Help with TRT/Lab Result Interpretation

Hey guys,

Brand new here…wanted to post my Quest and Labcorp results and see what you guys think. I have low libido, depression, brain fog, extreme fatigue and many other symptoms of low t so I ordered these tests myself. Will take to my GP if you think I should and ask for treatment if needed.

Labcorp:
Testosterone,Free and Total

• Testosterone, Serum 496 ng/dL (348 - 1197)
    Comment:
    Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males
    up to 40 years old.
  • Free Testosterone(Direct) 8.9 pg/mL (8.7 - 25.1)
  • Estradiol, Sensitive 13.6 pg/mL (8.0 - 35.0)
    This test was developed and its performance characteristics
    determined by LabCorp. It has not been cleared by the Food and
    Drug Administration.
    Methodology: Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry(LC/MS/MS)

Quest:
TESTOSTERONE,FR(DIALYSIS) AND TOTAL(LC/MS/MS)
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 554 - (250-1100 ng/dL)
FREE TESTOSTERONE 56.0 - (35.0-155.0 pg/mL)

I am a 30 year old male with a Ex Phys/Kineasology Degree and multiple ACSM certs and over a decade of personal training experience. I have naturally been 185-190lbs at 5’10"with 8-9%BF in my early 20’s and have never had a problem being strong naturally. However, my recovery and fatigue is awful now. I feel like my total is on the low side but not medically low and my free is pretty low. What do you guys thinks I should do here?

Please see these stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman
advice for new guys
things that damage your hormones

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
TSH
fT3
fT4
AST/ALT
CBC
hematocrit
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
AM cortisol

Have you been using iodized salt to support your thyroid?

My thyroid? What do you mean?

Your thyroid gland controls your base metabolism and energy levels. Thyroid hormones T3 and T4 have 3 and 4 atoms of iodine. If you are not using iodized salt, your energy levels and body temperatures can be low - or worse.

Mitochondria inside of your cells make ATP, the universal currency of cellular energy. Thyroid hormone fT3 regulates mitochondria and by this mechanism, the hypothalamus and pituitary regulate body temperature. Thyroid function is critical path for quality of life.

See these stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • thyroid basics - check oral body temperatures as suggested
  • finding a TRT doc

Low thyroid function has most of the same symptoms as low-T. Many guys who come here have compound effects of both. Low thyroid function can lead to secondary hypothyroidism.