HELPFUL!

it’s been really helpful reading the articles posted here. also, i appreciate vroom’s and tnt’s advice. if i were to jump on the T-Nation bandwagon/team, what supps should i be recommended to start off with? for protein, pre/postwo, for cutting up and vitamins? i appreciate the advice. thanks

Well I would say ANYONE can get great use out of Surge and Grow! proteins.

Other than that we need a little more info.

Age; life and training,
Diet,
training,
goals,
Etc.

Come on back with that and ANYTHING else that may help us help you.

Hope that helps,
Phill

No one is saying that you have to strickly use Biotest products or your kicked out of the club! Sure, everyone knows that Biotest is ahead of the game on their products., but sometime other factors affect what one can use, afford, etc…

Enough said. So my opinion would be to start on a protein supplement, descent multivitamin w/o iron, good nutrition plan and workout routine (both of the ladder are available in great quantity). This will help you go along way when properly done.

Grow! and Surge

Welcome aboard! I am by no means an expert on all things training/Biotest, but for post workout (which most people here shorten to PWO… a lot of acronyms on this site. lol), definitely go with Surge. In terms of a general protein, I am a very big fan of Low-Carb Grow! Not only are the protein components excellent, but it really tastes better than any of the others I’ve tried (and I’ve tried more of them than I care to think about).

People on here have had a lot of success with HOT-ROX, but since I have not tried it yet (have not been in a cutting phase as of yet), I cannot personally comment. Just check out the threads associated with the products in the store section. You will get a ton of info.

I order my vitamins from vitacost.com and go with one of the NSI brands, but that’s just me. I am curious as to what others recommend for multi’s.

Hope that helps out a little.

Kuz

• Return with honor.

i’m 25, 6’2", 235 lbs. i’m in the military and i just got back from iraq. i’m on leave (vacation) and enjoying some good home cooked meals and after my break i’ll get back on track. i did alot of cardio downrange(iraq) to bring down my bf % and have the discipline to eat right and exercise regularly. i want to tighten up the loose skin from loosing weight and adding some mass to my frame. i’m not looking to be a bodybuilder but for my size some mass would be good for my frame. oh, and i don’t want anyone understanding that i’m looking for an overnight miracle. thanks.

[quote]bigtez wrote:
i’m 25, 6’2", 235 lbs. i’m in the military and i just got back from iraq. i’m on leave (vacation) and enjoying some good home cooked meals and after my break i’ll get back on track. i did alot of cardio downrange(iraq) to bring down my bf % and have the discipline to eat right and exercise regularly. i want to tighten up the loose skin from loosing weight and adding some mass to my frame. i’m not looking to be a bodybuilder but for my size some mass would be good for my frame. oh, and i don’t want anyone understanding that i’m looking for an overnight miracle. thanks.[/quote]

Welcome Home – are you with the 1st Cav here at Fort Hood? If so maybe you would like to train with the powerlifting team on post when you get back into the swing of thing?

Thanks for what you do … you can find us a Burba gym most days of the week.

Malinda

is it better to do cardio before or after i lift? i just don’t want either or to interfere with the muscle groups i’ve worked or going to work.

[quote]bigtez wrote:
is it better to do cardio before or after i lift? i just don’t want either or to interfere with the muscle groups i’ve worked or going to work.[/quote]

You’ll get replies going both ways here. There is a current group of articles called ‘Superior Circuit’ currently on articles board that you may want to look at.

It really depends on your main focus–lose weight or gain muscle–and how intense your given workout is going to be.

You would not pair High Intensity type interval cardio with a big leg day. For that matter probably not before most lifting days, but lighter cardio can be done before or directly after lifting.

There exists many theories on this subject, and given the time you should attempt to gather as much info as possible to make your workout decision.

I like to do 15-20 min. of hard cardio after I lift–sometimes. I save longer runs and interval work for off daysmfrom lifting.

For the sole purpose of building muscle I would probably seperate them. To lean out, mix and match.

Big,

I don’t think there’s a real consensus on whether cardio should be done before or after a workout. There’s definitely an up and a downside to both choices. I think that ideally cardio or energy system work should be done one a separate day. Personally, if I’m doing weights and cardio on the same day, I do the cardio first because after the weights I’m wiped and I feel that the cardio just pushes me further into a catabolic state that I’m trying to avoid.

I’ve been doing the routine outlined in the “superior circuit” articles before my workouts for the past couple of weeks and have been really enjoying it, so you might want to give them a shot. Depending on your General Physical Preparadness (GPP), they can be quite taxing as a cario/warmup session, so be sure to keep it at a 60% effort level to avoid overtaxing yourself before lifting.

http://t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=596444&pageNo=0

I don’t think it will be possible to tighten up the loose skin that is a result of losing weight. I don’t have any personal experience in relation to this, but from what I’ve read from Chris Shugart who has persistent looseness around his midsection from previous weightloss, surgery is the only option to remove that loose skin. Of course this may depend on the amount of loose skin, perhaps in your case; exercise, diet and muscle hypertrophy may correct the problem.

Cheers,

Soup