T Nation

Help with Supplements

Hey guys I’m kinda new to the Bodybuilding scene and I’ve been hittin the gym and have been on a pretty strict diet for the past 2 months. I went for 204lbs, 19.5% bodyfat to (currently) 184lbs 14%.

I am coming off my diet since I want to start building muscle, I still have about 4& bf to lose but I can work on that at the same time.

My question is I have been the same weight/bodyfat for the past 3 weeks so I think it is time to start using supplements. The ones I had in mind are:

*TRIBEX Gold - 1 tab or 2 tabs a Days, what’s better?
*Superfood
*Rev-V
*Metabolic Drive, Low-Carb - Once a Day or 3 times day
*Micronized German Creatine
*Surge Recovery
*BCAA - The Nitro-E8 has more Amino Acids in it, is it better then the Biotest BCAA’s?
*Flameout

This is pretty pricey so what would be the best order to start buying this stuff?

Thanks alot,

Joe

Dont just start all at once otherwise you will not no how each is effecting you.

Wouldnt bother with TRIBEX tbh,

Protein powder and Surge should be both begun together.

I would then add Superfood and Flameout.
Then BCAA’s
Then give creatine a try.

[quote]testanabol wrote:
dont just start all at once otherwise you will not no how each is effecting you.

Wouldnt bother with TRIBEX tbh,

Protein powder and Surge should be both begun together.
I would then add Superfood and Flameout.
Then BCAA’s
Then give creatine a try.[/quote]

Pretty decent advice. There’s no correct answer here, but that would be a decent order, though I might give Flameout a shot ASAP

Flameout is still on backorder, so try and get some good quality fish oil from a health store or something.

If going for more fat loss, how about HRX?!

LR

[quote]London Runner wrote:
Flameout is still on backorder, so try and get some good quality fish oil from a health store or something.

If going for more fat loss, how about HRX?!

LR[/quote]

Flameout should be back in stock this week, so there’s no need to buy a lower-quality substitute.

Thanks for the advice, I’ve got some protein from ESA (100% Whey) at 120 cal, 23 pro, 2 carbs, and 2 fats, I take after my workouts. I also have some Cyto Gainer, I take half a serving before my workouts it gives me 290 cal, 27 pro, 39.5 carbs, and 2.5 fats.

Think this is ok until I run out to get the Biotest stuff?

Currently I take in about 2,200-2,400 cals on workout days and on non-workout days I eat about 1,800-2,000 cals.

I’ll order the Flameout and Surge this week, currently I take a fish oil but it’s only 1,200mg.

Hey, if I added HOT-ROX would that help me lose bodyfat while I’m tryin to put on some muscle or is that wishful thinking?

Thanks again for the info.

HRX can help with some fat burning when building muscle, but most people tend to use is when in a cutting phase.

When are you putting in your order? You could get some Flameout if you order next week. And you could use it after you finish what you currently use.

The BCAAs are a must, and DON’T get the Orange flavour Low carb Metabolic Drive.

I would personally get a couple more chocolate ones. Then you can add some Orange or Peppermint essence to make yourself a chocolate orange, or mint chocolate shake. They taste great.

LR

gotcha thanks

[quote]JerseyJoe wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I’ve got some protein from ESA (100% Whey) at 120 cal, 23 pro, 2 carbs, and 2 fats, I take after my workouts. I also have some Cyto Gainer, I take half a serving before my workouts it gives me 290 cal, 27 pro, 39.5 carbs, and 2.5 fats.

Think this is ok until I run out to get the Biotest stuff?

Currently I take in about 2,200-2,400 cals on workout days and on non-workout days I eat about 1,800-2,000 cals.

I’ll order the Flameout and Surge this week, currently I take a fish oil but it’s only 1,200mg.

Hey, if I added HOT-ROX would that help me lose bodyfat while I’m tryin to put on some muscle or is that wishful thinking?

Thanks again for the info.[/quote]

It’s wishfull thinking, but after 2 months, you still may be able to do both at the same time.

As a newb, you really don’t need anything. Maybe some protein to supplement your intake, and Surge for PWO(though Flameout and Superfood are great additions to any diet, even if you never touch a weight). Concentrate on proper diet and training. You will get better results with supplements when you know you are getting the most out of them.

Congratulations on your progress.

For supps, Flameout and Creatine are the cornerstone of every stack. They’re cheap, and are effective in rediculous numbers of ways.

After that, protein and a great diet is all you really need.