high, get high. But call it like it is and don’t pretend like growing hemp is both the path to US financial prosperity and the cure to all ills.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
Also, I’m going to LOL when Monsanto is selling all the pinko hippies on my facebook page the packs of joints they buy in the store 10 years from now. Philip Morris Brand Weed, “Can I get a pack of Marb Greens please?”[/quote]

Actually, what Monsanto is going to do is genetically modify the seed and patent it; let the seed spread through every crop on the planet in a way that they can trace; and then with a team of lawyers and private cops shake everyone who grows weed down for a cut of every bud grown because of patent infringement. But, yah, in 10 years or so everyone is going to be smoking round-up resistant weed with Monsanto’s fingerprints on it whether they like it or not.

Meanwhile, I can go buy a cannabis “relaxation” drink from the corner store, and we have at least one dispensary a bit further down the street.

I think the legalization here took the edge off a lot of the “it will save the world” arguments.

I overheard a conversation the other day with one of the local cops, and pretty much the people who got in trouble before are the same people getting in trouble today. If you’re over 21, and you’re on private property (that’s yours), there’s no issue. The problems are “underage smoking” and doing it in public, which was really no different than before.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
You want to get high, get high. But call it like it is and don’t pretend like growing hemp is both the path to US financial prosperity and the cure to all ills.
[/quote]

I dont think it will help us financially, although it is creating a new industry, by no means will solve anything. If it helps people and/or people enjoy it, then let them enjoy it legally.

The consequences of weed vs. alcohol/nicotine/prescription pill addiction is laughable and infuriating when one is legal, and the other is a schedule1.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

I dont think it will help us financially, although it is creating a new industry, by no means will solve anything. If it helps people and/or people enjoy it, then let them enjoy it legally.

The consequences of weed vs. alcohol/nicotine/prescription pill addiction is laughable and infuriating when one is legal, and the other is a schedule1. [/quote]

Agreed on all points.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Political leaders and their cronies can not seem the grasp the benefits of these two plants. Their benefits far out weigh any negative effects. The benefit to the economy alone is massive. The health benefits are through the roof. Repeated studies show Hemp oil as a major medicine from cancer fighting to seizures.

Here is Joe Rogans rant. Joe Rogan crystallizes WHY hemp and psychedelics are ille... | Minds

[/quote]

Professor Moriarty’s Miracle Cure Snake Oil Opium Preparation no. 4 is far more effective than hemp and the benefits far outweigh any purported “side effects”.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I don’t get it either, and I don’t think that should be the case.

But when I sit down tonight with a couple fingers of Macallan 12, I’m not going to pretend like it’s going to save the world.

[/quote]

True

World is dangerous place also. Hard to run the world when you’re high

Big Pharma made Marinol, which doesn’t work nearly as well as actual cannabis.

Also, Sativa strains sans CBD make music incredibly enjoyable and make you want to do shit. I know people who use strains like Durban Poison, Sour Diesel, Greek Crack as a form of pre-workout along with caffeine… I use this. Outside of, “real supplements” like testosterone, nothing gets you fired up like your favorite aggressive song while high on a racy sativa.

In Israel a huge amount of the population use Marijuana for all kinds of reasons, ranging from PTSD to old age problems to include alzheimers.

Charlottes Webb and it’s ability to increase the threshold of seizures hasn’t been reproduced by any of Big Pharma. What they want is you to take their drugs so they can make money, not cure you…

The reason people bring up pot and cancer is because it has a tendency to act with neurotransmitters, which in time normalize abnormal cells… So in cells that refuse to die (cancer) there is a lot of evidence it works to tell those cells to die. It’s being more rigorously studied in Spain and Israel.

Anyhow, happy to educate you fucktards. Cheers T-Nation!

Again ignore financial and obvious real world facts and continue to promote Tin foil hat.

Nobody cares if you smoke weed and drink the bong water.

Just stop acting like it can create a utopia society free from war, disease and poverty.

Its a mind altering substance Period, it has some medicinal benefits. But like anything else there is a line in the sand of to much can do harm.

It’s good for the flu, a good for asthma
Good for tuberculosis, even umara composis

Shhhhh! Don’t tell Pfizer!

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Again ignore financial and obvious real world facts and continue to promote Tin foil hat.

Nobody cares if you smoke weed and drink the bong water.

Just stop acting like it can create a utopia society free from war, disease and poverty.

