Help with Squat

Ive been having trouble when I squat, I can get below parallel now but I feel a lot of pressure on my back and its really uncomfortable…is it normal or do I need to work on my form

Is your back rounding? What do you mean by pressure?

I feel like I’m using my back muscles more than I should be, so its probably bad form

Yes, without seeing your squat firsthand, I’d say it was your form. I know from my experience, whenever I feel my squat too much in my back it’s due to my form breaking down.

Depending on you height (femur length etc) back squats may not suit you goals of targeting the quadriceps. If you read Chad Waterburys new article that will help.

In the meantime try front squats and tell us how you feel

If you have any other question just PM me

• Phoenix Theory

generally in all lifts(mostly squats, deadlifts and the olympic ones) if i feel my back getting tired it usually means its been rounding. so i agree with vader. whos is angry. and finds lack of faith disturbing.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
generally in all lifts(mostly squats, deadlifts and the olympic ones) if i feel my back getting tired it usually means its been rounding. so i agree with vader. whos is angry. and finds lack of faith disturbing.[/quote]

I sense the Force is strong in this one…

When do you feel that kind of pain? The only time I’ve experienced it is during my 1RM, which I assume to be normal since it’s more weight than my body is used to repping.