T Nation

HELP !!!!

Yo every 1 im new to t-mag this is my first post. SO any way im 15 and i want to get big chest muscles but i have no weights and im not allowed into the gym underage. I heard that push ups is just as good for chest muscles can any 1 recommed how many push ups i should do and how often. I also want to get a six pac so how many situps and how often. But my last problem is i know i should eat a lot of protein for example chicken fish etc but my mum is vegetarian and since we are hindu she does not touch meat at all and i do not know how to cook what should i eat i wanna get built but how.

"Yand im not allowed into the gym underage."

Underage? Do they serve drinks in the gym or something?

"But my last problem is i know i should eat a lot of protein for example chicken fish etc but my mum is vegetarian and since we are hindu she does not touch meat at all and i do not know how to cook what should i eat i wanna get built but how."

You can buy chicken breasts in bulk, and also fish fillets in bulk. Get a George Foreman Grill (I got one for $15). All you do is thaw the chicken or fish in water, plug the grill in, wait for it to warm up, and then throw the meat on for a few minutes. Just add some seasoning (or butter for fish) and you have some protein in a short time. No need to know how to cook with this. I recommend doing this as a supplement over protein powders if possible (except post-workout, of couse).

Sorry I can't help with the amount of pushups and situps, though.

Hope this helps,
Neil

<-------------- Look, a search engine.

A Joke?

tnhkx neil g

yo man this aint no joke any one got any tips for the push up and sit ups

Deadlift - it ain't no joke.

Huge chest in 6 weeks, floor slide might help a little more than pushups use the search engine. BTW aren't you in high school use the gym there.

Learn to cook. You're not going to get bigger without more calories going in.

And learn to spell and punctuate, too.

LOL Char and Neil both giving sound advice in the same post! I like it!

can i do wat neil said by a george foreman grill and eat chicken breasts and fish fillets thnkz

nike, that is an excellent idea but make sure you cook them long enough, especially the chicken and fish. You need more than just protein too kid. Lots of whole green fresh vegetables, some fruits, and whole grains/complex carbs. If you want to put on mass add a lot more complex carbs and a bit more saturated fats. Egg whites, nuts, flax seed are a few more things you'll gain benefits from. One easy rule is when you walk into the grocery store eat mostly things that are still alive, like- most anything in the produce section, the meat section, and dairy section. Eat only whole grain or rye breads. Anything in cans or jars is most likely going to be crap. Anything processed with additional ingredients is also crap. Exceptions are possibly tuna and beans canned. Drink lots of water. Right now if you train smart/hard and eat from what I suggest you won't even have to be very strict with macronutrient ratios or calories as your youth will make you grow like a bad weed. Also, being still farily young, don't over-do it. Teenagers can train harder but actually benefit from more frequent rest periods as overtraing can negatively affect your natural growth spurts. You should also train on the mass-making end of the spectrum with more volume per body part. You still have potential for hyperplasia though its very, very low by now. I'd choose a split like Christian Thibadeau suggests where each body part is only being worked once per week with lots of rest. You'll grow, hell you'll grow even if you don't workout but if you manage it well you'll be huge by the time you get in your mid-20's.

One last thing, you won't need to count those calories if you eat a whole lot. So just remember to eat pretty much all day, at your age you can handle it easily.

One more thing, I think Matt Fury has a book called "Combat Conditioning" that might help you if you don't have weights, but in order to gain some serious mass you need to get some free weights.