Help

Hey Guys, I’m new to the Iron Game. I’ve read all back issues of T-Mag, got some great advice. However most of it was over my head as I’m so new. I was wondering if you guys would mind answering a few questions.

My goals are the same as most newbies, too gain LBM while losing considerable fat content.

1. is it possible to do the above without supplements and on a "solid" food diet, if someone has tried this would they mind posting the diet that worked for them as I do not believe I am experience enough to create my own.

1. I’ve gone through workouts, training plans and principles and I m still no closer to being able to devise one for myself so again I was wondering if someone could post one that worked for them.

something for a guy whos about 5 foot 6-8, 18 years of age and inexperienced in the more complex types of exercises.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mike

Well, since you’ve read “all” the back issues, then you know that you can find hundreds of programs at T-mag already written out for you. Maybe the “Dawg School: Beginner’s Blast Off Program” will work for you. I’m sure you remember it since you’ve read “all” 235 issues of T-mag, yet for some odd reason missed all those programs and articles that have answered your questions. :slight_smile:

1. Yes. Do a search for “food log”, then start keeping one.

2. Try the Dawg School workout.

3. Are you really unsure of how tall you are?

Yes it is possible to do what you want to do without expensive supplements. In fact as a beginner, it’s probably a good idea to just concentrate on eating the right foods for now. Some of the supplements are just for convenience (protein powder) and some are really for the advanced lifter, which you don’t need yet. You should get dramatic results without these supplements, in your first year of training, if you do it correctly. You might want to add a multi-vitamin and some vitamin C to your diet, just for general health. There is a lot to learn, so don’t expect it will happen overnight. You might consider finding a personal trainer for a few sessions, to help teach you some basic exercise form. Or ask some of the older lifters at your gym for help. (Warning, many people in the gym don’t know what the heck they’re talking about). Watch people and learn. Two pieces of advice for a beginner: Good form on your exercises is CRUCIAL. You are not just throwing the weights around. As a beginner, you are teaching your body “how” to do the lifts. So make sure you do them correctly. Because it’s a pain to “unlearn” things. Look at it this way, a tennis player doesn’t just go out and whack the ball around, any old which-way. And neither should you in the gym. Do your exercises PERFECTLY. Even if you can’t use much weight at first. The second thing I will suggest…show up at the gym. That is the hardest thing to do. You just have to be consistent about working out. If your routine is halfway decent, you will make some progress. Hell, as a beginner, practically any routine will give you results in the gym. You just have to make the committment to training regularly. All the advice in the world won’t help, if you can’t make it to the gym. Sorry if I am stating the obvious.