HELP!

Alright everyone. This is more of a vent more than anything. But I have been out of school for seven months now and have been working at two gyms. One fulltime and the other I do part-time training.

I cant help but feel like I am forgetting EVERYTHING I have learned in college as time goes on. My fulltime gym is a corporate business gym and they LOVE to preach the bosu and body ball core training work. Seven months ago I would have been able to eplain their fault with sound physiological principles but now I feel that I have forgotten all of my reasoning skills.

I have been trying to read up on my notes again but its not the same as being in a classroom setting. I feel like this is going to eventually come back and haunt me in the future. I have also been reading every article that focuses on physiology or kinesiology in T-Nation.

I have many clients that I train who are seeing the results they want, but I almost feel like that anybody could train people like that and that my four years of school were a waste. Am I the only one??

I would really appreciate responses from anybody who has either felt like they forget everything they have learned after a certain period of time and what they did about it, or from people who can help me with some of their favorite new up to date studies that I might not have found here on T-Nation. Thanks everyone.

Eric

While it’s good to look back on things you’ve learned in the past, you should try even harder to learn something new. Go to a few seminars, buy a new book or two, or just try to network with successful people in the business. When you do that, a lot of the things you learned will come back to you too.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
While it’s good to look back on things you’ve learned in the past, you should try even harder to learn something new. Go to a few seminars, buy a new book or two, or just try to network with successful people in the business. When you do that, a lot of the things you learned will come back to you too.[/quote]

Doug,

Yea I have been attending some seminars, but they are mostly by my gyms company. So they are about core and almost anti-bodybuilding. I am going to have to push myself to learn more on my own. Thanks for your response.