Hematocrit, Hemoglobin Elevated. Now What?

[quote]cirerecrem wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
Avoid iron fortified foods and supplements.

[/quote]

None of my supplements contain iron and i don’t eat much spinach. I don’t think I eat any fortified foods but I will be on the look out. I’m still trying to determine if HCG alone would be a better bet if I am prone to elevated hematocrit at a dose as low as 130 mg/week. Found studies showing that TRT suppresses herpcidin (iron regulating peptide)which is the link for the increase in Hematocrit. Trying to determine now if it is only supplemental T that does this or if boosting natural production would do the same.

Thanks KSman[/quote]

Did you ever figure out if HCG alone will raise your Hemocrit? I’m on HCG monotherapy and am worried mine may be high, need to get it tested ASAP. Let me know if you ever figured it out though.

[quote]brabewifor wrote:
All,

I have been dealing with this elevated Hemoglobin for a couple years and the docs kept lowered my T dose to a point to where there was no benefit.  I tried the creams and injections and both elevated the hemoglobin.  At 1 point I was at 19.6.  I finally got so sick of feeling bad and depressed because of low T I told my doctor, I don't care what my hemoglobin level is I want the injections and asked for a script for a Therapeutic Phelobotomy anytime the hemoglobin was above 15.1.  The doc gave it to me and I took it to the donation center.  

When I got there the 1st time my blood pressure was really high and hemoglobin was 19.6.  They refused to draw until my BP went down.  (I had not been taking my BP medicine.)  Went back a few days later and hemoglobin was 19.3 and BP was within acceptable ranges so they took 500 ml.  At this point I was going to take control of the situation by doing the following:  every week I was going to have my hemoglobin checked by a fingerstick.  If it was above 15.1, I was going to donate not matter what.  

To make a long story short, I ended up donating 4 straight weeks and my hemoglobin levels dropped something like this: 19.6, 19.3, 17.5, 16.3. I felt good about this pattern and the 5th week I was 14.9 so I did not donate. I kept monitoring the hemoglobin level every week and ended up getting drained a couple more times but it seems like the pattern now is donate about every 6 weeks. My last check was 2 weeks ago and I was at 13.9 so the pattern appears to be OK at this point.
My weekly dose of T is about 100ml. So far so good.

Wifor[/quote]

Hi guys,I’m new here.

Hey Wifor

How did you feel after donating all that blood ? Did you fell weak ?

I suspect I’ll have to do something similar since I don’t want to lower my test
dose.

Thanks !

Hello wifor. I have a few questions. My friend has been diagnosed with this same problem. I’m curious how your getting your blood drawn each week. He is having trouble with that. They will only draw his every 54 days. The Dr said if he gave him a Dr’s note for the red cross that he had a blood problem then the red cross won’t draw his blood at all. After getting his blood drawn within a couple weeks he feels better but then he goes right back because his levels are still staying high. Is their some other way to be able to get your blood drawn more frequently. And what is the T. Is that a medicine. Thank you.