Its a mind altering substance Period, it has some medicinal benefits. But like anything else there is a line in the sand of to much can do harm. [/quote]

Weed is awsome…haters gonna hate… they hate us cuz they anus

marijuana is the answer? to why I got nothing done from the age of 14 - 24

Jim talks about hemp to the group.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
marijuana is the answer? to why I got nothing done from the age of 14 - 24[/quote]

same. lol. Quit around 18 or 19, smoked occasionally after that. But I flourished after I quit.

That lifters guid to weed was bullshit too. The studies that show monkeys t levels dropping were so out dated. They had monkeys smoking THIRTY joints a day. Thats redic. As a midnight toker myself my test came back at 740 with a range of 240-850. and like many americans I have been smoking on and off my whole life. No effects on my test whatsoever.

[quote]bpbob wrote:
That lifters guid to weed was bullshit too. The studies that show monkeys t levels dropping were so out dated. They had monkeys smoking THIRTY joints a day. Thats redic. As a midnight toker myself my test came back at 740 with a range of 240-850. and like many americans I have been smoking on and off my whole life. No effects on my test whatsoever. [/quote]

I read that article and tripped out…

The writer associated CBD with Indica, and THC with Sativa as if they were dichotomous. There are indica’s and sativa’s with CBD and thc. There are compounds that are less studied like THCV which show appetite suppressing effects as well as interesting effects on anxiety.

Also, there are methods of using Cannabis that don’t include combustion, such as vaping and eating, so in those cases critics cannot site the problem of smoking itself being more detrimental than helpful.

I’ve got access to the equivalent of THC E juice that works with everyday vape pens. The effects take place as if you smoke because it takes advantage of being absorbed through the respiratory system the same way smoking does, but without the damage.

And yeah, bunch of beginners who smoked when they were 15 or so got their hands on some bunk shit, or didn’t bother to investigate the difference between Sativa’s and Indica’s and probably got blitzed on Indica’s or sleepy hybrid plants.

Some of the strains make you energetic, have a reputation for doing so and generally low or no CBD.

I’ll name some.

Cinderella 99

Kali Mist

Durban Poison, and most African Strains around S. Africa and the Rift Lake areas such as Malawi

Strawberry Cough

Strawberry Diesel

Neville’s Haze

I can personally vouch for these. The trick is not overdoing it, often times less is more… If you overdo it on Sativa’s as a nub, you get paranoid or sleepy.

Strains that help with sleep are more often going to be indica dominant, some will have fair amounts CBD. These strains tend to make your whole body heavy, usually the first thing you feel is heavy eyes. There are also strains that are Sativa that are high in CBD, but they tend to be less common because many breeders focuses on bringing out the highest amount of THC. Usually very High Thc co-relates to low CBD, and vice versa. But there are still strains out there with both.

If you can get your hands on old school Kush, like Hindu Kush or Nepalese strains they are great. There are a lot of “OG” strains here in California that are based on those plants, the ones mixed with indica dominant strains tend to be pretty sleepy… Most, “OG Kush” indica dominant pot is more on the sleepy side, but there are a lot of Sativa dominant and hybrid crosses as well that are classified as “OG/ Ocean Grown.”

Some solid strains for sleep-

Blackberry Kush

Blueberry

Bubba Kush

Grand Daddy Purple

But really there are shitloads of these.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]streamline wrote:
Repeated studies show Hemp oil as a major medicine from cancer fighting to seizures.

[/quote]
All other stuff aside, lets analyze this comment.

Do you really believe that if Hemp Oil was the a major medical discovery that Pharmaceutical companies would not be making and selling this miracle cure already?

[/quote]

Except for the fact that cannabinoid medications (e.g., Marinol, nabilone) have already been put to market by Big Pharma…

While I think it’s safe to say that the health care applications of cannabinoids have been overstated by a certain lobby, is it not equally disingenuous to assume that pharmaceutical companies would be all over it if it actually were a cure? They’re in it to turn a profit, not cure disease. There’s a reason why they churn out new antidepressants, shy away from developing new antibiotics, and run full-tilt from orphan drugs if they can get away with it.

I am of the belief that cannabinoids have a lot of potential as a drug class. Will they cure cancer? That’s probably a load of BS. But cannabis has been studied to a far greater extent than most of the drugs put on the market and was known in the medical community for its large therapeutic index/safety profile prior to the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937. There are several indications for which cannabinoids are approved for (e.g., antiemetic, appetite stimulant) and many off-label uses for which they hold a fair amount of promise. This doesn’t mean that people have to smoke it, so developing a good way of controlling dose and a good ROA would be good from a pharmaceutical standpoint.

On a side note, if you want to smoke it for recreation, I don’t care about that. Legalize the shit out of it.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Weed is awsome…haters gonna hate… they hate us cuz they anus[/quote]

Hebrew folk know whats up