Helping Japan

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
My english class was based around a book about a doctor in Haiti. One report I wrote explored the topic of why Haiti is poor, and the fact is America (along with France) is the reason Haiti is in such poverty.

I just bring this up because Americans love to shout about how much “aid” America gives to Haiti, while ignoring the fact that America refused to recognize Haitis independence for a few decades, refused commerce with it, lavished “aid” on murderous dictators, and enacted a damaging embargo after the first coup of Aristide.

The whole “America is too damn generous” angle just isn’t in line with reality.[/quote]

Proof. Maybe, instead of your just blatant hatred. [/quote]

So you can claim my sources are shit and everything you don’t want to hear is a lie? Nah.[/quote]

I mean as long as the sources are credible, I don’t want to see something like “Why America is Bad” or “Marx does it Right” .com. I’ll look at sources, just not bad ones.

I am not a Nationalist by any chance, I’m a liberal because I am a conservative. I’m for helping Japan and Haiti, but I’m not in favor of taking away the freedom of someone.

This is some crazy ass shit discussion going on in this thread.
Should Americans help the Japanese?
I really am boggled by this fucking upside down bizzarro world shit.

Americans wouldn’t have 1 red fucking cent to spend on anything but food and/or energy if the Japanese helped THEMSELVES by spending the 900 billion dollars in U.S. treasury debt they already own. Instead they are trying to suppress the Yen and prop up our economy further by printing 8 trillion new Yen.

[quote]Hodge_Podge18 wrote:
No, my problem is that until the shit hits the fan, we’re the most hated people on earth and no one gives a shit about us except for how they can bring us to our knees the fastest. For example, when hurricane Katrina hit, how many nations sent us aid?.[/quote]

I’m always perplexed by shit like this (the first part the most, really…).

As for helping Japan, why not look into what Japan has done when it comes to other recent natural disasters? Why is that not ones first thought? (other than ‘these folks need help! What can we do?’, of course…).