Help with Testosterone Results?

When t is low e2 should be low too. Some ppl have low t higher e2. So guess what happens when they higher t - e2 becomes a real problem.

At least in your case you may not need an ai

1 Like

Yeah @systemlord, well with my TSH being 3.24 with an upper limit of 4.2, I wouldn’t atall be surprised.
I will have my FT3 etc checked when I have labs in a few weeks to check the progress of clomid.
I am only using clomid to try and boost my testosterone, until I bank sperm and start back on trt, as at the moment I feel like crap.
I would of started sustanon 250 + serm but worried it would still make me infertile again.

At least that’s a plus then @anon10230041
Good job really as my endocrinologist would probably need educating on what an AI is :grin:

@systemlord @anon10230041 @KSman

Just an update with labs day before starting clomid at 25mg EOD.

Testosterone- Low
SHBG- Low
Oestradiol- Low end of range

Albumin- High end range

Low dose sustonan twice weekly will do nicely, inform doctor low SHBG men excrete most of their testosterone in the first few days. I seriously doubt he will even prescribe an AI to you.

@anon10230041 @systemlord

Hi Guys,

So will have been on clomid 25mg EOD for 4 weeks this Wednesday coming.
I am sure it’s increased my Test levels, as I’ve gone from feeling exhausted all the time without doing anything, to starting a new very physical job, anxiety seems to have slightly improved despite tapering valium, definitely more motivation and a very noticeable difference in consistent morning wood.

I’m going to order a finger prick test to check for:
Total T
Free T
LH
FSH
SHGB
FAI
E2
Prolactin

This seems to be the best priced test I can find in the uk at £79, that included everything I need checked after 4 weeks of clomid.

I am currently working on a days, nights and afternoons rotating weekly shift pattern, so was wondering when would be the best time to do the finger prick test? For example if I’m working nights and wake up at 3pm would that not be a good time to do the test?

Thanks Guys :+1:

Early morning before 10am.

How exciting. Glad your feeling better.
Normally we make most testosterone while sleeping, so morning should have highest reading. But when taking clomid that dont matter much as your LH is increased almost consistently since clomid is long lasting. i would almost say do it shortly after you wake up, i dont think it matters much, i just would not do after a long day of work.

I look foward to the results.

Thank you both for your replies Guys :+1:

I will be working 6am til 2pm this week, so think I’ll order the test now, wait until Wednesday and take the test around 4am when I wake up for work.

Will update as soon as I get the results

Hi Guys, I’m just about to order my finger prick blood test and I have the option of having prolactin or DHEAs checked ( just included in the price ) which of the two would be most beneficial in your opinion?

Thanks Steve

If u never had prolactin. Then prolactin it is. If not then dheas

Hi Guys, I had my private blood results today, and results are as follows.

I expected testosterone to be higher as I feel so much better, but I’m not complaining :wink:
I would appreciate your views on my results please guys, also @KSman if you have time to give your advice as always it’s much appreciated.
Thanks, Steve

Please restate what protocol you are on and when you started. Thx

Hi @anon10230041,

I have been taking 12.5mg of Clomid EOD, and the blood was drawn slightly short of 6 weeks after starting this protocol.
I was wondering if my LH being so high could cause other problems.
My T level before starting clomid was 6.4 Nmol/L
Thanks, Steve

Increasing LH is the desired effect and is the reason guys go on Clomid.

You definitely know your pituitary works since your lh and fsh went up nicely.
Your estradiol is a tad high but if you feel good that’s great.

With that LH reading it tells me that your testes perhaps reached the max they can produce which is 19.

I have read many times that guys can continue the numbers by moving to even less frequent clomid. Being LH is maxed out Talk to Dr and maybe try 12.5 every 2 days. That may help with estradiol too.

Thanks You both for your input :+1:

@systemlord I understand it raises your LH, but wondered if it should still be within the high normal range.

@anon10230041 Thank you for your detailed reply.
I wonder if my medication could still somehow be affecting my T levels, as I would of expected my SHBG to have raised higher than it did also, but at least that raises my free T.

Do you think it’s worth sticking to this protocol for maybe another 6 weeks and then retest? And if then numbers are the same, cut from 12.5mg EOD to 12.5mg once every third day?
I am feeling good at the moment, certainly better now my T level is 3 times what it was.

Also I assume my FAI being slightly too high isnt a problem?

Thanks again

I was on clomid. When my t was low my shbg was 18. After clomid raised my t to 500 my shbg went to 27. I don’t think it was clomid that raised my shbg directly since my shbg is now still in the mid 20s and have been off clomid for months. I am on injections now since December.

I really cant say keeping lh at that level if it’s a good thing. I mean fsh is more stable lh can fluctuate. And fsh is good. Not sure how easy it is for you to get labs but if you can get the Dr to order fsh and Lh again see what it is now.

Keeping lh high I guess can over stimulate the leydig cells. So that’s why I suggested lh fsh repeat if you want to continue at current protocol.

I’ve read that some who lower clomid actually raised t higher. You can Google it.

Sometimes there isn’t a straight answer as you will need to experiment. At least you got the labs and know not to increase dose.

If you continue as is maybe labs after 3-4 weeks instead of 6.

Keep us updated.

Hey @anon10230041,

Only just realised I said I was taking 12.5mg of clomid EOD when in fact, I should of said I was taking 25mg EOD.

After having a think about it, and considering my E2 is equivalent to 37.5 Pg/ml, I’ve decided to drop to 12.5mg EOD, and If i still feel good I will retest in 4-6 weeks.

My thinking is I’ve found my max dose of clomid where my E2 and LH are too high, so if I try 12.5 mg EOD and my results are slightly too low, I could try 25mg taken once every 3 days ( one day on, two days off ) to give me a result somewhere in the middle.

Does this sound like a reasonable plan?
Thanks Steve

Yes. I like the plan. Good luck dude.