T Nation

Hematoma and What about sub c

I have been injecting 200/week of Test Cyp for over a year. been only doing in the glute since a friend was helping me. I decided to inject my vastus lateralis the other day for the first time… Result… huge deep muscle hematoma. Went to the doc and he said he only recommends injecting the glutes and was pissed at me for injecting my quad.

Any way no squats for awhile and and I am limping like an idiot and quad is huge and swollen right now. Does anyone have experience on Sub Cutaneous injections. Are they as effective?

I had a similar experience, I have always injected in the glutes and decided to try the quads. I used a 1" 25g needle and felt no pain during the injection and no problem until the next morning. It felt like severe DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and got worse the next 2 days before it started getting better. I thought maybe I had just hit a bad spot so I went to the other quad for the next injection…carefully selected a site in the prescribed area and again no pain and no problem until the next day. I had the same soreness that continues to increase for a couple of days but no loss of strength…I was still able to do squats. I am going to try the subQ with the #29 1/2" insulin syringe and see if that helps. Most people doing subQ on this forum seem to be having good results.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else is having similar issues injecting in the quads…

I have been injecting IM in my glutes, quads and delts for a little over a month. I have had no real issues except one really sore leg after one of my quad injections. I prefer the glutes and delts for IM. I tried two SQ shots in my stomach and had a lump that appeared about three days after each shot. I went back to the IM shots as the stomach lumps were so noticeable that guys on my hockey team were commenting on them. The lumps dissapeared after 6 or 7 days.

[quote]AverageD wrote:
I have been injecting 200/week of Test Cyp for over a year. been only doing in the glute since a friend was helping me. I decided to inject my vastus lateralis the other day for the first time… Result… huge deep muscle hematoma. Went to the doc and he said he only recommends injecting the glutes and was pissed at me for injecting my quad.

Any way no squats for awhile and and I am limping like an idiot and quad is huge and swollen right now. Does anyone have experience on Sub Cutaneous injections. Are they as effective? [/quote]

Slin pins on quads.

I found some great information on Steroids Forum http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_gear/injection_pain_what_to_know_and_what_to_do

Prisoner wrote:
"A user has injected and a day later is having lots of pain and swelling to his injection site.

There are normally 3 reasons why this would occur.

The first reason is that the injectable used contained too much preservative such as benzyl alcohol which will cause tissue damage, and stimulate a local inflammatory response. The pain from this can be moderate and go away in a few days, or it can be severe and take almost a week to subside.

It really depends on how much BA was in the solution injected and how much volume was injected. Normally the pain and inflammation can be controlled with Ice and anti-inflammatory such as Advil and after about the 3rd day, the user should notice a gradual subsiding of the symptoms.

The site should be swollen, and slightly red, but that swelling should be inside the muscle, and should begin to dissipate on the third day along with the pain. This is a slow progression though and could take as long as a week to ten days to fully go away, the key is it will slowly get better, not worse or stay the same.

This describes the problem I am having to a T. He gives 2 more reasons that might describe yours. Some great information over there even if your just doing HRT.