Help with training routine.

Hi, guys.

I’m gonna start training each bodypart two times a week from now on. My question is: Do you think it’s best to have one light and one heavy workout pr. week, or should I incorporate low rep + high rep training in each workout (eg: Bench press: 2 sets of 6reps + 2 sets of 12 reps).

Thanks.

Man, there are tons of old articles you can read. Waterbury, Alessi, Tate, etc. It all depends on what your goals are. Please use the search engine, then ask questions about a particular routine.

My goals are to gain a max amount of size.

Read last weeks article by Joel Marion “Training for Max Size”

You may also want to investigate HST.

Before anyone else says it, go to the…FAQ. Here ill even provide you the link.

READ EVERYTHING THERE

Im stopping there, the other dawgs will chew you out probably, ill let the big ones finish you off…

Thanks for the help guys. I read through the FAQ, but could not find an answer to my question. The reason I posted on the forum was that I didn’t feel like reading through 30+ articles to get an answer. I probably sound like I don’t know anything, but I do know a little bit. I’m familiar with most of the stuff that’s on the FAQ page. I just want to know if high-reps + low-reps in the same workout is a good idea. Or should I keep high-reps and low-reps seperate?

My fault that was definetly the wrong post. Sorry that was not meant for you fowler. Thought I was responding to something else. My mistake.
Back in the dawg house I go…

-Junior

You just admitted that you were lazy. Why would anyone want to help a lazy person. In many people’s eyes, lazy in one endeavor means lazy in all. If you are lax in doing your own research, then you will be lax in the weightroom.

Ok, so you’re basicly saying that anyone who wants to post a question at the forum MUST read everything that is on the FAQ page first? C’mon, man! There’s alot of stuff on that page, links to many articles. It would take me hours to MAYBE find an answer to my question. I like the forum because I get feedback from many individuals who all speak from experience. That’s the beauty of any good forum. I’m not lazy, I’m just trying to be efficient. You don’t have to respond to my posts you know :slight_smile:

“The reason I posted on the forum was that I didn’t feel like reading through 30+ articles to get an answer.”

I think you just pissed off a lot of people with this comment. Anticipate getting flamed.

To me what your saying is that you want other people to read the 30+ articles to get an answer for you. We’ve read those articles…and probably a few hundred more…Do your own damn research!

wuzup bro

I would say go with seperate rep scheme workouts, this is what pavel t. recommeneds and also voropayev.

good luck

S-man

I don’t want anyone to read anything for me. If anyone on the board has had experience with the type of training I described, I’d love to hear about it. If you don’t know anything about it, feel free to ignore my post :slight_smile:
I’m not trying to ruin anyones life here. It was just a question.

I have used almost the exact training method you are describing for quite a while now and have had great results. Definately try the high rep to low rep training at the same time just make sure you increase the weights accordingly as you lower the reps. Its the only way to train for my money!! Just aloow sufficient rest periods between muscle groups during the week. Goodluck…

They have experience because they’ve tried it, AND read about it. The more you read, the more you know, the more you can think for yourself. Try reading, it helps. You never know, you might want to try a different workout than what you are doing.

Thanks for the replys guys. I’ll start my new routine tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it works out for me.

Fowler,
Might also want to check ot CT’s article from a few weeks back titled “Game Plan”…it talks about how to set up a routine based on how many times per week you want to train each muscle group and how many total reps to use. I found it VERY useful in helping me set up my current routine.