Helping My Girlfriend Get Ripped

[quote]Legalsteel wrote:
^ I did mean wide stance squatting. Also, I guess for now anything other than varied rep schemes would be over-thinking it. Keep your aces in the hole for now, so to speak.[/quote]
Cheers man, yeah her stance is already relatively wide, but I will make sure to throw some variation in there.

[quote]mbv8 wrote:
I second the no fruit and the no dairy. You can get all of the nutrients from fruits through extra veggies, and veggies can be VERY satiating in copious amounts (while low calorie!)

Whether she eats beef or chicken has a huge impact (beef has lots of fat calories). As she progresses, may start mixing in seafood (shrimp, fish, etc) as the fat content is close to zero and can shave off additional calories without putting in thought or effort.

Nix the skim milk in the coffee (if she’s willing to go to such lengths, this shouldn’t be a problem; can add in stevia or similar zero calorie sweetener) and make sure the powerade and ALL drinks are 0 calories (drinking calories is a WASTE on a diet → maybe substitute the protein shake for more MEAT; there is no need for protein every couple of hours as it takes about 24 hours to be processed and amino acids will continue to be used throughout that time).

While fasted muay thai classes would be stupid, on days she is not doing anything, fasting is great! Check out leangains or an alternative if you’re interested, as muscle retention greatly increases through IFing compared to simple calorie restriction. Same with adding in ephedrine+ caffeine dosed at 20mg/200mg 3x daily.

Sprint intervals are also a great way to accelerate fat loss (or get it going + burn some extra calories) or get it back on track.

Also, squatting 3x a week (heavy, volume, speed) would always be good for ass/legs.

GOOD LUCK! :)[/quote]
What’s up, thanks for your extensive input! :slight_smile:

She’d be keen on the ephedrine route (being a stimulant fan) but sadly it’s become illegal to sell in New Zealand :(. Even worse, they have now banned all DMAA-based pre workout supplements… ie all the good ones! So yes… strong black coffees it is!

She has now started carb cycling, and fruit is down to an absolute minimum.

Sadly, we realised my digital scales are fucked so we don’t know what her starting weight was - which is really frustrating! But she is fitting into the next clothing size down (US 6) quite easily now, and has also got visible “4 pack” abs now, which she is extremely happy about. Her body skin has “smoothed” and tightened up also. Still a long way to go though!

So we have been adjusting/trying everything over the last couple of weeks and have settled on the following, which we will stick with for now and see what results she gets:

M-5/3/1 two day template + KB swings
T-Muay Thai 1.5 hours
W-Rest
T-Muay Thai 1.5 hours
F-5/3/1 two day template + KB swings
S-rest
S-rest

She has also joined a gym (we weight train at my house) to use their sauna and do steady state cardio when she has a spare hour a couple of times per week.

Diet is under control (I took a lot of the comments in this thread on board) and she’s doing a 5 x low; 2 x high carb cycling approach. Monday and Thursday being the high days.

We’re going to take measurements tonight and a proper weigh in with my new non-broken scales and I will update her progress as time goes on.

Cheers!

be careful what you wish for … lol