Help With Tight Hips And Cramping

For a while now whenever my leg is in a position so my knee is up near my chest I cramp up on the at the top of my leg just below the hip bone. I’ve tried foam rolling it before and it didn’t seem to help but it was never really a problem so I wasn’t too worried and thought it might have even just gone.

I recently started martial arts though and it keeps cramping up like mad during warm ups and kicking and now all my right side is really tight and somewhat sore if I stretch it, the cramping itself is very painful.

Does anyone know anyway to stop it cramping and eliminate at least some of the tightness? Its mainly my right side but I noticed my left starting to cramp tonight too for the first time. I heard Stan Efferding mention cramping with low sodium so I’m adding extra salt to all my meals for a couple of weeks to see if there’s a difference…

Thanks for reading, sorry for a long post.

It’s sounds bizarre, and I am not saying it’s the healthiest thing, but have you tried pickle juice? Cramps could be dehydration, potassium, magnesium etc… There is a company that actually sells it as a sports drink. Pickle shots or something like that.

That sounds revolting but I’ll give it a try, thank you.