Helping the Flavor of Surge?

So, I tried my first tub of Surge after training yesterday and my God is it atrocious tasting! Like super sweet cake batter/coconut water. Bleh!

I usually just down a Metabolic Drive shake after lifting, but wanted to give the Surge a try, since the idea behind it seems very sound to me…but, all that simple sugar mixed with the whey tastes like absolute shit.

Any suggestions for mixing it with something besides water to help the flavor?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
So, I tried my first tub of Surge after training yesterday and my God is it atrocious tasting! Like super sweet cake batter/coconut water. Bleh!

I usually just down a MD shake after lifting, but wanted to give the Surge a try, since the idea behind it seems very sound to me…but, all that simple sugar mixed with the whey tastes like absolute shit.

Any suggestions for mixing it with something besides water to help the flavor? [/quote]

My first question would be, did you stick with the recomended dose or did you have more? And second would be how much water did you mix it with?

I could see it tasting as you describe if I only used 8 or 10 oz of water with 2 scoops. You need a good pint of water with two scoops to make it taste as it was meant to, and if you are taking 3 scoops then you should use another 8 oz. Try that first.

I agree. I had the rasberry flavor and it tastes like sickly sweet kool-aid with a metallic/bitter aftertaste.

I’m sure it is probably the hydrolysate that does it.

btw…I drink Surge during my workout and within about five minutes of taking the first swig, I feel like there is a furnace running inside me. I seriously feel like my core body temp raised by two full degrees.

Why is this? There doesn’t appear to be a clear stimulant in the ingredients.

Sorry I love it. You can donate your Surge to me. Try getting a different flavor :wink:

This is one of those ‘Don’t be a dripping twat pussy’ things.

I’ll take it. :wink:

I loved the root beer flavor.

If it doesn’t’ taste good, dilute it more.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

I usually just down a MD shake after lifting, but wanted to give the Surge a try, since the idea behind it seems very sound to me…but, all that simple sugar mixed with the whey tastes like absolute shit.

Any suggestions for mixing it with something besides water to help the flavor? [/quote]

WHAT! it tastes SO good after a workout… esp. if you have a low carb intake otherwise…

i have strayed from the original, but wont anymore because of the consistency difference… it mixes so well and i love that sugary flavor (no i dont work for Biotest)

i usually use 3 scoops in 20-25 oz of ice cold water, i dont know if mixing it with anything would help

skynett, you’re level 4 and never had Surge until now??

Just out of curiosity, what flavor was it?

I’ve had the Root Beer, Raspberry, and Chocolate, and think they’re all quite delicious.

Mix that root beer with anything vanilla flavored and mmmmm… you have yourself a confectionary in the form of a post-workout shake.

I live for the taste of Surge.

chocolate is the best tasting stuff ever.

Is anyone else surprised when people say shit is ‘too sweet’? I never knew there was such a thing.

Once, this guy was eating a cookie with frosting on it, then he said it was too sweet and started scraping the frosting off. I think he may have been mentally deranged.

I hated rootbeer (too sweet), but loved original.

I found it pretty sweet too… but whatever… I drink it… I also drink like 4 scoops in a shaker cup… lol :wink: I found 3 scoops, with one scoop of vanilla whey seems to be not too too bad though… but whatever… I don’t drink the shit for the taste… :slight_smile:

Chocolate is the best! I can’t get enough of it. PM any leftovers you don’t want…

I don’t like the raspberry. It tastes like licorice to me!

That is all I have tried oh and vanilla (ok) but choc. is the scrumpious.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
This is one of those ‘Don’t be a dripping twat pussy’ things.[/quote]

Ha ha - yea, I was waiting for someone to come out with that… ; )

[quote]dakotah_13 wrote:
skynett, you’re level 4 and never had Surge until now??[/quote]

Yea - why is that hard to believe?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
dakotah_13 wrote:
skynett, you’re level 4 and never had Surge until now??

Yea - why is that hard to believe? [/quote]

Surge is a staple product for many people on this site

you will get used to it, i used to hate it,

I’ve always loved Original Surge it’s a treat after a hard workout. I’ve read where some guys started out not liking it, but then it grew on them and the love it now. Give it a chance to grow on you. In the meantime know it’s kick ass for recovery and like a good boy slam it down!

D