Help with Recovery

So I have been back at lifting for about a month or two now and been feeling a little off. I feel strong, weight is up higher than ever and can still kill the weight Infront of me. I had surgery on my tailbone to upper back on some cysts an was left an open wound.( figured someone will ask) doing three days a week nothing crazy 5/3/1 sets an some assistance an sprints. I eat violently , stretch, get plenty of rest. But this Feeling is new to me. I don’t think it’s being run down or in need of a break especially after having a month off.

I bought some bath salts an MAG-10 to help out but can’t bathe til the wound is closed. I do occasional cold showers an still feeling sore. Even after taking extra days off. Any other things you guys use to
Help recover that maybe is out of the ordinary but successful? Idk if it’s work that’s taking a toll on me or what but it’s driving me insane an just hungrier than ever to attack after the minor set back…

Thanks everyone

[quote]Rupert531 wrote:
So I have been back at lifting for about a month or two now and been feeling a little off. I feel strong, weight is up higher than ever and can still kill the weight Infront of me. I had surgery on my tailbone to upper back on some cysts an was left an open wound.( figured someone will ask) doing three days a week nothing crazy 5/3/1 sets an some assistance an sprints. I eat violently , stretch, get plenty of rest. But this Feeling is new to me. I don’t think it’s being run down or in need of a break especially after having a month off. I bought some bath salts an MAG-10 to help out but can’t bathe til the wound is closed. I do occasional cold showers an still feeling sore. Even after taking extra days off. Any other things you guys use to
Help recover that maybe is out of the ordinary but successful? Idk if it’s work that’s taking a toll on me or what but it’s driving me insane an just hungrier than ever to attack after the minor set back… Thanks everyone [/quote]

Sounds like time for a deload. I also train 3 days a week on 5/3/1. When I deload I combine my workouts into 2 days like press/deads then bench/squat. Then I take 4 complete days off of everything and start a new cycle fresh. You probably just over did it when you came back. I would deload then do an entire cycle with just the required reps and def no grinders. Then on your next cycle train with some max rep sets again. Also I had to ease into the conditioning if I don’t my strength drops off. Good luck.

[quote]crowdhater wrote:

[quote]Rupert531 wrote:
So I have been back at lifting for about a month or two now and been feeling a little off. I feel strong, weight is up higher than ever and can still kill the weight Infront of me. I had surgery on my tailbone to upper back on some cysts an was left an open wound.( figured someone will ask) doing three days a week nothing crazy 5/3/1 sets an some assistance an sprints. I eat violently , stretch, get plenty of rest. But this Feeling is new to me. I don’t think it’s being run down or in need of a break especially after having a month off. I bought some bath salts an MAG-10 to help out but can’t bathe til the wound is closed. I do occasional cold showers an still feeling sore. Even after taking extra days off. Any other things you guys use to
Help recover that maybe is out of the ordinary but successful? Idk if it’s work that’s taking a toll on me or what but it’s driving me insane an just hungrier than ever to attack after the minor set back… Thanks everyone [/quote]
Sounds like time for a deload. I also train 3 days a week on 5/3/1. When I deload I combine my workouts into 2 days like press/deads then bench/squat. Then I take 4 complete days off of everything and start a new cycle fresh. You probably just over did it when you came back. I would deload then do an entire cycle with just the required reps and def no grinders. Then on your next cycle train with some max rep sets again. Also I had to ease into the conditioning if I don’t my strength drops off. Good luck.[/quote]

yeah I hear ya on that. I’ve just been doing my 5/3/1 an stretching an calling it a day an still feeling this way , I took time off last week as well. Very frustrated